Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

VirtualMetal wrote:
In maritime law, flotsam applies to wreckage or cargo left floating on the sea after a shipwreck. Jetsam applies to cargo or equipment thrown overboard from a ship in distress and either sunk or washed ashore. The common phrase flotsam and jetsam is now used loosely to describe any objects found floating or washed ashore.

It's a common phrase, so it wasn't a specific Tolkein thing.
you have a good memory or a good googlematic :)

saying that it looks a lot like LOTR, is saying that it looks like the matrix too...

Neo, 1999, NpV2=Smith, Faerie Queen=Oracle, Tombola Guy=Morpheus,...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:46 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Jens wrote:
saying that it looks a lot like LOTR, is saying that it looks like the matrix too...

Now that is just as beserk as it being like LOTR... How the heck is the Tombola Guy like Morpheus or the Faerie Queen like Oracle... And isn't NpV2 more like the person who made the Matrix (forgets name)...

And for the LOTR therory I mean I guess there are some similarities but the things you pointed out just aren't anything big. Its all coquiencidence... Idk it just seems like you are looking too far into it to me.

ImageImage
Thanks to Vkceankraz for the set and fader. This set is from Days Of Our Lives...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

LoopyLauren wrote:
Jens wrote:

Now that is just as beserk as it being like LOTR... How the heck is the Tombola Guy like Morpheus or the Faerie Queen like Oracle... And isn't NpV2 more like the person who made the Matrix (forgets name)...

And for the LOTR therory I mean I guess there are some similarities but the things you pointed out just aren't anything big. Its all coquiencidence... Idk it just seems like you are looking too far into it to me.

I think that was his point.

Certainly a lot of inspirations could have come from LOTR, but that doesnt make it bad.

I think that they are probably looking too far into it, as opposed to into you :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LoopyLauren wrote:
Jens wrote:

It's not even coincidence. There are no similarities. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:49 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Mark wrote:
Ammer wrote:
First of all the Pirate Shoyru on the avatar does not look a thing like Frodo, there are too many differences. Secondly the item 'Narsil' is not a Neopets item as I tried to search it on Neopets and Neoitems and found no results. Next the quotes which you used are simply a replacing game. You replaced the Neopet names with LOTR names. Finally, I am not sure about the blade factor for the Battle of Meridell and Lord Kass but viewing the following proof I would say there is no relation.

Maybe next time.

I'm not seeing the resemblance of the Pirate Shoyru and Frodo at all o_O

I don'T either... o_O

New Set By: Moi!
Wishie: Pirate Paint Brush : 137,790 NP/ 1.2 Millions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

LoopyLauren wrote:
Jens wrote:

you got to admit that the Tombola Guy looks like Morpheus :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmmm...the pirate shoyru, isn't doing it for me.

Saying that, Donna and Adam both like LoTR, why shouldn't they be inspired by it?

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

VirtualMetal wrote:
In maritime law, flotsam applies to wreckage or cargo left floating on the sea after a shipwreck. Jetsam applies to cargo or equipment thrown overboard from a ship in distress and either sunk or washed ashore. The common phrase flotsam and jetsam is now used loosely to describe any objects found floating or washed ashore.

Moogum wrote:
Oh yes, Flotsam and Jetsam are a chapter in the LOTR... Or the Hobbit... either way... (Yes, I know they are actual words before anyone points that out to me, I'm just saying that they are also the name of a chapter in a book).

Thanks for reading. Trust me, Donna and Adam were inspired by LoTR. If you were around from close to the beginning you would notice that more (this isn't even the first thread I've seen comparing the two).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Moogum wrote:
VirtualMetal wrote:

Moogum wrote:
Oh yes, Flotsam and Jetsam are a chapter in the LOTR... Or the Hobbit... either way... (Yes, I know they are actual words before anyone points that out to me, I'm just saying that they are also the name of a chapter in a book).

Thanks for reading. Trust me, Donna and Adam were inspired by LoTR. If you were around from close to the beginning you would notice that more (this isn't even the first thread I've seen comparing the two).

I'm not saying that there are any similarities at all, but they do like LOTR (it was in an Editorial).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jens wrote:
Moogum wrote:
Oh yes, Flotsam and Jetsam are a chapter in the LOTR...
i thought they were names that are being used a lot for fishes orrrrr something like that?

The eels in The Little Mermaid. :)

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Jens wrote:
Moogum wrote:
Oh yes, Flotsam and Jetsam are a chapter in the LOTR...
i thought they were names that are being used a lot for fishes orrrrr something like that?

Flotsam and Jetsam IIRC are also the name of Ursula's eels in Disney's The Little Mermaid...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ammer wrote:
First of all the Pirate Shoyru on the avatar does not look a thing like Frodo, there are too many differences. Secondly the item 'Narsil' is not a Neopets item as I tried to search it on Neopets and Neoitems and found no results. Next the quotes which you used are simply a replacing game. You replaced the Neopet names with LOTR names. Finally, I am not sure about the blade factor for the Battle of Meridell and Lord Kass but viewing the following proof I would say there is no relation.

Maybe next time.

It's a joke, Ammer. XD Don't take it so personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, maybe we should ask who at TNT has a thing for Frank Herbert? Pet - Usul, the name the fremen gave Paul Atreides - Usul

Books: Dune, on Neo, Nune

Though I've yet to see a sandworm on the site, unless the Snowager was once upon a time a sandworm and somehow mutated into the Snowager? :P Maybe a poison dart is the Neo equivalent of a hunter-seeker?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:30 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

When Morris and Borris jumped up on Kass, I was immediately reminded of Merry and Pippin with the cave troll (which, by the way, is a monster in the first Neoquest). XD

My pets names are Elvish, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the names on the site were, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OmniIcyshelf wrote:
Ammer wrote:
Next the quotes which you used are simply a replacing game. You replaced the Neopet names with LOTR names.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. This is simply to point out how similar the plotlines are in certain manners. This isn't accusing the Neopets Team of plagiarism or the inability to come up with original ideas.

There are many plot lines where someone good turns evil or someone evil turns good. If that's a similarity between LOTR and Neopets for you, than I guess you could say the same for Neopets and Digimon, Sailor Moon or any other super hero themed show.

Set by Medli

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next