Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Proposed General Chat Clean Up (Update: 29/1)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
I remember someone suggesting a few months ago to post a seperate Editorial board but I believe that idea was rejected.

This is just one of the many tough decisions for mods.

While the seperate Editorial board is a good idea, for me it's a bit hard to say how much there would be in it. Now we've had things from the editorial referencing plots and the morphing potion changes and such, but is there always news like this in the editorial that is being discussed>

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
While the seperate Editorial board is a good idea, for me it's a bit hard to say how much there would be in it. Now we've had things from the editorial referencing plots and the morphing potion changes and such, but is there always news like this in the editorial that is being discussed>

I don't know if it is a good idea or not, it is hard to say if anyone will comment on a particular item on any given week, but discussing a Editorial question in the news forum is a little hard, because there are other items in the news that people may want to discuss, which then becomes a big combined mess.

Discussing what is on the news or adding comments about a new item or new paint colour is fine because it doesn't take a lot of writing or reading, but if you want to have an in-depth discussion on one particular subject, I think that it does deserve its own thread.

And as we have seen in a lot of news threads the posts become less informative or commentary and more of a banter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
I don't know if it is a good idea or not, it is hard to say if anyone will comment on a particular item on any given week, but discussing a Editorial question in the news forum is a little hard, because there are other items in the news that people may want to discuss, which then becomes a big combined mess.

Discussing what is on the news or adding comments about a new item or new paint colour is fine because it doesn't take a lot of writing or reading, but if you want to have an in-depth discussion on one particular subject, I think that it does deserve its own thread.

And as we have seen in a lot of news threads the posts become less informative or commentary and more of a banter.

I agree. That would probably mean that the news threads shouldn't include the editorial in it.(?) Because TNT always seems bring out big news though the editorial and those things would warrant an in-depth discussion on the editorial entry itself.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
That would probably mean that the news threads shouldn't include the editorial in it.(?)

None have actually had the Editorial posted on them.

But someone did post from the Editorial, about the morphing potions on the news thread, probably because they did not know if it could have had its own thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze wrote:
Quote:
That would probably mean that the news threads shouldn't include the editorial in it.(?)

None have actually had the Editorial posted on them.

But someone did post from the Editorial, about the morphing potions on the news thread, probably because they did not know if it could have had its own thread.

What normally happens is the news has mention of a new NT, so then members post the relevant question(s) from the editorial on the thread.

Agreed it should be in its own thread.

Anyway - there's typically at least one question per week that gets discussion or comments on, although the amount varies.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I'm all for having the editorial posted each week in it's own thread. I think it's just another thing that we can add to General Chat for more discussion.

As for the polls, I've always been conflicted between that board and General Chat. It's my feeling that a lot of those topics can be brought into General Chat as they are definitely discussion-worthy threads. We can keep Neopets Polls for those threads which are "Which color should I paint my ____" and that type of thing.

As a moderator of General Chat, I just want to thank all of you that have voiced your opinions on how General Chat is run and the changes we've been bringing about in the past week. We really value your input and we're talking about all kinds of ways to bring this board back to life :)

I also would like to applaud TDG, because without him, none of this would have happened :hug:

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The dying of General Chat has made me sad for many months now.

The biggest difference I recall was with the seperate Plot Forum. Not only is the forum hardly ever used when there is not a plot ... it is so far down on the list, it's hard for newbie's to find. It's below Neopets Advertisements. Sheesh! I think that it is hurting the usefulness of the forum and quality of plot information having it seperate. Seems like a lot of trouble to avoid a few stray comments in the neatness of the GC.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

But do you not remember the LDP? The amount of splits that plot generated was insane - they'd be posted on, locked, and there'd be 2 or 3 topics per page that weren't for the plot.

I agree (and I think I've mentioned this to Jas), that Neo Plots needs to be moved up higher in the list. (Sidenote: why was the order rearranged, anyway?)

The problem with hiding the board when plots aren't happening is that the Altador one is still opened, and that needs to be there. It could always be moved to a subforum when there's not a major plot? I don't know, I'm just grasping at straws now.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have to agree, Alex, the LDP was insane for splits and people posting new threads, at least if it is kept in one board, the topics are easily moded and locked if needed.

I was against having a seperate Plot Board before but I can see the sense in it - plots generate a large surge of new people wanting to find information, add information or just talk over the days steps, keeping it all on one board keeps all the information together.

And as suggested, the Plot Board needs to be higher in the list.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've just found one page here, after a random stab at the page number.

I forgot how insane that was. At least (so far) the members are being pretty good at not posting pages and pages overnight.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:07 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I am biased as petpet matching is one of my favorite things, but I am sad that petpet matching has been moved alllllll the way down to the bottom. The thread has been less active since 2.0 and I can see how it sorta fits into customizing your pet, but it still makes me sad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:40 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:hug: Thankyou for moving up the plot forum.

I actually went past it twice, before realising it had moved. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:04 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but can i ask why the neopets daillies and alarms board have now become members only? Is it because its sort of in beta testing or something? Or is it permanant?

I something have problems logging in from home, I haven't been able to figure out if it was the firewall or something else. I know i lurk a great deal too much but it seems a little funny to have to log just to see say, turmy alerts. :P

Warped Logic:

If truth if knowledge, knowledge is power, and power corrupts, then are the liars in the world really the good guys?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3