Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Making a complaint - how?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:25 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I understand the Neoboards are not the place to hang out, but I just got a 72 hour suspension:

Quote:
Neopets IS NOT a dating agency or advice service for you OR your pet! This includes asking for dates, neo-marriages, dating/mating websites, dating guilds, dating roleplay, etc ... Do not discuss your love life or how attractive you think you are or someone else is.

I had created a thread saying:

15/m/uk bored. Someone want to chat?

There was no swapping of email addresses, nor anything like that. Neopets claims they don't do this automatically, but if it wasn't a bot, then the moderation team are a bunch of idiots.

Who would be the best person to file a complaint to?

Last edited by May on Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic moved from General Chat to Neopets Help.

Post subject: Re: Making a complaint - how?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:06 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

You're not going to win this one... Posting ASL isn't the way to go and generally it'd be perceived that you want other people who chat to you to post ASL also. You can complain if you want but I can guarantee it'll fall on deaf ears.

Next time just post up that you're bored and leave out the ASL or join another board topic that's already been started. ;)

Want Premium? PM me for an invite. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:19 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

But still, without a prior warning, nor any previous suspensions, 72 hours is an awfully long time.

I suppose the only thing that could have caused the suspension, is that the only people viewing the topic were females - but this is hardly my fault, is it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I'm going to agree with Sandmaster on this. Posting A/S/L is not something you should ever do on the Neoboards. I think you're very lucky that they only gave you a 72-hour suspension and not something worse. Posting A/S/L is viewed as a way to find someone similar to you that you can flirt with and other stuff like that, so in the eyes of the Neopets team, you definitely did do something wrong.

If you really want to argue it, you can try filling out this form, but by the time they look at it, your suspension will be over. The best thing to do is probably just wait it out and never post something like that again.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:11 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

mayanspypilot wrote:
I'm going to agree with Sandmaster on this. Posting A/S/L is not something you should ever do on the Neoboards. I think you're very lucky that they only gave you a 72-hour suspension and not something worse. Posting A/S/L is viewed as a way to find someone similar to you that you can flirt with and other stuff like that, so in the eyes of the Neopets team, you definitely did do something wrong.

If you really want to argue it, you can try filling out this form, but by the time they look at it, your suspension will be over. The best thing to do is probably just wait it out and never post something like that again.

Sounds like a plan, actually. I guess 72 hours isn't too long. Just surprised me a bit, that's all.

I'll refrain from going on the Neoboards, and come fill up the PinkPT forums instead!

:)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

littleboy6326 wrote:
mayanspypilot wrote:

Sounds like a plan, actually. I guess 72 hours isn't too long. Just surprised me a bit, that's all.

I'll refrain from going on the Neoboards, and come fill up the PinkPT forums instead!

:)

I really don't use the neoboards anymore because of all the junk that is posted there. I also don't want to risk being frozen. I had a warning on an old account without a suspension because I posted "contest."

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I avoid the Neoboards because of all the horror stories I've heard about suspensions and freezings and scamming and all that jazz. I've had a perfect record thus far on Neopets without anyone hacking into my account or scamming my points and I'd like to keep it that way.

I do agree about the ASL thing...probably not the best for the Neoboards. But, hey, we all make mistakes and look on the bright side: at leas they didn't freeze you. Go with you plan and avoid the Neoboards from now on and you should be safer...at least in that way. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:29 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, I don't really want to lose my 44 month account. I already lost my other account, that was an old as Neopets itself. :( I forgot to log on, and it ended up 'swiped' in one of their database clean outs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]