Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Final Fantasy X-2 Help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I need heeeeelp. Okay then.

I decided to get the last two Crimson Spheres so I could open the Den of Woe (though shortly realized later my brother had missed one of them back in chapter 2 so I can't get in anyway...) La de da de da.

I went to Bevelle. Via Infinito wasn't hard up to level 20 or so. Except for those lovely red drakes that occasionally blocked my path and killed me. Which is rather annoying seeing as I was able to beat Vegnagun, etc...But not a stupid drake.

So anyone have any suggestions on how to beat the drake, as well as Jyscal(?) on level 40? And just because I'm curious, what other unsent characters are in the other levels of Via Infinito?

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
If I remember right, the drakes do not have to be fought (because I got killed by them every time I fought them). It's been a while since I've played (like January or February), so my memory's a little hazy, but isn't there a thing to climb onto before and after the drake? If I remember right, there should be a platform above the drake that may have to be activated. There is some way to avoid them though. That's really all I can remember, hope that helps. Some of the bosses are killers though... maybe I should try fighting the boss at the top again... and if you get to the top, good luck on the boss. ^-^

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

What the heck is Jyscal doing there? Crap...huhn...my advice.
A) Get everyone ready to go to overdrive dresspherese. Be sure to change to the one grid with 2 slots.

B) Beserk proof. On your white mage
C)Shell and Protect
D) Pray (you, not your mage.)

If all else fails, try getting a level higher.

Where's Runevalkyrie when you need her? I hope she sees this.

Himura the Battousai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

You might also want to try looking on http://www.gamefaqs.com

They usually have tons of walkthroughs for big name games like Final Fantasy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:18 am 

Yeah, you don't have to fight the drakes, just run quickly by them...that's what I've done. I haven't gotten to Jyscal yet though...I didn't know he was on level 40! All I know about Bevelle at that point is that Trema is in Cloister <i>Infinity</i>...which is nice. He counts for completion points....according to my game guide. Hm... o_O

<b>Username:</b> lilbagel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
Trema is a nightmare without the correct items... I'm not going into much detail because of spoilers, but on my file, everyone is on level 99 and I still go down in a very short amount of time. I even started over with cloister 1 because of the trouble... .

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:41 am 

Kugetsu wrote:
Trema is a nightmare without the correct items... I'm not going into much detail because of spoilers, but on my file, everyone is on level 99 and I still go down in a very short amount of time. I even started over with cloister 1 because of the trouble... .

Eh.. :( that doesn't sound fun....my characters are only in the 60s for levels at the moment....that sucks for the whole completion point thing. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kugetsu wrote:

Trema? HAH. I can't even beat Jyscal. I'm thinking it's mainly because the levels my characters are at are far too low though....And as for Trema being a nightmare without the correct items Kugetsu....What items are useful?

And I have yet to find said platform that one uses to get by the drake. Melissa, you can't always run by them. Sometimes they sit on this lovely little platform and block your path.....Gah.

Oh well. Guess it's time to do some leveling up.

...But all I wanna know is why a stupid drake is so much harder than defeating Vegnagun. Vegnagun was so easy...it was stupid.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well as for defeating Trema...

*Spoilers ahead for outsiders*
You have to fight TWO enemies in a row, Trema and another before him

As for which items to use, you will get an item from some insanely difficult enemy, probably Jyscal, called Cat Nip. This item will let your chracter automatically deal 9999 damage per hit when they are in ciritcal life. When you hear this I bet the first thing that pops into your mind is "Trigger Happy"! Exactly, equip it to a Gunner and use Trigger Happy on those hard to kill enemies. As for Trema, they say use Chocobo Wing and the items to cast protect on your party (I put Speed Bracers on two people), but I get killed when I even spare time to do something like that.

Trema's attacks are very powerful and he can attack about every 3 or 4 seconds... yes fun fun.... You will probably need 2 Dark Knights for htis also. When you get Trema down to about halfway, he will use Meteor, which does about 5000 to each character, sadly, this is as far as I've ever gotten... I stashed the game for about 4 months after losing to him enough times, brought it back out and still can't beat him...

As for the drakes, I went through the whole thing without fighting a Drake. I think there is a switch on a path to the left when they are on platforms like that... if I rememebr right (I did this in December/January)

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:21 am 

Seriously...if Trema is really that hard to beat then how is it phyisically possible to get 100% completion in the game? I want to see the "Perfect Ending"!! :x

I have the official game strategy guide...and I swear when I finish, even if I give up on beating Trema, I'll probably only be at 98.9% completion... :roll: *sigh* :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've had to replay the game so many times for the freaking Mascot dressphere because I always forget a single thing. Eventually, I got back and try to get that again. I'm sure there's some really easy way to defeat Trema in the FAQs at Gamefaqs.com, but they really didn't help me all that much. :(

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:09 am 

Hmm...I checked out Gamefaqs.com and found this guide that seems to have some good suggestions on fighting in Via Infinito altogether including Trema...I might see if I can get episode completes so I can get the Mascot dressphere before I try to fight the guy...maybe that might help a little more. But I can just see myself having to start a new game when I'm finished with this one. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hmm... I just tried again, I had a LOT more luck. I got him down past 15% life. That's when he used Ultima and wiped me out.

