Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Void Within
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Aww. I went to the Hall of Heroes. Maybe it will unlock Monday or Tuesday.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
Aww. I went to the Hall of Heroes. Maybe it will unlock Monday or Tuesday.
Same. Nothing of interest just yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This is in the news page today:
22nd June News Page wrote:
Hello Neopians! We’ve seen some confusion over the cadence of plot content releases, so we wanted to highlight a few details to help clear things up:

Since many Neopians have grown up and assumed full time jobs and responsibilities, the plot has been designed in a way where content rolls out slowly but steadily. Although there are periods of time where new content will appear every day, many chapters alternate release days with off days. Each chapter also has a catch up day built in on the last day of each chapter so that everyone has a chance to get all caught up on content before the next chapter releases.

This relaxed release schedule allows everyone to follow along with the story in real time as content releases, but it also gives more casual players a chance to enjoy the story at their own pace. If you only have Sunday as a free day to play, then you can use that day to catch up on the chapter storyline and any content that may have been released that week without losing out on prizes. It’s only after each chapter concludes at the end of each three week period that you will miss out on any exclusive rewards.

Please keep in mind that this plot is a marathon, not a sprint. There is A LOT of story that will be unfolding over the course of the year, and although we would love you to follow along with us as it is released, we also don’t want anyone to stress over this event. It should be a fun activity that you can enjoy at your own pace, not a stressor causing you to skip out on sleep or develop anxiety about missing prizes while you are on vacation.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for joining us on this journey into the unknown. Hope to see you on the other side of the abyss!

~~The Neopets Team
Since they re-iterated this from the FAQ, I guess they're being clear that they are serious about making sure that everyone can participate to their fullest without worrying about "day of" stuff. Good to know.

We probably won't see anything new until Monday, unless they have automatic releases over the weekend. I guess we'll see?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:33 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Does the "assemble in the Hall of Heroes" do anything different if you've finished the Altador plot? Because I haven't yet gotten around to that on my new account and nothing happens for me if I go there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chivewarrior wrote:
Does the "assemble in the Hall of Heroes" do anything different if you've finished the Altador plot? Because I haven't yet gotten around to that on my new account and nothing happens for me if I go there.
To be honest, I don't think anyone knows for sure if it's needed, but there's nothing different today at the Hall of Heroes for me. I know there's been a flurry of people trying to blaze through the Altador plot today. If you choose to do so, use the mad plumbing wizard if you run into trouble with the water plant (it still make take some time). If you do complete it, you will get the nifty trophy and a new daily, at least?

All that being said, I think the hub page background is supposed to represent the Council Chamber as they are pretty much the same (just with different furniture). I would be surprised it it was a requirement to have finished the Altador plot before being able to participate more in this one.

ETA: Realized I'd misread the question - things are no different for me having finished the Altador plot already. The page is the same as it always is.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Last edited by Pickles on Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Based on the tone of this plot, I would be really surprised if completing the Altador Plot is a requirement for this plot, especially considering it was... 18 years ago!

A few of the people joining in on the fun of this plot were not even born yet... For some of us, it was like yesterday. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I also doubt they'd require it... But I did it again on my side after my main was frozen in one of the AC freezing debacles, and the whole thing only took me maybe an hour or two with a guide, having done it nearly a decade once before. And of course that can be broken into as many chunks as you'd like. The star finder really helps.

Edit: Another new page today, of the meeting. There's a pretty prize to be collected along with 11 prize points. (Sad it's not a NH item.) My act 1 bar shows 16.67% complete (1/6).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Same for me - 1/6 progress, along with a total of 14 prize points.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

And the "Complete all there is to do before the first week ends" is marked complete.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

So it is. Thanks Chivewarrior!
I have the Neopets site in desktop mode on my phone, and that wasn't visible. Switched to mobile, and there it was. Nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I know I'm late to the game (I didn't check this morning in the like, 5 minutes I had because I honestly wasn't expecting anything over the weekend), but making a post with all the details anyways. For posterity. :P (P.S. Other people are welcome to make these, too, if they beat me to it. I can link them to the first post either way!)

