Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Void Within Discussion [Split 1]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Eesh, Blue. I'm sorry I've been sending them to you. I was trying to find the stats that suggested it should be a net positive, but of course now I can't.

Do you want me to stop sending them?

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Don't worry about it. It was my choice to use them :D It has been a fun experiment, and I might try a few more of them. How does that go? Throwing good money after bad? For full disclosure, I spent ~250k on 2 bubbling fungus because the odds were supposedly better. Wound up even on stats. Complete waste of NP.

I think I can still lose 13 more strength before losing the boost?

Maybe we can do Order this week on the Obelisk Battles? I could the refreshed quest boon!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue, that's reallllly rotten luck with those. Bubbling Fungus is supposed to be better, for sure, but...eh. The next hospital prize pool should have some positive-only strength boosters, so you might be better off waiting for those?

Daily Tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) New dialogue has popped up! After you read it, it will show up as Chapter 3 Page 6
Queen Fyora: I summoned Luxinia before this recent predicament came to pass because I felt her powers could be of great assistance to us.
Queen Amira: No offence Queen Fyora, but how is a Light Faerie supposed to help us here?
Queen Fyora: Luxinia possesses a unique power beyond that of just light. You see, she can intertwine herself with emotional waves and not only feel but experience their thoughts and memories.
King Jazan: How can that be?
Queen Fyora: I admit I was surprised as well when she told me of her odd experiences in the past, but there have been instances of faeries developing their own personal powers outside of their element.
Queen Fyora: Apologies Luxinia, you know your abilities better than I do, why don't you explain them?
Luxinia: Oh, of course, my Queen. You see, similar to controlling light waves, I can interact with the emotional waves of not only individuals but objects as well if they have been in contact with that of a strong emotion…
Queen Fyora: With the state the world is in at the moment, I felt her unique gift would be a considerable asset in investigating any situations such as the ones we have found ourselves in now.
Queen Fyora: Additionally, I can confirm that these two newcomers are the ones whom I saw within Orion’s visions back during the Month of Celebrating. The ones I informed you about when we first assembled this council.
Queen Fyora: I do not expect this information to sway you towards trusting them. In fact, it may do the very opposite, that is why I call for Luxinia’s power to be used upon them and let her findings determine our next steps. What do you say?
(...): Collective murmurs of agreement
King Skarl: I still don’t like them being in here, but I can see you have convinced the rest of the council for the time being. So very well, let us proceed with your plan.
3) Collect 10 void essences (Faerie City, Kiko Lake, Roo Island) - Don't forget to collect your bonus prize if you haven't missed a day!
4) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #4)
5) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
6) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
7) Altador Cup (Unless you're HW like BLP, then take a break today)
8 ) Complete the Orion Side Quest Part 2 over at the Altador Cup. O.o

I got a Magical Golden Nerkmid for my bonus void essence item.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles! I got a fancy glass tea set... A toy worth 1k. Could be worse. But could also be a lot better!

Blue, I'll keep sending any more I get, but hopefully we'll unlock the next prize pool soon (and get lots of the strength item).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Ooh. A Rod of Supernoava!

Err. I mean a Red Neocola Token. Much better than colored pencils ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:50 pm NST

Daily Tasks:

1) Finish hospital volunteering and click to start new one x2 (can be done every six hours).
2) Chapter 3 Page 7 is up! You know the drill...get yourself a nice item.
Image Luxinias Powers: Nephrites Personal Studies
3) Collect 10 void essences (Moltara Caves, Happy Valley, Warf Wharf) - Don't forget to collect your bonus prize if you haven't yet!
4) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #4)
7) Altador Cup (Unless you're MI)

Three days in a row with updates. Wow.

ETA:
2) Chapter 3 Page 8 is up! You know the drill...get yourself a wearable.
Image Virtupets Delivery Ship Foreground
3) Collect 10 void essences (Maraqua, Neopian Marketplace, Virtupets Space Station)
7) Altador Cup (Unless you're Darigan)
8 ) Tarla is in. Remaining windows: 1:28 PM NST 9:32 PM - Ultra Icy Negg (R88, 6 negg points) (https://tinyurl.com/NeopetsTarlaTimes -- thanks Bean and Edd!)

And now we're at 4 days in a row with updates!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I noticed for the last 2 days in a row the plot points given when battling are 5 less than before. 3 rounds of 50, then the 4th round is only 45... It was 4 rounds of 50 each :/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:11 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles!

Blue, JN had a note about that. Apparently it says the wrong amount in the dialogue, but it actually does give you the right amount of points if you check your rewards page.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting. TBH, I rarely look at my points page.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 12:08 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daily Tasks:

2) Chapter 3 Page 9 is up! Once again, we get another book.
Image What to do in the Case of an Emergency
3) Collect 10 void essences (Faerie City, Neopia Central, Shenkuu)
7) Altador Cup (Unless you're Moltara)

Sorry I've been so late in the day for these. Tomorrow won't be much better. We're breezing through Chapter 3 so far. I wonder how many more pages there will be? 5 days in a row with updates, though...eesh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2024 2:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Pickles!

