Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Moan...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Okay, I'm not usually the complaining type, but this is definitely something to complain about.

After completing the Lenny Conundrum, working it out by myself, and submitting the answer "125 metres" I didn't get the prize, however, I needed to input "125"!! Why should inputting a measurement make your answer incorrect! This is ridiculous...

Okay, and thinking about that, I have got another moan - the way the Mystery Pic and Lenny Conundrum actually work. The fact that you need to be one of the first n people to get the prize is vastly unfair, because the news always comes out 8-10pm GMT, making it virtually imposssible for me to get a trophy on it, unless I stay on the computer for ages into the night, but there will be places that the news is released at 2am in the morning, giving American players distinct advantafes.l

Post subject: Re: Moan...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Matt wrote:
Okay, I'm not usually the complaining type, but this is definitely something to complain about.

After completing the Lenny Conundrum, working it out by myself, and submitting the answer "125 metres" I didn't get the prize, however, I needed to input "125"!! Why should inputting a measurement make your answer incorrect! This is ridiculous...

Okay, and thinking about that, I have got another moan - the way the Mystery Pic and Lenny Conundrum actually work. The fact that you need to be one of the first n people to get the prize is vastly unfair, because the news always comes out 8-10pm GMT, making it virtually imposssible for me to get a trophy on it, unless I stay on the computer for ages into the night, but there will be places that the news is released at 2am in the morning, giving American players distinct advantafes.l

Maybe you just wern't one of the first 250 people to get it right because I don't think the meteres would have made a difference. I totaly agree on the time thing. Either they make it so the news comes out at x hour every day or make the Lenny Condrum and Mystery Pic a higher number of people can win

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Matt wrote:

It does not always come out then... look at this morning....

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

They should make the winning people random, rather than the first x people

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

arogance1 wrote:

I think that would make people even more upset, though. I thought I had answered it pretty fast, but not fast enough. :(

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
If they made them random, many people would complain. Also, the game would never end.

And I have won the Lenny Conundrum around 60 times and sometimes I stay up until 2 in the morning to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It was the metres, somebody who submitted after me, on PPT, got the prize...

Anyway, I really don't know how they could improve, it, but it really doesn't seem fair, as its quite difficult for me to get it, just like its quite difficult for me to get a Snowager prize, because its at some ridiculous time in the morning, when I'm in lessons, and when I'm in bed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Maybe that's why I didn't get it either. I answered "125 meters". That's foolish. It should except keywords like the Mystery Pic.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:43 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

arogance1 wrote:

That would be unfair to the people who figure it out first.
Although sometimes it really is annoying because I wake up hours after it was released.
I think they should make it so the first 250 get a better prize, but everyone after atleast getting something small...

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think they should just up the number of people who get something. I got the answer right last time but I didn't get anything, and I was on when the news was released! I answered pretty quickly too...

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:58 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm upset too. I put in 125 and didn't get a prize. I also got 1st on the Caption Competition and haven't gotten anything for that either. :x Is this a neogliitch or what?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:21 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Matt wrote:

That's impossible. The program that reads all of the answers simply matches the correct answer with the responses given. So if you typed "I think it's 250" or "The answer is 250" or "250 meters" and it was told to look for 250, it would count all of those as correct. I've won several times on other accounts and never had the same wording as TNT has in their answer.

Making it random isn't just "unfair" it's plain crazy. Think about it this way, once someone knows the answer, basically everyone knows it so the 3 hour old newbie who ran across the answer on the chat boards has an equal chance in winning it as you, who spent a long time working on it. It's also statistically much worse for you. You have a much higher chance percentage to be online and get the answer when it's released, then you do being randomly selected from a million people who submit it over the entire week the game is left up. You could limit it, however, by making it only a day, or only accepting the first 1,000 people to be part of the pot, but then you've only introduced more limitations which make your chances even worse. Basically, it's as much a game of chance as it is intelligence because you have to be online when it's released, be one of the first to figure it out, submit your score, and gotten the right answer. You've got less odds against you in Vegas ;)

~Maria

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i agree with loudgrrl4_ever (what a nickname xD)

you must have answered it later then the others.

and making it random is indeed unfair, because the contest usually takes a week and the point is to solve it yourself, while indeed a newbie can just read the answer on the message boards!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

loudgrrl4_ever wrote:
Matt wrote:

That's impossible. The program that reads all of the answers simply matches the correct answer with the responses given. So if you typed "I think it's 250" or "The answer is 250" or "250 meters" and it was told to look for 250, it would count all of those as correct. I've won several times on other accounts and never had the same wording as TNT has in their answer.
~Maria

Well, if thats the case, it is random, because me and a friend who put in an answer about 30 minutes after the release, however, another friend submitted it about 2-3 hours after and did get the prize. Me and my 1st friend put in 125 metres, as supposed to the second friend who put in 125, so, I'm not sure your correct...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

well, are you sure you spelled Meters correctly? It might be important...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next