Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Key Quest [Split #1]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I finally got the hang of the petpetpet game - circling the bugs - but all the other games are terrible to play. The matching game only loads after the other player has already cleared 1/2 the board. My spyder just doesn't like to pick stuff up - no matter how much I click or where it is looking it doesn't want to move. Oh well.

Can anyone here play another game after completing one? If I click "play again" I get into a game but it never goes past picking my token color. The game hangs until I'm kicked out to the start screen. I hate having to reload the game after every finished match.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Matrinka wrote:
Can anyone here play another game after completing one? If I click "play again" I get into a game but it never goes past picking my token color. The game hangs until I'm kicked out to the start screen. I hate having to reload the game after every finished match.
I cannot. I've just gotten in the habit of refreshing anytime I'm starting a new game.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pickles wrote:
Matrinka wrote:
I cannot. I've just gotten in the habit of refreshing anytime I'm starting a new game.

Same here! Refresh after every game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Does anyone have a tech help page for Key Quest? I have tried playing on two different computers to no avail.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:14 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bleh. I'm still having difficulties playing. I only get into a game 1 in 10 times, the other times it just never loads. Tried playing in IE, and it was even worse - I clicked on the lobby room and the whole thing just disappeared o.O

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:34 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I just got a pb from keyquest!!! :o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Congrats! I wish I could win one...

PB prices are dropping already. Wonder what this'll do to Neopets as a whole.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:44 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I think it'll be good. I mean, yes, those who have hoarded waiting for prices to rise, or who have bought things a couple of months won't be too happy, but on the whole, I think it'll do a lot to combat the ridiculously high prices of things such as codestones and PBs. Let's face it, every time there's a war, codestone prices go up, and while they "deflate" afterward they're never as low as they were previously. I'm seeing them around 3-3.5k for the first time in YEARS.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I haven't been able to play a single game of this without lagging out, or having it kill my browser. (Firefox 3.0.1) Additionally during the course of the two games i was able to start I was only intermittently able to actually participate in the mini-games. That is I saw the other players interacting with the game but i was unable to cause the game to do anything (I don't believe this is operator error as I had been able to affect the same game in the same manner earlier). I've been booted out of the game as it was playing, as well as lagging forever at the first screen, the game choice screen, and at the stage where you need to choose a base or starting house so I can't pinpoint a particular issue.

The rewards for key-quest seem good to the point of being completely and totaly unbalanced and I'd love to play (because I am greedy). Does anyone have any specific technical advice (I didn't see any in the body of this thread but I didn't read the previous split carefully).

(<rant>I would also like to say that I bet a significant sum that most of the "people who quit when I'm winning" are just being kicked out the the game. I'd love to be able to even lose a game, and I'm sure that people have been equally uncharitable to me when I've been kicked out. </rant> )

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:51 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
The rewards for key-quest seem good to the point of being completely and totaly unbalanced and I'd love to play (because I am greedy). Does anyone have any specific technical advice (I didn't see any in the body of this thread but I didn't read the previous split carefully).

I have nothing very technical, but it is what I do for my games.

If you haven't run a spyware/adware scan for awhile, do that.

1. I clear cookie/cache/temp files first - start with a clean slate.
2. Close down programmes you do not need - even email clients (mine looks for new emails every 15 minutes and this can lag the computer).
3. When you exit a game, refresh the page.

Other than that, I do not know. Hopefully other players will have some more tips.

It seems to work well for some and not for others. I fall in the 50/50 group. I can win by heaps or lose by heaps.

Quote:
(<rant>I would also like to say that I bet a significant sum that most of the "people who quit when I'm winning" are just being kicked out the the game. I'd love to be able to even lose a game, and I'm sure that people have been equally uncharitable to me when I've been kicked out. </rant> )

I don't want to start an argument, we get them on the boards, but it is sometimes very easy to spot the people that pull out of a game.

I have 50 - 50 chance of the site slowing down for me and skipping my turn - it is obvious to the other player/s that your turn is skipped. It is also obvious to others if your computer is slower than theirs in the mini-games - I often lose by huge numbers (150 - 0 in ppp snare).

It is also very obvious that the opponents game is going smoothly without problems - no missed turns, no mini-game lag, no lagginess with their turn of the dice.

So when you get to the very last turn and you are going to win and the game suddenly ends, then you can be sure that they deliberately pulled out of the game.

I do know that if it is a long game - both of us are trading power-ups back and forth, that the game slows dramatically for me, so at any time, maybe I could lose the connection, but I have never lost it with my opponent just about to enter the Exit.

I know we cannot be 100% certain, but after all these months of playing, you get to know and see the patterns.

I also know that not all games that ended were done deliberately, but 8 out of 10 prematurely ended games where when I was going to win.

(By winning, I mean actually 1 step away from going in the door).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Has anyone else been having major problems with Key Quest the past few days?

I haven't been able to join a game at all :( I can create a game, but it seems that no one will join (or perhaps they can't).

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:14 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've had problems with Key Quest since it was opened to everyone. I cannot play the mini-games, I just get stuck at the part where it has suggestions of what to do while waiting. :( Then there's also the turn-skipping while in the middle of my token moving. Extreme lag is a must-have forced onto my end of the game, too. :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:37 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

May wrote:
Has anyone else been having major problems with Key Quest the past few days?

I haven't been able to join a game at all :( I can create a game, but it seems that no one will join (or perhaps they can't).

KQ has been down for 2 days. Some can get in (I did a few times) but the game will disconnect at random times.

At one point, there seemed to be around 700 users on - a big increase to the normal load, so I think the servers just couldn't handle the load.

EDIT:

Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:43 pm

KQ is back up.

EDIT 2:

The new and improved KQ has been unveiled, but is Premium only testing at the moment.

http://www.neopets.com/games/keyquest/edge.phtml

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daze wrote:
The new and improved KQ has been unveiled, but is Premium only testing at the moment.

http://www.neopets.com/games/keyquest/edge.phtml

New and improved? o_O

I won a secret lab map piece (#6) off a gold key the other night. That was cool.
I had to halt my training though, while it was down, cause I ran out of some types of codestones. 25 codestones later, I still haven't gotten the one I need. (yeah, I know I could go buy one, but that defeats the purpose of training only off free codestones).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:30 pm 

I keep getting booted out of game rooms.

The inability to play is completely maddening.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next