Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I managed to finally finish Neoquest on Normal mode! Neopets, of course, decided to go down just when I was fighting Terask II but I managed to beat him, it was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, just a bit long :D Evil mode: here I go! *rolls up sleeves*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Lynx wrote:
I managed to finally finish Neoquest on Normal mode! Neopets, of course, decided to go down just when I was fighting Terask II but I managed to beat him, it was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, just a bit long :D Evil mode: here I go! *rolls up sleeves*

Congrats! :D And I agree about Terask, he's really only a problem if you don't know to use the speed and slow potions. Of course I still have to face him in InSaNe, but I doubt he'll be getting much tougher... Anyway, enjoy your trophy! :wink: What prize did you get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:20 pm 

I think I went after Zombom at 10 on insane, but I'm always impatient.

Currently level 20 or 21 and in the caves before Talinia; I finished Ramtor at 19 which was a mistake.

Anyhow, quick bit of advice for insane people: Make sure to train to at least level 21 before jumping to act 2 or you will likely die. Thankfully, I had tons of potions and Mipsy nailed a +2 wand giving me 14 group DD, so I managed to beat off LEximp and therefore open up Chia Town.

Also, from what I understand, bosses/normal monsters work like this:
Normal: Monsters- +5 hp per monster level
Bosses: Bosses base HP

Evil: Monsters- +7.5 hp per level
Bosses: Normal boss hp * 1.25

Insane: Monsters- +10 hp per level
Bosses: Normal boss hp * 1.5

In normal, bosses are the hard part. In evil and insane, if you can dispatch normal baddies with ease, the bosses should be cake; the only bosses who are ever really problems, depending on your setup, are Zombom, the Faeries, Hubrid, and Terask 1&2.

Hopefully my luck streak holds after Insane and I get one of the top 2 items to go with my Whittling Knife and Comb =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:54 am 

Thanks to everyone who helped :)

I've just found Mipsy and I have 10 skill points to spend but I'm in two minds about what to spend them on. I looked on the In Depth Neoquest guide and found conflicting advice.

The Walktrhough thing says:

For Mipsy, I advise you to put all her skill points in direct damage. That would be direct damage level 10. she would now be able to deal damage of 50+ with that spell. Two times more than you main character! As for Rohane, start putting the points on stunning moves. Mipsy should be the one dealing damage while Rohane stuns them.

While the Characters Page says:

Advised Skills: Group Direct Damage (meat grinder), Innate Melee Defence, Increased Casting Haste, Direct Damage (against bosses), Haste (beneficial, no more haste potions).

You may be able to survive without Direct Damage, but it is a nice skill. The points that go in it can be used to make Mipsy faster and more resistant - it's your choice.

Sorry to bug everyone with micromanaging the skills but I don't wanna screw up so many skill points on the wrong skills.

-Aesir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:58 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I say go with direct damage over group direct damage because group direct damage only dishes out 64 when maxed while direct dishes out 100.

Also, I recomend group haste, melee resistance and casting speed upgrades.

But it is your choice.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Aesir wrote:
Thanks to everyone who helped :)

I've just found Mipsy and I have 10 skill points to spend but I'm in two minds about what to spend them on. I looked on the In Depth Neoquest guide and found conflicting advice.

The Walktrhough thing says:

For Mipsy, I advise you to put all her skill points in direct damage. That would be direct damage level 10. she would now be able to deal damage of 50+ with that spell. Two times more than you main character! As for Rohane, start putting the points on stunning moves. Mipsy should be the one dealing damage while Rohane stuns them.

While the Characters Page says:

Advised Skills: Group Direct Damage (meat grinder), Innate Melee Defence, Increased Casting Haste, Direct Damage (against bosses), Haste (beneficial, no more haste potions).

You may be able to survive without Direct Damage, but it is a nice skill. The points that go in it can be used to make Mipsy faster and more resistant - it's your choice.

Sorry to bug everyone with micromanaging the skills but I don't wanna screw up so many skill points on the wrong skills.

The guides contain the advice of their authors, while the site pages are composed mostly of hunter's opinions.

In the end, it's Rohane and Talinia that's going to do the damage. Mipsy's attacks will be resisted by any self-respecting boss, and you'll fight a lot more group-fights than single monsters. I'd go with GDD is I were you.

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:35 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've got you all beat, I took on Zombom on level 13 on Insane.