Daily Tasks 8/11:

2) Chapter 3 Page 10 is up!
Image Nyxs Snowglobe (weird name, but it's animated and pretty cool)
3) Collect 10 void essences (Darigan Citadel, Geraptiku, Tyrannia)
4) (Optional) Obelisk Battledome challengers - TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SECURE A BOON IF YOUR FACTION WINS! (if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, swap with step #5)
7) Altador Cup -- It's a bye day, but make sure you selected a team and star player for round 2 of the staff tournament!
8) Tarla is in today! Remaining times: 2:10pm, 7:30pm; main Lime Swirly Negg (R84, 3 negg points) (https://tinyurl.com/NeopetsTarlaTimes -- thanks Bean and Edd!) (drops are occurring as of the time of this edit; main was 7:16am)

Warning: I finished both hospital shifts this morning at 6:20 and started new ones. (I always visually confirm that they're both on shifts before leaving the page, and after this, I also did training and scratchcard kiosk, so I'm 100% sure I finished this -- I remember putting both on a second shift and visually confirming).

I happened to accidentally click on the hospital page at 7:30 and decided to confirm they were both on their shifts (because I have anxiety, though not full blown OCD). But my second pet was not on a shift! I resubmitted her shift, but of course now they're out of sync.

I've had other issues where I've had to reclick through the dialogue tree before the shift showed up, but it's never shown up and then poofed before. I don't know if it's from server issues, if it was just a one time fluke, or what, but I'm quite annoyed because the midnight/6am shift was perfect for me, and I'll eventually lose a shift at some point now (as the 1:30 shift gets later and later, I'll eventually sleep through it).

I recommend refreshing the page after you submit your shifts and confirming that your pets are still signed into a shift.

I'd be less annoyed if both had failed to sign up, honestly. I should just go ahead and resync them, but I'm stubborn like that...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daily Tasks:

2) Chapter 3 Page 11 is up! Another nice background today.
Image Blackhole Background
3) Collect 10 void essences (Haunted Woods, Deserted Fairgrounds, Neopian Plaza)
7) Altador Cup (Unless you're Meridell)

These daily chapter updates have been...interesting.

I will try to update the main links threads later today. This weekend was a mess, and I've ended up with a minor cold, so I feel...fuzzy. Bleh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting event in the battledome yesterday. I have admittedly become lazy battling the voidlings by not bothering to use the faerie ability to prevent their attack (it's 2 less clicks per battle), then on the last wave use the LEV and Lens Flare... When I started this, I thought, "I hope they don't have some sort of weapon that can cause a void disease like Juni...' One my rote battles (Lev2) abruptly ended after the 2nd voidling (wave 2) and I received NP and 50 plot points. But, I still had 3 rounds to go to max out plot points... Turns out my battle pet was too sick to battle. Uh oh. Fortunately, it was Watery Eyes and I had the cure in my SDB. But, lesson learned.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2024 1:08 pm NST
Blue wrote:
Interesting event in the battledome yesterday. I have admittedly become lazy battling the voidlings by not bothering to use the faerie ability to prevent their attack (it's 2 less clicks per battle), then on the last wave use the LEV and Lens Flare... When I started this, I thought, "I hope they don't have some sort of weapon that can cause a void disease like Juni...' One my rote battles (Lev2) abruptly ended after the 2nd voidling (wave 2) and I received NP and 50 plot points. But, I still had 3 rounds to go to max out plot points... Turns out my battle pet was too sick to battle. Uh oh. Fortunately, it was Watery Eyes and I had the cure in my SDB. But, lesson learned.
Apparently, when the void opponents use the Void Blade, there is a small chance of getting Watery Eyes. Definitely make sure to Lens Flare every time to avoid this.

ETA:
Daily Tasks:

2) Collect 10 void essences (Sakhmet, Moltara Caves, Kiko Lake)
3) (Optional) Regular Battledome challengers - if you want any of their drops; if you'd prefer plot drops, skip to step #5)
4) Battle in BV wave I and/or II
5) Daily quests and Trudy and regular dailies
6) Altador Cup (Unless you're Brightvale, then take a break today)
7) Complete the Orion Side Quest Part 3 over at the Altador Cup.

No new plot page today for a change.

TNT did actually do what I was worried they would, and released the previously found Plot Points Fortune Cookie. If it wasn't giving people more points towards their trophy for Void Essences, I wouldn't be too upset about it, but...it is. I hope this was just an oversight and will be fixed. Otherwise, it's just a way of getting your max points for the day faster, and getting some extra points for the prize shop (which is still distasteful, in my opinion). Definitely will not be spending any NC on this thing.
There is another cookie that has been found. We'll see if/when it gets released.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I saw the Plot Points Cookie in the NC Mall, but the description sounded odd:

NC Mall Item Description wrote:
Plot Points Fortune Cookie

The plot thickens! When opened, this cookie will grant you 2X (3X if you are really lucky) Plot Points for a week! Please note that you will still have to do the activities to the get the plot points and you will not get more points than the cap for those activities. This cookie can only be used on main accounts. Please read the full FAQs before Purchase.

Price: 250NC
Uses: 1

This is really unclear to me. Do you get 2X the daily max points, or do you reach the daily max points 2X as fast? i.e. Instead of 200 points for battling, you get 400? Or you just need to battle half as much (e.g., 2 rounds on level 2) to get to 200 points faster?

ETA: The PP Cookies seem to be selling well. In the time it took me to write this post, they sold ~24 of them. That is good for Neopets perhaps (and for us - It's ~$60 real money into TNT's bank account for this one item in a few minutes. Will go towards paying the staff, servers, internet, etc. to keep Neopets alive and solvent)

ETA2: In the time to add my ETA, 50 more were sold.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next