Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The future of Neopets? (Keyquest)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

http://www.jellyneo.net/
http://www.neopets.com/keyquest/whatis.phtml
Ok, there is an article here and also some concept art you should see.

I have to say the whole idea of this being a virtual world is silly. The concept art looks more like a game of candy land than an actual virtual world. In virtual worlds you can walk where you want and do quests or do whatever you want. This looks more like a game board. It looks like the path you take is predetermined, sort of like playing a game of monopoly or other games where you play around the board.

Now me, I'd rather neopia become more interactive. I already have two krawks, a yurble, and a baby tonu. So if I play in a virtual world of neopets, then I want to be able to have my pets there with me.

And I'd rather walk my pets around. Or have a virtual me with one of my pets out following the virtual me.

Then the virtual me would walk around Neopia as I shop or do the activities I have already come to love doing on Neopets. Why can't they just make it like that?

I don't understand having to buy a card to get a random neopet to play as. It wouldn't feel right. It wouldn't be like your real pet. Why would I want to be a brown uni anyway? I don't own one. I think of myself as a human who has some pets. Why would I want to be a uni?

My only guess is that this world is Neopia and we are going to pretend we are a pet. Maybe that would be ok, but it still looks more like a game board and not an actual world. But it is a start. I won't be playing this, I think.

But if they did make Neopia more interactive, I'd probably like that. So maybe this is a start to see what they can do.

Post subject: Re: The future of Neopets?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I actually would very much dislike if they turned Neopia into a place where you can watch your character or pets literally walk to the neopian central and such.

Anyone play club penguin? Well, I joined the first week it was up. Barely anyone there. It was fun, and you got to see a few people in every room... sometimes bump into people you know. Well, then they put the site on miniclip. They decided that they needed another server to hold all the new penguins that would be coming in. So, they made a test server. Shortly after is when I quit. They started out with one server that you could log into, and last time I was on, there were too many to count for multiple countries.

And Neopets has even more players. Imagine how many people would have to be in the main shops at once, and even if we could some how have all of them at the screen at once, rather then dividing the neopets community into a gijillion servers... I dont think I could see my character behind all of those other people. Lol.

But I definently agree with everything else you said... I don't want some random uni. And I actually thought it was a board game at first glance D:

Image Image
la la la la BITEZ UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Maybe they could make it so that you walk your pet into the shops, but when you get there, you don't see you or your pet anymore. Instead it looks exactly like the shop looks now? Then after you made your purchase and you left, you'd see your avatar and your pet again? The only way I think that would work though, would actually be logging you into something and then logging you back out again. I don't know if that would work. If it worked instantly maybe you wouldn't notice the transition?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:32 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

This to me doesn't sound like neopets moving in a new direction site wise..it sounds like a serperate game? Like it won't have any impact on our site gameplay. So if that's it, then I'm ok.

Neopets V2 was hard enough to get used to, if they ever took it a step further I would have absolutely zero interest left and I'd quit for good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

For me, the I really would not enjoy a virtual walk around Neopets. Can't restock then. To me Neopets is a site, it will never be a virtual world. I like my pets and it would be cool to see a 3D version. But really, I like it the way it is with improvements.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Key Quest is discussed in Plot Chat and in Unreleased but not in great detail.

I am presuming Key Quest is a stand-alone game outside of Neopia - not directly associated with what we have now on this site.

The press release last year said that Neopets.com will become Neostudios - the focus is to make and release new games based on neopets.

I can see this is a preview of what Neostudios is going to bring out. It is based on Neopets and the world of Neo, but not directly linked to our everyday game play.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

As long as I have the kadoatery, guilds, neomail, the people I talk to still on, and the neopian times... Sugar's good. XD

Who knows, this might actually be a very good thing. As long as it doesn't affect major parts of the main site, it could make profit for Neopets, and profit makes me feel better that all the changes around won't drive Neopets to disappearing near in the future. XD

-shakes fist at all those darn people on the neoboards who make me paranoid with theories about when Neopets will poof D:-

Image Image
la la la la BITEZ UR FACE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:34 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Daze wrote:
I am presuming Key Quest is a stand-alone game outside of Neopia - not directly associated with what we have now on this site.

I am actually relieved that's what it appears to be, and I hope we're right about that. I really don't want neopets to turn into this silly "virtual world" thing. It doesn't sound fun to me.

