Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: SSBM 3: All-Stars Unite (How to play on each update)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Round 01

Yesterday was: Earth Day, my mom’s birthday, and Cal Poly’s open house. I hope you had fun no matter which you celebrated.

Last time I started around 1700 JST. This time I start around 1700 EST :evil:

Story as of now:
Mewtwo is staring down a horde of Yoshi. The situation is about to explode when a team of security personnel swarm the arena.
Security 1: Get down! We have a shooter!
Security 2: I don’t see him. Where is he?
Security 1: There!
An Arwing flies into the arena and starts shooting up the field. The Yoshi and Mewtwo are blown away. Fox lands his ship in the middle of the field. Megahedron comes out and shoots off a Fox shaped statue. Krystal runs out too. She gives him a big kiss .
Krystal: Fox... Wake up... Foxy. Time to get up
Fox snaps awake in his Great Fox bunk. Slippy is standing over Fox. Fox yells and sits up, instantly slamming his head into the top of the bunk.
Falco: From outside the room. Good. Time to battle again. Hurry up.
Fox groans and gets up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hyrule. Link is practicing his sword skills at the Lon Lon Ranch. Malon is cheering him on. A horse rides up, and Zelda hops off.
Zelda: You hear, Ganon has been dropped!
Link: Sheaves his sword. So has my younger self. We’ll have our work cut out for us.
Malon brings Epona to Link. Link and Zelda mount their horses and rid off.
Luigi and Peach are sitting around her castle watching televison.
Luigi: Is it just me or do I look like John Leguizamo?
Mario appears in the room riding Yoshi via a warp pipe.
Mario: It is official. The new tournament is starting soon.
Yoshi: Yoshi, yoshi. (Trans: ‘I was robbed *bleep*mn it!’)
Peach: Sweet. I here there are many new entrants. I wonder what they are like.
Mario: Well, one is that little blue fur-ball that tried to steal our thunder.
Luigi: You don’t mean...
Mario: Ci. It is...
Sonic is dashing down a hall in the SSBM Arena. There is an explosion in front of him. He skids to a stop as Samus steps out with a charge shot primed.
Samus: Return what you stole, pervert!
Sonic: Ah, you’re just mad that I took your spot on the roster.
Samus fires the charge shot. Sonic deftly dodges.
Sonic: Sticks his tongue out. Meep, meep.
Sonic disappears down the halls. Samus changes to her Morph Ball and gives chase.
A spiky-haired swordsman is standing at the entrance to the SSBM Arena’s field entrance. Twenty-five other combatants (counting both Ice Climbers as one) are one the field getting ready for combat. A woman with a long braid hands the swordsman a flower. They kiss, then he heads onto the battlefield....

1700 Rule: Regardless of when the last update occurred, you may make actions after 5PM your time zone. There is no need to wait for an update to make an action, but it is recommended. Any actions that break this rule will not count as a legal action and will be promptly (eventually) pointed out.

Preferred Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 damage’ [Do not forget the underline, red, and bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for -3 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo.’
Code:
[u][Character A][/u] attacks [color=red][Character B][/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]

Simple Attack format:[Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 damage’ [Do not forget the bold.]
Example attack: ‘ Sonic attacks Link for-3 damage
Example weapon use: ‘ Zelda uses a Warp Star to deal -3 damage to Mr Game & Watch and Mewtwo
Code:
[b][Character A] attacks [Character B] for -3 Damage[/b]

Preferred Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the green and bold.]
Example heal: ‘ Kirby heals for +2 HP
Code:
[color=green][Character][/color] heals for [b]+2 HP[/b]

Simple Heal format:[Character] heals for +2 HP [Do not forget the bold.]
Example heal: ‘ Kirby heals for +2 HP
Code:
[b][Character] heals for +2 HP[/b]

Specials follow the same format where appropriate.

Specials and weapons should be used before regular attacks can be used.

