Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Games Master Challenge - FINISHED!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:48 am 

Rakumel wrote:
Whoohooooo! Finished 35/35 challenges last night and got the big shiny (but cumbersome-looking) trophy. Level 8 Games Master, baby! (insert dance sequence to "It's All About the Pentiums" here)

I also don't appreciate being "forced" to play sponsor games in these challenges, mainly because they suck and are poorly designed. The graphics in the ness monster one (I don't care what it's called) were huge and slowed it down, the fish were tiny and hard to aim for, made even harder by the fact that the water-horsey whatzit was difficult to control. I finally just had to throw caution to the wind, forget the fish and the obstacles, and just make a mad dash for the end of the level. And the WalMart Santa one was so craptacular visually, it...just ugh. If a company wants to sponsor a Challenge, fine. Slap their logo all over the website and the loading screens. Put up their shoddy little games. But keep them out of the challenge. I want to play the exact same games and get the exact same rewards as people in other countries do, plzkthx.

...whoops, this wasn't supposed to be a rant. Sorry, just kinda happened.

Congrats on the Level 8 Trophey!

I felt the same way about the sponser games. Specially the Wal Mart Santa game.....I hate memory games with a passion because i have a horrible memory (and im not even past 25 >.<;!!)...but i did it.

The Lock Ness game, eh it was ok, i had to do it a few times, but i got the score. I know tons of people were having issues about computer speed and playing that game. Which is to blam on the programmers that did the game. (shame on their programing skills).

I just pray the next challenge doesn't have horrible sponsor games, because I'll bet 250k nps the next challenge will have sponsors too.....

Post subject: Re: Games Master Challenge - Over :(
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I agree it was a bit random as to the specific time the challenges ended. It was nice of them to tell us what day it would end, but ending in the middle of the day would catch many people off guard, especially those who had a clear goal of finishing them by the "assumed deadline".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:51 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
I hate memory games with a passion because i have a horrible memory (and im not even past 25 >.<;!!)...but i did it.

haha I'm bad with those too...but what I've started doing has helped. On the Walmart game, the items popped up pretty slowly, so I just grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down what they were as they showed up. I don't think I ever could have done it otherwise. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:15 am 

'Rina wrote:
Quote:
I hate memory games with a passion because i have a horrible memory (and im not even past 25 >.<;!!)...but i did it.

haha I'm bad with those too...but what I've started doing has helped. On the Walmart game, the items popped up pretty slowly, so I just grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled down what they were as they showed up. I don't think I ever could have done it otherwise. :)

That is a great strategy. I had a friend write them down as they went on screen, and I was able to get the 1,000 points on my first try. I was kind of hoping that one of the prizes would be a codestone, it would've really helped to deflate them and make training less expensive for a while

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:52 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

When can we collect prizes for beating ALL the challenges ON THE RELEASE DATE?

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Valrigard wrote:
When can we collect prizes for beating ALL the challenges ON THE RELEASE DATE?

This challenge was different to the other one. We collected prizes when we finished each challenge.

Remember to read the rules, so you know what is expected. A lot of people on the boards complaining of no extra prizes, but TNT never did state we would get any.

So far all challenges have been different, so have prize giveaways and this year we get a trophy for each level we completed - previous challenges didn't give a trophy.

Edited to include:

I'm just wondering, will there be any further prizes for the Game Master Challenge? Like, say... an avatar, for instance? I do realize we already got prizes for completing each challenge, plus the spiffy trophy, but I was really hoping for an avatar or a site theme or something, since there was an avatar last time. If you could please let me know whether to wait and hope or to just give up that dream now, I'll go away and stop bothering you. =P Thanks. ~kiriath514
Give up the dream, man. Give up the dream.

There is an avatar for the Daily Dare event, but not one for Games Master Challenge this time around. Perhaps if Aaa decides another challenge is in order, we can convince him of the splendidness of avatars, but the current challenge is over and no more prizes will be given.

Hi TNT! Here's a rock for your collection. Thank you for making another game challenge, I loved it! My only problem is that in the rules you state "The Games Master Challenge will end a week from now on the 27th of the Month of Storing!" It is 4:58pm NST and the challenge is over. I was very disappointed because I was planning on finishing the challenges this evening. My question is: why did you guys end it early? And in the future could you either give the time that you are planning on ending the challenge, or let us continue until it the day is over by NST time? I, and many others I'm sure, would really appreciate this. Thanks again for the fun challenges! ~no1bear
When we give a date, but no time, we mean that the event will end when we sync the site with that day's New Features. This usually happens in the early afternoon, but it could happen a bit later. We do this because, usually, that day is merely extra time, and you should really be trying to complete the event as soon as possible. In the case of GMC, for example, the last group of challenges were given out on the 26th so had we given a time, it would have been midnight on that night. ;) But we left it open the morning of the 27th while we got the days New Features ready so that everyone who needed to could play catch up. Anyway, we'll consider trying to give a more definite time frame in the future for people who aren't aware of this, but for certain events, the point is to really keep up or you miss out, so that's why we don't specify when it will end.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11