Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:33 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Xalaxracer wrote:
Scammers and hackers are really easy to avoid, simply do not go to any off site links, except for the ones you know, don't give out your IM, log out every time, never give out your password, and you should be safe.

Hi Xalax. Yes, they can be easy to avoid if you know to avoid them. Yes Neo has a wall of shame, yes the HD is always telling people who ask about getting neomails, emails and ims to not give any information, etc., never go to an unknown site, especially ones promising np/items. I've gotten flamed more times than I can count for nicely telling someone that they shouldn't post their email/im on the boards and/or lookups.

It's also a very good idea to not use the same s/n or password (and if you can use different emails) for everything.

It seems to be newer players most scammers go after. Why? Who knows except they may be more gullible. It's not like there's going to be alot in a true new account. I think most scammers do this for the "fun" of it, to try to call themselves "hackers" and get some kind of rep.

It's true these people know there's no way they'll be able to keep the np/items/pets they steal 9 times out of 10 so they just dump it all and woe to the poor innocent person who adopts a pet, buys/trades/gets from money tree or just is randomly sent an item from a scammed account -- they end up frozen! Many times before the scammed account is!!

IP bans will not and have never worked. Even with a static IP...no I don't know how (I'm pathetic with techie stuff), but someone once said all they had to do was unplug their connection for a day or so and they had a new IP.

The "chain freezings" that we've now all heard/know about are either someone who's on the wrong IP (yes, innocent people do get caught in IP bans) and haven't changed their IP, put their real information in or otherwise become known as the person previously known as (insert name here) -- I think.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2