Starting/Maximum HP = 50

Mario---------------------50
Luigi----------------------50
Peach---------------------50
Yoshi---------------------50
Koopa--------------------50
Wario---------------------50
Mewtwo-----------------50
Pikachu------------------50
Purin---------------------50
Link----------------------50
Zelda---------------------50
Sheik---------------------50
Donkey Kong-----------50
Diddy Kong-------------50
Fox-----------------------50
Falco---------------------50
Roy----------------------50
Marth--------------------50
Captain Falcon----------50
Mr Game & Watch-----50
Kirby---------------------50
Ice Climbers-------------50
Joanna Dark-------------50
Sonic---------------------50
X-------------------------50
Cloud--------------------50

Eliminations (Victim, Character, Player):
None yet

Blk Mage - 250 (max)
Sirclucky - 75
Stinkyllama - 190
Christopher - 160
endeavourl - 82
Icey (Divine) - 60
GM’s Choice - 46

Pokeballs left:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Round 01 Announcements:
1: Yay! We’re back! :hug:
2: Welcome back all ye SSBM lovers and new players. I hope we will have many more regulars than last game. If not, that is also fine.
3: New characters: Cloud, Sonic, X, Diddy, Joanna, Wario
4: New weapons: BFG, Summon Materia, Elixir, Wing Cap, Max Repel, and any others I come up with during the course of the game.
5: New Stages: Gold Saucer (officially), Midgar, Ivalice, Death Mountain (officially)
6: Depending on the volume of players, weapons and specials will be doled out per normal.
7: New players and those that missed last game can follow either post system. They were only created to make it easier for the GM (Sky) to keep track of actions. Hint: Use the Simple style of just bolding the action for ease until you find time to post in the Preferred style.
8: No Healing this first round! (Pretty obvious since there has been no damage so far).
9: Many old specials have been reworked. New innovations in weapons and specials will add to the game play.
10: There will be glitches and paradoxes throughout the game. I will catch them as quickly as possible and errata as needed.
11: Reading the Story is only for fun, but reading the Announcements is a must.
12: I am currently working on finishing the Character Guide. I will make a post with links to each character as soon as they are all written.
13: If you are wondering why many people have points, it is because points carried over from the last game. Trivia will be posted soon and GS is open for your gambling pleasure for those that want points.
14: The first Pokeball/Summon Materia round is Saturday. I have no clue what you’ll have to submit. It will most likely be Futurama or Simpsons. The new rules will also be posted then.
15: Just a reminder: Characters make only one attack around until all characters have been used. Infinite attacks will happen once we get few enough characters left. Unlimited healing is still allowed starting Round 02.
16: If your favorite character is used, have a backup character in mind. I will do my best to try to reserve specials, but no promises. There are enough popular and good characters so that anyone can have at least two favorites.
17: Updates will be up around 1700 PST/NST. Early and late updates will happen for the next few weeks due to events at school. Most notably is the early update Saturday due to the Physics banquet that evening and the prime rib dinner with my name on it.

This Round's Weapons:
1 BFG: -8 damage to one character or -3 damage to three characters and -3 to the user for either option

This Round's Specials:
1) Kirby: Hammer: -4 damage to one character or -2 to two characters
2) Marth: Shield Breaker: -5 damage to one character
3) X: X-Buster: -4 damage to one character

This Round's Stage:
Gold Saucer: Bet your points! (Betting does not count as an action)
If you have no points, you may buy them by declaring an attack with a character not using a weapon or special and sacrificing damage. For each point of damage you give up, you will earn 5 points. Up to 15 points may be earned. (Counts as your action).
Betting: Say how much you wager and chose from the following list. I will roll a d6 or d20 (your choice) for each bet. You win points based on your bet. Lose points equal to your bet.
Payout ratios:
Even/odd - 1:2; Prime - 2:3 (d6), 9:20 (d20); Individual # - 1:6 (d6), 1:20 (d20)

Point trade example:
Marth attacks Purin for -1 damage and trades 2 damage for 10 points

Betting example:
200 points on Even
3 points on Prime for the d6
10 points on 7 for the d20

This Period's Answers:
None!

This Period's Trivia:
Posted soon.

Quick but important poll!
If you want to be polled (no need to enter), please post what timezone you are in, based on GMT. I am in PST which is GMT -8. This way I can keep track of double posts better. Thank you!