Chapter 1 Part 4

The fourth page to the first chapter is up.
Click on the "Collect Prize." This will ONLY show up after you have moused over/clicked on every single panel of the fourth page of the comic.
Your dedication is admirable. Here is a gift for your efforts!
Ships on the Altador Coast Painting
This item has been added to your inventory.
I'm guessing that viewing the chapter pages gives 1 point whereas completing that first task gave 10. I hope that the "Gather 50 Void Essences" one gives more than 10! Either that, or we get points for each Essence we collect? Who knows. Maybe we'll find out later this week?

1/6 progress for only a week, though, makes me wonder how long this first third is going to be. I was guessing they'd split the 10ish months into sets of 3-4 months, but...it could only be 6 weeks long?

The look on Darigan's face in that panel with King Roo.... :lol: But really, I'm excited to see King Roo actually be involved in this! And the Defenders of Neopia. And who knows who else.

ETA:
I actually got a minor win on Grumpy King today. The win wording has been changed a little as well:
Quote:
*heh* Guess that wasn’t too bad a joke. I’d probably give it a 707 out of 1000 if I wasn’t feeling so gloomy.
Guess you could take some scraps from my kitchen. I was finished with them anyway
I wonder what he says if you actually make him laugh? Can you actually make him laugh while he's grey? I hope so, because they finally fixed the code so that it can award the elusive charm...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I figure there will be breaks between acts to give them time to write/program the next bit, to make sure it'll actually run on time and hopefully work when it goes live.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, for all that they said that there would be plenty of time to get things done, it appears that the "From the Very Beginning" Fearless Deed was literally a week from when the plot started, and stopped being possible to get around 10am NST today. This confirms that it was worth 10 points, as the people who didn't get it only got 1 point for reading the chapter.

There are some rather horrific theories as to why going around everywhere else based on some NC item images/names that were found. I am reserving judgement on TNT until we see if they're actually stupid/greedy enough to implement them and destroy a lot of goodwill within the community in the process. I know the ambassadors have already relayed opinions to the staff, so we'll see what happens.

One of the FAQ's that was deleted the first day implied that the Void Essence collecting will start on the 27th. I'm guessing we'll get another update tomorrow, and then on Thursday when the collecting starts.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, it seems to be similar to what happened to me with the faerie festival, where the lag pushed me past midnight on the last day trying to rush to get everything done.

They did say you'd only have until the end of the next day after the last step comes out in a stage. Which means you really do need to check in at least every other day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Chapter 1 Part 5

The fifth page to the first chapter is up.
Click on the "Collect Prize." This will ONLY show up after you have moused over/clicked on every single panel of the fourth page of the comic.
Your dedication is admirable. Here is a gift for your efforts!
Council of Leaders Stamp
This item has been added to your inventory.
Another prize point...now up to 15.
Why the stamp goes in Other V when Other IV still has 4 empty spots...who knows?

True, on needing to check in every other day at least, although for those who checked Saturday and then didn't check until Monday after 10am NST, that still wouldn't have helped. They also specified that chapter rewards would be possible to get until the chapter was finished, which they specified was 3 weeks. Yes, the actual special prizes are still obtainable, but the Fearless Deed is not. We've never had a plot update on a Sunday (or a weekend at all, for that matter), so it kinda came out of nowhere, and it was less than half the day NST before it deactivated on Monday. Granted, the fact that description of it was specifically a week, and it wasn't awarded after the Friday update should have put everyone on guard to check over the weekend...it just still feels kinda meh. I know, 10 points isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things, but I feel like some warning that updates WOULD be possibly happening on weekends would've been nice for those who assumed there wouldn't be any based on the last, oh, 25 years, and thus didn't check. If anything, I'm a little salty for those who didn't, and I'm probably more salty for them because of the potential NC item that was found.
All that being said, I'm glad that we all managed to get it, and I'll certainly be on the alert for more weekend updates.

Even more people I wasn't expecting to see showed up in the comic today, though! Some of the 12 Altador protectors - Florin, Fauna, Torakor, Marak, and Jerdana (which should be expected, I suppose, since they're meeting in Altador)...and Dr Landelbrot, eesh it's been a while since we've seen him! Orion was kinda a given, too.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next