Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Mark wrote:
Ok, I'm level 48, and I just got out of the Happy Fun Non-Haunted House.

Should I try and go beat the Faeries now? (Note: I'm in Evil level if that makes any difference..)

I am on evil too, and I took on the faeires at level 51. It was beyond easy, so either I picked my skills better this time, or 51 is too high. In either case, I would go ahead and go fight the faeries now if I was you. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:49 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Deevil wrote:
Mark wrote:
Ok, I'm level 48, and I just got out of the Happy Fun Non-Haunted House.

Should I try and go beat the Faeries now? (Note: I'm in Evil level if that makes any difference..)

I am on evil too, and I took on the faeires at level 51. It was beyond easy, so either I picked my skills better this time, or 51 is too high. In either case, I would go ahead and go fight the faeries now if I was you. :D

Thanks for the help. I beat them a little while ago at 48 and they were still pretty easy. 51 must have been a breeze :P Do you level up a lot? Because I'm in Hubrid's Fortress Level 3 and I'm still level 49. I hate just walking around leveling up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:56 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Aesir wrote:
Thanks for the help on the start of Act 3 - I curse my stupidity - I only had to walk out of the palace to find my way

Emy-chan wrote:
Just started NeoQuest 2! :D I'm so sad, I started the first but never finished...I curse my slow connection. It takes about five minutes to walk from one end of the village to the other...*curses*

*laughs* I feel your pain - I've gotten to act 3 on dialup. If I weren't so obsessed with completing this I would have given up a long long time ago :p
Emy-chan wrote:
Any starting out tips?

This is a good starter - Just be wary of following his skills advice to the letter - It's best to find what works for you :)

:D I know, as soon as we can get Broadband the better!

Should I be heading to the city now? Because thats what i'm doing. ^^

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, this is going to be an odd question but . . .

What do you do about selling things?
I have a lot of old weapons and potions siting around and it seems wierd to sell them (especialy the potions) however it's kind of cluttering up the screan. I would like to be able to see my characters health stat while batteling again.

I think my initial thoughts of saving them was "in case I die I can sell them" since you lose 1/2 your np. But seeing as how i'm on easy i don't really plan on that.

So umm what do the rest of you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:25 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I only sold the weapons/armour when I had about 5 for each of them, because I was getting sick of having to scroll down.

As for the potions, when I was in Faerieland, I sold the potions that healed 15-50 HP. They were pretty pointless, considering I had Velm and I also had potions that healed 160HP+.

So yeah...it's basically up to you whether you feel the need to sell them or not :wink:

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I ususally keep my screen on a low enough resolution that I have to scroll anyway. :-) Thank goodness for mice with scroll wheels.

I see nothing wrong with selling old potions, although I don't always practice what I preach. One thing -- it doesn't matter so much on Normal, but on Evil and Insane it's smart to keep a stock of speed, slow, and damage potions. Fighting Terask II you can blow through all 20 of the top-level ones surprisingly quickly, so it pays to have spares.

I didn't do this on Evil, and when I killed Terask I had 1 Hurricane Potion, 5 Coma Potions, and 4 Speed of Light potions left... and I started with 20 of each. I got REALLY lucky with my slow and damage potions, too, because he didn't cast his shield spell that raises his magic resistance until very late in the battle. If he'd cast it earlier I would have run out of damage and slow potions for sure, since he would have resisted a lot more of them. And once you run out of slow potions... well, that's bad.

So, this time around I'm planning on keeping 20 of each starting from at least Chapter 4 on. Keeping a good stock of healing potions for if Velm is mesmerized / dies is a good idea as well, but that still leaves a lot to sell.

One thing I'm doing this time is selling a lot of my old armor and weapons. I always kept everything on Normal and Evil in case I died and needed the gold, and my inventory was HUGE. Now that I'm on Insane I don't have to worry about dying, so I can sell away. :-) I've still been keeping a bunch, though. I guess I'm just a pack rat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:36 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I pretty much agree with everyone else, it's up to you whether or not sell any. If it's bugging you to have all the items listed, I'd say go ahead and sell some, maybe the cheaper half? I know my weapons list did get rather clustered in evil mode, it's kind of nice knowing that I can sell any extras guilt-free in InSaNe. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Does anyone have any skill set recommendations for the characters in NQII for Evil and Insane mode? Are Obliterate and Group Heal (the two I used the most in Normal mode) still good to use as the main skills or are there other skills that will make Evil and Insane mode easier? I've heard that skills don't really matter until you get to Insane but it might be nice to have an idea while I'm doing Evil and to see how I can work with them before it gets to crunch-time in Insane mode. Thankyou :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:03 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I played evil with the same set as normal, and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
I also figured out that group shielding (velm's, not mipsy's) is very nice when you want to minimize the damage done to you.

Generally, my skill lineup so far:
  • Rohane: Critical Attacks, Damage Increase, Stunning Strikes, Innates. (the idea is that the final weapons allow you to have more skills, because you do not need to max everything)
  • Mipsy: Group Direct Damage, Group Haste, Innates. (I'll probably have 10-12 skill points for mispy by level 60, so I might just get obliterate just for terask)
  • Talinia: Multiple Targets, Damage Increase, Ranged Attacks, Innates.
  • Velm: Group Heal, Group Shield, Celestial Hammer, Innates.

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:02 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ok, so I've finished fighting Silicast. I wonder what level should I be at to fight (insert boss name here)(for me, it's Gebarn II). Is there a formula or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:25 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, right now I'm on my Insane game and so far on Mipsy I've trained Direct Damge and the innates up to 11 each.

There are two schools of thought about Group Haste. One is that potions haste a LOT more than Group Haste, so you shoulc just use potions in boss battles (and not bother the rest of the time). The other is that potions waste a turn per character so you sould get and use Group Haste instead or in combination with Group Haste.

I'm in the potions school myself. though I admit I've never had a very high Group Haste to play around with. I figure, if you get double the speed with a potion, you probably make up for the turn you lost drinking it during the course of the battle.

I think I'm going for Damage Shields again this time. It's not so useful on most normal battles, pointwise, but it helps finish off annoying opponents with only a few HP left, and it should be useful against Terask II.

Of course, I'm only on Chapter 3 on Insane, so perhaps I shouldn't talk yet. :-)

I think it's true that skills become really important in Insane in the sense that it becomes really bad to do anything dumb with your skill points. But I've heard of people winning on Insane with a wide variety of "secondary" skill choices for their characters. If the various secondary skills are about equal in usefullness then it's just pesonal preference which you choose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

quicksilvery1pore wrote:
Ok, so I've finished fighting Silicast. I wonder what level should I be at to fight (insert boss name here)(for me, it's Gebarn II). Is there a formula or something?

Some people have tried to create formulas, but none of them seem to make all that sense to me. For Gebarn, I'd say 33-36.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You can never keep more than 20 haste potions of the same kind, and they're all only sold once.
Essentially, Group Haste is a monster-fight spell -- you gain a speed boost against monsters -- which you're going to be fighting 99% of the time anyway. It's a scalable solution, it's not meant for fighting bosses (it wouldn't work well against them as Petrification slows by 62%, and Rampant Acceleration gives only 38% haste)

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:05 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

This isn't really a help, but Talinia just said, "It's all about the aim, baby!" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:31 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I prefer group hase because I only have to spend one turn hasting myself instead of four using potions. In the time I spend using potions the boss usually has time to haste himself and slow me down. When I group haste I can usually stun the boss making it harder for him to hit me.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next