Whenever I actually beat him, I'll post what I did.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Melissa wrote:
Seriously...if Trema is really that hard to beat then how is it phyisically possible to get 100% completion in the game? I want to see the "Perfect Ending"!! :x

I have the official game strategy guide...and I swear when I finish, even if I give up on beating Trema, I'll probably only be at 98.9% completion... :roll: *sigh* :(

Most people have said the perfect ending wasn't worth it. It isn't even an FMV.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Suppose I should post ~~~SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!~~~ on this just to be safe...

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Okay, I beat Trema (quite easily actally, but just barely). Since I didn't have any of the main things that the FAQs suggested (Rabite's Foot, Key to Success, and Higher Power), I'm going to post what I did with the little that I had. There are very many ways to do it, but here's how I did it:

You should have:
x1 Catnip
x1 Speed Bracer
x2 Shining Bracer
x2 Mythril Bangle
x1 Wring
x1 Bloodlust
At least 10 Mega Phoenixes
At least 3-5 Mega Elixirs
A Hefty stash of Mega Potions
At least 5 Mana Spring (or Soul Springs if you have them)
At least 10 X Potions
At least 1 Stamina Tonic
Dark Knight Dressphere
Ray of Hope Garment Grid (probably not required, but its what I used)
All characters level 90+ (preferably 2 characters about level 98 or 99)

I had my characters and dresspheres like so

Name - Level - Dressphere - Items Equipped

Yuna - Lvl 89 - Gunner - Catnip and Speed Bracer
Rikku - Lvl 98 - Dark Knight - Shining Bracer and Mythril Bangle
Paine - Lvl 99 - Dark Knight - Shining Bracer and Mythril Bangle

Ok, you want to equip your characters like so (If you have the items) and put your items where you can access them easily, then save your game. now equip your Gunner with Wring and Bloodlust, this should put her life down to about 550. Then reequip the Catnip and Speed Bracer. Your gunner should no be in the critical state (this is good of course)

Now enter the fight. This may take a few times (mainly because the first boss likes to attack the gunner) but as soon as the battle starts, use Trigger Happy (you'll have to bash the heck out of the button to get it perfectly) and attack with the other two. If you're lucky, he will be dead before he even gets to attack. If you DO get attacked, hopefully it is one of the Dark Knights and not your Gunner (it would be wise to start over if your Gunner dies, it makes it a whole lot easier. That should be the end of the first boss (pretty easy eh?)

Then there's a cutscene and now its time to fight Trema!

Since at this point, your Gunner should still be alive and only one of your Dark Knights may have about 4000 hp. Heal that as soon as the battle starts. Make sure you DON'T attack him just yet. Then very quickly, use your Stamina Tablet and then bombard him with the Mana (or Soul) Springs. This should keep him from using most of his magic (he'll probably still use Demi, which shouldn't hurt TOO much) He's also got some mean physical attacks (which the Shining Bracers should greatly help protect against) But if he attacks you gunner with anything but Demi, she's dead.

Now you may blast the heck out of Trema. But using your Dark Knights, make sure that they heal themselves (not the gunner) and keep above the 7000 HP mark, just to be safe. Although you'd think Trema wouldn't be able to use any magic, hes got a little extra up his sleeves. Once Trema gets down to a certain amount of life, he'll conjure up some powerful spells. When does he do this? Well...

Spell - Percent of life left - Effect
Meteor - 50% left - Physical attack on everyone (multiple hits)
Meteor - 25% left - Same as above
Ultima - 15% left - Deal 9999 damage to party

(Since I didn't have any of the preferred items, Ultima killed my party automatically when he used it, but if you have Higher Power (I think it's a Garment Grid), it has HP Limit Break so that you won't be killed as long as someone in your party has at least 10000 life.)

You may have noticed (if you've been killed by Ultima yet) that there's a small charge time before Ultima (that his other attacks don't really have), take advantage of this and attack with ever single person in your party, although another Trigger Happy should probably do it.

There is a cutscene once you defeat Trema and you also gain the Dark Matter and Supreme Gem. They are nice to have, but since you've beaten Trema, they don't really come in handy since you can kill ANYTHING in the game now. The most important item that you get and the reason I beat Trema is the...

Iron Duke!

I'm not sure the EXACT stat boost it gives you, but it gives about 100 boost in every stat andputs your HP and MP by 100%. This basically means that if you equip this even to a gunner, you will do 9999 almost every time you hit. Probably the most useful item in the game (well sicne its the most difficult to get...)

---

That's the longest thing I've probably ever posted, but if anyone is having trouble beating Trema and doesn't have the Rabites Foot/Key to Success or Higher Power, and you happen to have th items I listed, you can get past Trema easily. As I pointed out before, there are really many ways (and more efficient ways) to do this, and it depends on what you have lying around in your item box.

Time for bed! ^-^

~ Kugetsu

CLICK IT!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next