That last level was very tedious and somewhat dangerous - I made the mistake of wandering up to level 4 of Zombom's tower looking for something that would give me decent experience, then ran low on those 15-point Healing Vial and fought my way back to White River (!) to get more. (In retrospect, since I had plenty of 25-point heals left I should have just gone ahead and hammered Zombom when I realized I was going to run out of the 15-point vials.)

If, God forbid, I ever have to face Zombom on Insane again, I'm going to do it at level 12. It's just that I had already gained levels 8-12 once and then lost them in the NQ2 rollback last week, and I was bound and determined not to risk having to do it a third time. :-)

The great Mipsy DD vs GDD debate:

Well, it's been suggested by some (EvilGenius and maybe others as well) that, especially in Insane, all skills should be chosen with an eye to beating Terask II rather than the rest of the game. DD is clearly more useful than GDD vs Terask II.

It's mostly bosses on Chapter 3 that resist DD all the time. The other bosses still take damage from it fairly frequently. Even Terask II takes damage from Mispy occasionally, especially when he doesn't have his shields up.

Moreover, since GDD takes twice as long to recharge as DD, the per-enemy damage taken even in group fights may be roughly equivalent between GDD and DD.

Since I usually concentrate on one enemy at a time even in group fights, I usually think of DD as being the more vital of the two. I got GDD in Normal and Evil and it was still really useful for finishing off multiple enemies whose HP had been reduced by the other characters. But both Talinia's Multiple Strike and Mipsy Damage Shields can do the same thing, if you get them.

On Insane I'm focusing on DD first, then raising her Innate Casting Haste so she hits a whole lot. Once I have her Innates up I'll worry about what I want to get next. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:50 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, I'd definately get direct damage, especially if you're a person who takes out the monsters one at a time, like I do. I've never used group direct damage, and haven't found myself missing it. You could always get group direct after maxing direct anyway; You really don't face many multiple enemies in the beginning anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I focused on DD and haste for Mipsy too. I do have a couple of points spent on GDD. That way if I have a monster that has less than 20-25 HP and it's Mipsy's turn, then I can finish him off and still do a little bit of damage to the other monsters I am fighting For some reason, I hate doing 100 damage to a monster that is about to die anyhow. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:46 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Deevil wrote:
For some reason, I hate doing 100 damage to a monster that is about to die anyhow. :?

Lol, same here. It just seems like a bit of a waste. I also hate it when Rohane has to finish up a 10hp monster, and ends up doing a critical hit. I alway think, "Couldn't you have done that earlier?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I spent quite some time on this game, so, i've reached happy valley already(was at meridell castle the day before).
But I don't understand what the IDNQ means by this:
Quote:
J-something first, then the lost kid, and only then hit the shops and the inn.

Taken from the map of Happy Valley.
Also, what do you think of Talinia's stats? Which stats should I work on?
Increased Bow Damage 6: Eagle Eye
Multiple Targets 7: Rapid Draw
Ranged Attacks 1: Ranged Strike
Shockwave 3: Sinister Word
Slowing Strike 3: Deferring Hit
Innate Magic Resistance 2: Magic Resistance II
Innate Melee Haste 2: Melee Haste II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

quicksilvery1pore wrote:
I spent quite some time on this game, so, i've reached happy valley already(was at meridell castle the day before).
But I don't understand what the IDNQ means by this:
Quote:
J-something first, then the lost kid, and only then hit the shops and the inn.

Talk to the guy named Jemico. He will tell you where to find the lost kid. If you find the lost kid and talk to him, the shops and inn give you a discount.

Quote:
Taken from the map of Happy Valley.
Also, what do you think of Talinia's stats? Which stats should I work on?
Increased Bow Damage 6: Eagle Eye
Multiple Targets 7: Rapid Draw
Ranged Attacks 1: Ranged Strike
Shockwave 3: Sinister Word
Slowing Strike 3: Deferring Hit
Innate Magic Resistance 2: Magic Resistance II
Innate Melee Haste 2: Melee Haste II

It would be benificial to raise Talinia's Multiple Targets to Fourth Arrow as soon as possible.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:09 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I'd also recommend maxing increased bow damage. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

dog wrote:
I'd also recommend maxing increased bow damage. :wink:

I don't think maxing is needed in that category. Putting 11 points in and getting Fourth Arrow is good enough. You can spend that left over three points on other kills.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:02 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

And adding to what Spira said - when you get your final armour, there's sometimes skill bonuses attached to them. Which means that if it was a +4 Increased Bow Damage (for example) and the skill was maxed out, the points technically went to waste.

Gone, forever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next