Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update on Morphing Potions debacle
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:03 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

bgryph wrote:
Stupid, stupid move on the part of TNT... if the email is legit. I'm a little suspicious, since the quoted text groups Draiks and Krawks with Poogles as "Limited Edition" species. Draiks and Krawks aren't LE. They're "Restricted," which is a rather important difference. (More LE pets are periodically released, often on that species' pet day, which is not true for Restricted pets. Similarly, you can get an LE pet from one of the Mysterious Swirly Potion, but not a Restricted pet.)

I think the way TNT went about this was ridiculous and shows how their user interaction fails as of late, but in my opinion, actually restricting the creation of "Restricted" pets makes sense. Of course TNT went about fixing the flood after they smashed the dam, but I can see their point. Maybe I'm a purist, but I like the idea of krawks and draiks solely being hatched or grown up. I wouldn't even really be against TNT restricting transmorgs for both if they released more of the petpet and eggs to even it out a bit. While the MPs (TPs as well) were/are expensive and out of many people's price ranges, they were/are still far below the average rich neopians bank account. And honestly, there was a time when they really were status pets, and unless you were one of the lucky ones to get them on the day they were released (talking about draiks) then owning one said something about your wealth/dedication/whatever to the site. Nowadays not so much. Plus, there are people who spend 30 mil + on a single weapon. If they can save up that much for one thing, others should be able to save up for a draik egg or whatever.

That being said, I would be really unhappy if they chose to restrict all Limited Edition pets the same way. If 20k+ poogles get to go on parade into peoples homes one day a year, damn straight I expect to be able to morph my pet into a cybunny any day I choose. If they are released free of charge for adoption, I should be able to take my hard earned NP and make my pet into that species.

I don't know. My opinion probably (/obviously) isn't a popular one, but I do see what they are attempting to do, and I don't necessarily disagree with it. I do however think that they are crackheads that fail at user relations and usually do more harm to the site than good. Since it was handled so badly, I do hope that this email is a fake (which it probably is) and that the editorial next week will contain the standard "Oops! Apparently we pulled that out of our butt/asked the janitor what the deal was..so jk guys!"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

oops wrote:
I think this was in the editorial in the last nt times.

We know, and we've been discussing it (hence the 'Update') - but at the time it was only regarding Draik MPs, and we wanted to know what was happening with the others.

Maybe they should change it, so that a Draik MP would work in the old way once or twice a year - on Draik Day, and Neopets' birthday? That way, they'll still get *some* use, and it's still somewhat limited.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:35 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

This makes me sort of glad none of my dream pets are LE. But I can't help feeling sorry for those who "almost had enough for that draik morphing potion" only to find that it doesn't work anymore.

All i can say is, if they really want to force the change on the morphing potions, I hope they can be bothered to change the name to something like say '"colour change potion"? to show the different nature. I can just foresee lots of newer buying LE pet morphing potions and screaming when it doesn't work, or getting scammed. TNT seems to have a problem with proper implementation these days. (What happened to the Pound?)

I love neopets and all, but it would be nice to see a bit more thought and planning go into whatever changes they intend to implement. It would make unpleasant changes a lot easier to swallow when it least goes up without glitches or leading to lots of scams.

Warped Logic:

If truth if knowledge, knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are the liars in the world really the good guys?

Post subject: Different languages
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:50 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I have heard a rumor, and it is just that - a rumor - that you can still use a draik potion to morph your pet if you have your language set to something else besides english.

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Post subject: Re: Different languages
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:21 am 

UsernameTwo wrote:
I have heard a rumor, and it is just that - a rumor - that you can still use a draik potion to morph your pet if you have your language set to something else besides english.

Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Heard a rumor just like that (the language was Portuguese btw). But it's just a rumor and may not work still.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Phlameseeker wrote:
metalmario wrote:
I can't help but laugh at this whole thing, the fact that I paid for my Draik Transmogrification Potion in pure through the TP and now they're 11m+... I guess it's just absurd, not funny.

Really? When did you buy yours? Mine was about 1.1 mil i think, and I think my Mara PB was about the same back then. Considering selling the TP for training and weaps, but really dont want to risk the price never coming back down again, n not ever being able to afford it.

It was in February '04, so a while ago. But still. (No I'm not some kind of freak memorizer, I have "Dream color: Mutant Draik [Achieved 2-12-04!]" or something along those lines on its pet lookup :))

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

http://www.neopets.com/~Nemshi

Quote:
Thank you for your feedback. Due to the overwhelming response from users like yourself, we have decided to allow all morphing potions (limited edition and otherwise) to work on all species of Neopets. We should be posting a message to this effect in this week Editorial.

So, I guess we'll have this resolved on Friday? I am of mixed feelings, but seriously, TNT really needs to get their act together. They have failed so hard as of late, if I could give them one big collective slap, I would.

Last edited by varii on Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Awesome. Proves that every once in a while, the users really can make a difference.

Although it would be nice to see a mention in the news as well, not only the editorial.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

W00t, the helpful customer service (or whatever you call them) people are back! I really didn't care that much about the whole issue, but it's nice to see some response to user feedback for once.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Gosh I'm glad TNT backed down and went with the users on this one. It was gonna get way to confusing and I'm sure scammers could have easily used the confusion to make hefty profits on morphing potions. Like everyone ^ there, I'm really pleased that TNT responded to these complaints. Shows that TNT is in fact not a brick wall. :)

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow, I'm impressed that Neopets folded on this one. Shows that they do listen to users and are willing to swallow their pride and say "Oops - we stuffed up"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

That's great to hear... but are the prices of the potions going to come down or stay where they are?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Nefasturris wrote:
That's great to hear... but are the prices of the potions going to come down or stay where they are?

The potions will probably drift back down towards where they where before this whole fiasco started.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

A very bone-headed move by TNT to even do in the first place. If it turns out to be true they've reversed it, then they've at least corrected the mistake but that does not change the fact they did it to begin with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

:o Wow! TNT actually went back on a major change like this!

I definitely think it was a bad move on their part to do it in the first place, but I'm very pleased that they *are* listening to our feedback on this matter.

I doubt that the information will show up in the news and only in the editorial, as the editorial was where the change was announced to begin with, but that's good enough for me.

{waits anxiously to see this in the editorial today}

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next