Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Game Mods/Downloads
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Does anyone else download/make mods for games?

If so, for what games, and what do you download?

I can't really make mods or maps or anything like that, but i do download them alot, I think it breathes life into old games, and keeps you playing them for longer.

I have downloaded a ton of stuff for UT2003, lots of maps, modes and models.

Does anyone here make mods?

And, has anyone here played one o the "Timesplitters" games? I really want the 3rd one, the map-making part sounds sooo cool.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: Location, Location, Is that all you guys care about?
Yeah, I love screwing around with the mapmakers in TS: 2. Once, I made a long hallway and two spawn points, with only the richochet laser guns. It was awesome.

Image I Feel Asleep!

Anyone who understood the "The Matrix Trilogy" is a nihilist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

back in the day i downloaded mods for quake,lol this one time i went to this server and for the heck of it i tried to run the monster mod where you can transform into quake monsters depending on what you type in and i ran around after people as a fiend it was funny :roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I can't say that I have downloaded many mods for games, I have tried a few. I normally only download the latest patches for games. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:48 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I found a really good file edit for Battle for Middle Earth. I was really annoyed at the amount of unit's for the game after they promised thousands. Doesn't matter just played helms deep with climaxing with Eomer and Gandalf riding down with 2000 riders of Rohan, lovely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Some games are so glitchy that people have had to create mods to run them, others are so easy to mod that people double the game size (Pirates of the carribean falls under both).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pyro Parrot wrote:
I found a really good file edit for Battle for Middle Earth. I was really annoyed at the amount of unit's for the game after they promised thousands. Doesn't matter just played helms deep with climaxing with Eomer and Gandalf riding down with 2000 riders of Rohan, lovely.

:o
i SO want to try taking helms deep with that kind of reinforcements.
i massacred the rohhirim, was a complete walkover.
lets just not mention how easy taking minas tirith was with 60 Trolls.
(walked righ in with my starting forces, its amazing how effective the nazgul are when used properly)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:57 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Setekh wrote:
Pyro Parrot wrote:

(walked righ in with my starting forces, its amazing how effective the nazgul are when used properly)

Problem is with that mod, even though it allows 4500 command points for the evil forces they dont use them, so I'm there with a couple thousand of the riders and they have nothing to fight. I'm sure as hell not going to the Black gate unless they can put up a fight. If I can find the mod do you want it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Two games, absolute classics, revived by mods: Starcraft and Unreal Tournament

I've got about 5 mods for each of them, and I'm obsessed with them.

Oh and, I'm talking about the original UT here. Ahh, classics :)

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pyro Parrot wrote:
Setekh wrote:
Pyro Parrot wrote:

Problem is with that mod, even though it allows 4500 command points for the evil forces they dont use them, so I'm there with a couple thousand of the riders and they have nothing to fight. I'm sure as hell not going to the Black gate unless they can put up a fight. If I can find the mod do you want it?

i would love it!
i personally managed to crush all opposition at the black gates with my base forces.
marched right up and blocked the reinforcements as they came on, was a total massacre (all my heroes except Eowyn got killed atleast twice -that girls got some fighting prowess :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]