Although when it comes out I may poke around at it a bit if I get board. I'll be buying some of the new plushies anyway just because I collect plushies. So I might as well use a code and try it out. I doubt it will hold my interest though.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Although I side kinda virtual world like KeyQuest proposes would be interesting and if they gave out trophies I'm sure I would try it. :D

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've never been a fan of Runescape/Maplestory etc - so I may be biased here, but I just don't like this. I would really have rather they create a new game under the "Neostudies" name, but without the Neopets in it. I wouldn't care if they advertised the crud out of it on Neopets, but I'd really rather they seperated the two games as much as possible (KeyQuest and Neopets).

I just think that using the same worlds/characters as on Neopets is going to make it far easier to neglect one for the other, where's if they were seperate, the same staff may be working on both projects, but it wouldn't be as easy to say "We haven't added anything to a world in a while, but we have just released a bunch of stuff on KeyQuest." Can't they just make a kiddsy DnD ripoff? With scaley orcs and feathery dragons rather than Grarrls and Unis...

Its an incredibly paranoid non-sensical post, I know, but I don't like a "second Neopets" being released. Its not Neopets, its a Runescape/Maplestory-esque game set in the Neopets world - yet the two seem like they'll mix with the merchandise - Neopets trading cards/plushies etc that are designed to be bought for the Keyquest game. I dunno, I don't like it - but I'm a nostalgic fan with rose-tinted glasses. IE: I don't like big changes (see also: my melodrama over change to the site)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've always thought there should be parts of the site that were battle dome. I'd love to download a client that would work alongside neopets for the battle dome...... so fighting wasn't just click and go, it was moving around jumping dodging & fighting. The results of the fight uploaded onto the net and shazam! Its on my http://www.neopets.com lookup.

That'd make the battledome WAY COOLER.

It'd also make a difference what arena you play on... water pets would do really well in water arenas... they can swim faster. Ect ect. Wars would be fun, becuase the arena things would be new ones to play on that you wouldnt be as good as on, and each different wave could be on different terrain types to make it even out.

Mah Lenny would kick ur bums... flyin would be awesome.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Its an incredibly paranoid non-sensical post, I know, but I don't like a "second Neopets" being released. Its not Neopets, its a Runescape/Maplestory-esque game set in the Neopets world - yet the two seem like they'll mix with the merchandise - Neopets trading cards/plushies etc that are designed to be bought for the Keyquest game. I dunno, I don't like it - but I'm a nostalgic fan with rose-tinted glasses. IE: I don't like big changes (see also: my melodrama over change to the site)

I am not too sure what you mean by a 'second neopets'. Key Quest is a game - a MMOG but still a game. You will not be able to do anything but play and/or chat. It has no other function.

Neopets (as a site) is not changing, but the company will expand its horizons (as Neostudios) and make more Neopets related games that can be played off-site.

Whether these games are incorporated into user's accounts, is unknown. It does seem that Key Quest will at least be a part of our accounts as the Collector's Case can be accessed by the public or Neofriends only.

This leads me to believe that public may mean not just Neopets users but anyone that logs onto the Key Quest MMOG.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

This is kind of off-topic, but not really.

If they're planning on releasing this by Spring, it could explain why the pound isn't back up and why it's taken so long for a plot to be released.

I agree with a couple of you saying that this game is going to be completely separate from Neopets. Much like they had The Darkest Faerie or that other one that I can't think of right now. It may be a computer game or something, but it won't be running synchronized with Neopets or anything like that.

It looks like a computer-board game...or maybe something like Neoquest?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The look of it reminds me of Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom: http://www.vmk.com

I think it might be the same style of game.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

From todays Editorial:

Quote:
I just read and saw on Neopets that you are going to be creating Key Quest. Apparently, you get the Keycodes off of merchandise and then you can play the game. You are not going to get rid of the site as we know it now, are you? I hope this will just be a new game in the Games Room. ~princezuda
This must be rumour day. No, we're not going to replace the site we've spent nearly a decade building up with a single game. :) We have no idea how people jumped to this conclusion. We have a page about Keyquest here. Also, as stated on the page you will not be forced to purchase merchandise in order to play. Please forgive any 404s linked to the info page; we're still in early beta and it is a work in progress.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next