Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:20 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

that neo greeting is awful!how can tnt do such mean cards?i know tje real life is much more evil and mean,but people come on neo to leave their rl behind :) to relax(me at least ;) )

i just read the article and it freaked me!omg,i cant belive ent can do such a thing...little kids are on the site!oh come on,that's pure evil :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It won't load for me but reading the opinions of my fellow PPTers I say this greeting is extremely violent? I don't understand why TNT would make a cruel Greeting Card and expect children to be attracted to this site.

Set by Medli

Post subject: Re: Sometimes, when I lose all faith in Neopets...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Tonu wrote:
robert2100 wrote:
Shoyru wrote:
I just look to this: http://www.neopets.com/sendgreeting.pht ... ing_id=319

And all faith, is restored. 8)

:roflol: Oh my, that is funny. The deserted fair ground story isn't that bad. It is a campfire story.

Quote:
Smashing through the booths and grounds, eyes glowing red, and screeching in terrible voices... ripping... and tearing... at those who did not flee their claws in time.

Quote:
The wet earth behind the gates...

Quote:
As midnight tolled, the screams of excitement turned into blood-curdling screams of terror.

Quote:
The pets screamed and pressed against the dark gates, clawing for freedom like wild animals. Climbing over each other in a vain attempt to get beyond the unmoving gate, the once-merry revelers only managed to meet the horror of the razor sharp spires lining the top.

Quote:
The fairground freaks gorged themselves until the dawn.

Things kids should be reading?

First of all, how many people, kids read the Neopidia(spelling?). Most kids have heard ghost, campfire stories(the one about the man with the hook and he is clawing at the passenger door of the car or the one where the maniac is in the back seat of the car?) Neopets can't only have stuff for litte kids, people who are older play it too. Now I know I can't win this argument but I posted my opininon any way;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

That article is AWFUL! I can't emphasize that enough. If my 6 year-old sister read that, *shivers* I don't even want to think about it. And yes, she does play Neo. It's not likely she'll find it, though. Whew...

I love that uni greeting! It's great! :roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Guy #1: Oh my God. I'm so offended. I'm going to do something about this.
Guy #2: Mike, there's not really anything you can do.
Guy #1: Wow, you're right. I guess I'm just going to have to develop a sense of humor, huh?

^ family guy quote. I found it to be fitting :)

I like the card because it's funny. The message isn't that hurting things is fun, it's just a way af saying someone let you down when you needed them. So it's an exteme way of sying it, but that's why it's funny, and it also makes you remember it.

I don't find anything wrong with the deserted fairground article. It's supposed to be a scary place. So bad things have happened there. That's why it's so scary. I persoanlly think it's very well written. I don't think people give children enough credit in beng able to handle things like that. Have you ever read like old fairy tales or listened to song for children. A lot of them are about horrible things.

Last edited by rageaholic on Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Tonu wrote:
robert2100 wrote:
Shoyru wrote:
I just look to this: http://www.neopets.com/sendgreeting.pht ... ing_id=319

And all faith, is restored. 8)

:roflol: Oh my, that is funny. The deserted fair ground story isn't that bad. It is a campfire story.

Quote:
Smashing through the booths and grounds, eyes glowing red, and screeching in terrible voices... ripping... and tearing... at those who did not flee their claws in time.

Quote:

Quote:
As midnight tolled, the screams of excitement turned into blood-curdling screams of terror.

Quote:
The pets screamed and pressed against the dark gates, clawing for freedom like wild animals. Climbing over each other in a vain attempt to get beyond the unmoving gate, the once-merry revelers only managed to meet the horror of the razor sharp spires lining the top.

Quote:

My baby sister grew up on Stephen King short stories for her bedtime stories, and watching the Friday's and the Freddy's. (She was raised by my other little sister and I) And the Fairground story would fit right in with what was the norm for her childhood. Despite my best efforts, J did grow up to become a productive member of society... :roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:44 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Shifty wrote:
Heh... That greeting rocks...

Check out this one, and make sure the volume is way up :P
http://www.neopets.com/sendgreeting.pht ... ing_id=314

And whats this article about?

Thats my favourite greeting! I sent it to my partner when we'd had an argument :P

EDIT:

I just read all the negative posts about how nasty the petpet one and the fair ground article.
The way I look at it. By the time the child could read and understand that fairground one, I should think they'd heard worse storeys at camp or scouts!
As for the petpet thing. Just look at your modern cartoons. They're just as if not more violent. ;)

Also any child who would really be afraid of that one should really be supervised on the internet.

http://alienaisha.blogspot.com
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Oh, Jeez! I hadn't seen that one before! That... is so... FUNNY!!! The uni one's always been my favorite. I send it to people all the time.. but I think I have a new favorite... BWAHAHA!!! :lol:

Knives wrote:
I swear Johnny, we could stalk each other without even trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It amuses me when people are all "oh no, we must protect the CHILDREN! How could we let them be exposed to such horrid things!?" I'd bet you good money that 90% of kids find that neogreeting funny and are just mildly creeped out, if anything, at that neopedia article. My friends and I used to read creepy series like Goosebumps when we were in elementary school/junior high, and everyone's heard worse campfire tales than that article. Kids aren't stupid and they aren't that fragile. Most of the kids I know would be offended if they knew people were trying to "protect" them from things like this.

Most kids (and most players, I'd bet) don't even read the neopedia anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

:o OMG how can Neopets have such a cruel greeting card! They call that GREETING :(

I like pickles, I like cheese, I like climbing lobster trees!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:11 pm 

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh please, in this day and age you're worried about a story? I see a whole lot worse watching the news or reading the paper - and those stories are real! Besides, don't you ever get tired of pandering to kids? It not exclusively a kid's site, you know?

Unable to locate coffee -- Operator Halted!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:04 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I knew the 2 greetings before, and both of them are funny. :lol:
The petpet one isn't that bad, like VirtualMetal said, we see grosser stuff in cartoons.
And the neopedia artical, I also liked it, it wasn't that gory, there are much more gory stuff than that on the internet... :evil:

Set by Silja! :D
<3 Lovio and Mistykal <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Not only have we all seen grooser things, but hey. I think TNT realizes that people over the age of 8 play Neopets, as well. I think it's fine to cater to an older age group every now and again. You find me a 10 year old who hasn't seen a splash of red goop on tv, and I'll show you a kid who's been sheltered from the outside world. As for the article; it's a campfire story. Every kid has heard the one about the guy with the metal hook, trying to get into some kid's car. And I've heard that exact same plotline (the one in the article, I mean) on cartoons like Hey, Arnold, and Jimmy Neutron. And yeah, I have a kid, in case anyone wonders why I'm watching those shows! :P

Knives wrote:
I swear Johnny, we could stalk each other without even trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

LOL! If anyone is offended by the Warf one, they need a reality check... it's funny, I can understand if there was a mangled corpse or something but... there's nothing wrong with it imo.
Uni one: I cracked up, but what does that have to do with love ...?
Story: Typical scary story told by kids to kids... didn't find it scary at all, but maybe that's because I was imagining it as a cartoon with Neopets as the characters... isn't creepy unless it's realistic ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wow. Those articles and the greetings. My faith sure is restored. ;) Time to go send some e-cards...

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next