Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: artificial intelligence - fembot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

http://youtube.com/watch?v=78krbfy9hh0&feature=related

i think this is really interesting and its worth a discussion.
technology is really growing fast. while its fascinating, this kind of scares me a bit.
what if robots become so advanced, that they are superior to humans?
what if it is so advanced, it can have emotions? then, who will define the difference between man and machine? can science fiction stories such as I, Robot or Chobits be fiction after all?

- w i s

Post subject: Re: artificial intelligence - fembot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

So Holland has been creating Big-Bang Singularities for a couple years that could feasibly annihilate all of creation and people are worried about a Robot Uprising?
Interesting.

Anyway, Robotic life can never be more advanced than Humanity for one reason, we were baptised in fire (To coin the phrase) we fought (And made extinct rather often) everything that ever opposed us and came out on top.
Whiny Misanthropists aside, we are the pinnacle of creation, and bearing in mind that everything we create will be used to kill at some point I am confidant that someone is working on a Maser or something just in case.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:40 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

i think robots would definitely become more advanced as time passes.
and when it comes to jobs require calculating or physical movement, i think people would buy robots instead of hiring humans

- w i s

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:51 am 

Fembots?

Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

blueZ wrote:
i think robots would definitely become more advanced as time passes.
and when it comes to jobs require calculating or physical movement, i think people would buy robots instead of hiring humans

That's as may be (Quite likely actually) but you seem to be forgetting that we are ready for it, I mean, it's not like the only people that are worried about AI are the crazy people who make really bad films.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

shapu wrote:
Fembots?

LOL!

Why am I having flashbacks of Austin Powers. >:C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm on board so long as they have fully automatic weapons attached to their chesty bits. If you're going to get slaughtered by robots, you might as well go out in style.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:28 am 

I guarantee that there's only one thing this particular version of Fembot would be used for, and whoever programmed the one in that video took all of the fun out of it. It really gives now meaning to the phrase, "treating women like objects."

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Kitten Medli wrote:
shapu wrote:
Fembots?

LOL!

Why am I having flashbacks of Austin Powers. >:C

you and i both!

:roflol:

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

theonlysaneone wrote:
I guarantee that there's only one thing this particular version of Fembot would be used for, and whoever programmed the one in that video took all of the fun out of it. It really gives now meaning to the phrase, "treating women like objects."

Well, yes.
On the bright side, while they're using that. Thing. They aren't abusing women are they.
(Please don't start a "one step from women slavery" gig)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Asthaloth wrote:
So Holland has been creating Big-Bang Singularities for a couple years that could feasibly annihilate all of creation and people are worried about a Robot Uprising?
Interesting.

All the particles in your body simultaneously ceasing to exist is more likely to happen than that. Some Perspective, s'all .

Quote:
i think this is really interesting and its worth a discussion.
technology is really growing fast. while its fascinating, this kind of scares me a bit.
what if robots become so advanced, that they are superior to humans?
what if it is so advanced, it can have emotions? then, who will define the difference between man and machine? can science fiction stories such as I, Robot or Chobits be fiction after all?

I think these arguments are cute, for a concept of superiority you have to have a unit of measurement, I like to think nothing will ever be better at being Human than humans because only humans can be humans. Its like saying Toast is better superconductor than superconductor... only superconductors can be superconductors. Toast is a whole different story. A whole different delicious story.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:21 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

zorg wrote:
Asthaloth wrote:
Interesting.

All the particles in your body simultaneously ceasing to exist is more likely to happen than that. Some Perspective, s'all .

Not at all, messing about with Big bang singularities is far more likely to cause a bit of a mess than the undeniably shaky theory of Quantum failure, especially as the most doomsayer of all people say it can't happen for about nineteen Billion years anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:38 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Three Wise Zorgs wrote:

I think these arguments are cute, for a concept of superiority you have to have a unit of measurement, I like to think nothing will ever be better at being Human than humans because only humans can be humans. Its like saying Toast is better superconductor than superconductor... only superconductors can be superconductors. Toast is a whole different story. A whole different delicious story.

I think the point is that things could become better at performing human traits, not exactly becoming human itself as that is physically impossible. I'd imagine what people mean is to become superior to us in certain ways, stronger, able to communicate and understand, have better vision, regeneration etc. Of course today's Androids and other mechanical inventions designed to mimic humans have a long way to go, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to be possible as time progresses.

I think Aiko is fab. I wish her creator the very best of luck. =)

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]