Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Guild Wars
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It looks like an awesome game, I thought about buying WoW, but I looked at this game, and not only is it cool, it also doesn't cost anything a month! No suscription fees!!! After six months you may purchase a non-mandatory expansion pack though. I really wish I could play the beta of it, but, does anyone else wanna play it? Did anyone here play the beta?

Oh, and the website:
http://www.guildwars.com/

:P

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:11 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I have a few friends who have played beta, but since I'm not much of an online gamer, I didn't really completely catch on to what they were talknig about. The cost per month is also on eof the things keeping me from getting WoW. The only problem with Guild Wars is that the system requirements are greater (I believe that's what I was told), and I seriously doubt that my computer holds enough memory to run it. :\ I still want to try it though.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:17 pm 

I got this game as a beta at an all-night trip to the local LanGaming place. Quite fun to tell the truth, hard I thought but fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh, cool. Looks like there are a bunch of people awaiting this game. :) I'll just copy and paste the post I posted over on the IDB forums.

----

A site I often visit, diabloii.net, is part of a large forum, rpgforums.net, that has a special section for GuildWars so I tend to hear and see a lot from people there.

It actually looks pretty good. I'm glad it's like Diablo II in the respect that there's no monthly fee but instead free online gameplay.

------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm waiting for this game to officially come out. That will be in around late March early April.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*Whines* That's gonna take FOREVER!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, I really want to play the beta, but I don't have a key. Can anyone else give me a beta key or a friend key? Thanks.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:37 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I played in the March Beta Weekend Event. It's a very very fun game. It takes a lot of skill and organization to complete some missions. In the beta though, I ran into some undeveloped quests that haven't been fully implemented yet. Some quests are bugged too. But other than that, the gameplay is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Soujiro wrote:
I played in the March Beta Weekend Event. It's a very very fun game. It takes a lot of skill and organization to complete some missions. In the beta though, I ran into some undeveloped quests that haven't been fully implemented yet. Some quests are bugged too. But other than that, the gameplay is great.

Do you have a key or anything I can use, so I can play?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:44 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I played it on that one day beta day that was going on the same day as the E3 Expo, I think that was last year's E3. So we could play with people at the E3 Expo and they could play with us.

It's a pretty cool game, I think, I'll probably consider buying it. Either that though or WoW. Even though WoW has a monthly fee, I tried a tral for this game and I found it better then Guild Wars, and better then any other MMORPG I've ever played. It was awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:10 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't have any keys. I used mine and gave my friend key to a friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Soujiro wrote:
I don't have any keys. I used mine and gave my friend key to a friend.

It's okay. I have one now, woot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Awesome. \(ˆ-ˆ)/ You'll be sure to enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:30 pm 

Well now I have to ask you who have tried it. Is it really true that the max level is 20 :o
Because if it's really really really hard to get at level 20, and you only get a skill point per level I'll cry :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:54 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Yes, the max level is 20, but that's not bad.

You get skill points as rewards from quests as well as experience points. There's a Skill Trainer NPC who sells skills according to your job and subjob. Skills get more expensive for each time you buy a skill.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next