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Last edited by Skynetmain on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Remember - No more than 30 Trivia points per round per player

Point Redemption (v2.15):
PM me your request, and it will activate in the next round. All point spending will be announced at the start of the round. Purchases do not count as an action since they are ‘behind the scenes’ until they are announced. Use of a purchased item or special counts as your action in the next round.
Note: Excess points earned will go to the GM’s Choice pot to be spent on gifts for the masses.
1 - Give me your Neopets name and I’ll send you a ‘junk’ item from my SDB, or I’ll PM you the link to a ‘random’ pic from one of the Japanese fan art sites I frequent. Your choice.
15 - I will activate an extra weapon of my choice (Beam Sword, Fan, Green Shell, Super Scope, Lip’s Stick, Fire Flower, or Lon Lon Milk) for the round
25 - Character of your choice will get to use an unused special in the next round (not for private use). Special will count against total (official) use of that special.
25 - I will activate a weapon of your choice
40 - I will activate a weapon of my choice for your private use
60 - I will activate a weapon of your choice for your private use
100 - Character of your choice will get to use any special of your choice activated next round (not for private use). Special will count against total (official) use of that special.
150 - Activate a Summon Materia guaranteed to deal damage with a random user.
200 - Activate a Pokeball of your choice with random targets and user. Counts as official use of that Pokeball.
250 - Character of your choice will get to use any special of your choice for your private use. Does not count against total (official) use of that special

Remember - No more than 30 Trivia points per round per player

Active Trivia:
1 point Google trivia:

Caesar's plan for saving the world, the reason behind that plan, and Huey's response. (If you can find something, say an image, with all three, double points).
Ranpha's spell to find true love.
How come there has to be two photons in e- e+ annihilation?
Takei has done enough what to know how to spell what?
First name, last name and occupation of the first witness in the Quest v Bannon custody case.
What was Wedge’s first line in the raid on the Eclipse 2?
What was Luigi referencing in opening scene of this game?
What was Sonic referencing in opening scene of this game?
Images Finder: (Just post the link, not the pic) (Max of three per person per day) (Only one point each, unless otherwise mentioned) (Try to keep them under 300 kb)
Twilight Princess art or screenshots (max of 3)
Screenshot from Ranma 1/2
Fan art from a Japanese-only site (cite the front page of your source site)
Fan art from a Korean-only site (cite the front page of your source site)
Anything with Ayanami Rei (must be cute, duh) (max = ∞)
Huey Freeman from the Boondocks show (not the comic strip) (max = 4)
Two Gundams in combat (acceptible universes: UC, CC, AC [the good ones])
Bubble chamber images of particle interactions (max = 5)
Pic of two or more Final Fantasy characters from two or more (not just X & X-2 characters alone [loophole closed]) different games (max = 4)
A robot in a loin cloth (get the reference correct) (max = 3)
Lord Sesshomaru-sama (max = 4)
Yuy Heero (max = 2)

2 point questions:
Knowing the # of u quarks in 10 kg baking soda, which has a higher total charge: the total number of electrons or the total number of d quarks in 10 kg of baking soda. (Show your work) (See Llama-chan's, end-san's, and Sky-san's work for hints)
You're traveling from Baja California to the Canadian Province of Ontario. You want to spend as little time in USA as possible for some reason. What is the quickest route you can take? Give the route in the form of Interstate and US Highway numbers. Ex: I-5 to I-405 to sitting in traffic for five hours as you go from LAX to Long Beach.

3 points:
Location of each of the Seven Stars and the boss(es) you are required defeat.
5, 4, Oddball, ____, 3, ____, 2, Keeping Tabs, ____, 1. Fill in the blanks.
List the most recent Worst People in the World (according to Countdown) and why they are the worst.

5 point questions:
Number of neutrinos released from SN1987A, with calculations to back your answer.
Opinion poll (one entry per person per day): Read today's Boondocks. Post a link to where you found it (if you read it in a newspaper, a link can be found at ucomics.com or adultswim.com) and what you thought of the episode.
Opinion poll (one entry per person per day): Read the most recent 8-bit Theater found here. Post what you thought of the episode and mention one of the jokes. Bonus poll! (one per person per week): Read an older 8-bit Theater. Post the link to the episode, what you thought of the episode and mention one of the jokes.

10 Points: Opinion poll (one entry per person): Write a review (at least two paragraphs [one review, one your thoughts]) of your favorite episode of Firefly. Cite examples from the episode.
10 Points: Opinion poll (one entry per person): Write a review (at least two paragraphs [one review, one your thoughts]) of your favorite episode of Futurama. Cite examples from the episode. (+2 points if you can honestly say you cried at the end of the last episode. I do every time [AS] shows it).

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Last edited by Skynetmain on Mon May 01, 2006 12:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yay!

Marth uses shield breaker on Mr Game & Watch for -5 damage.

Also...
25 points on Prime for the d6

Oh, and do we have to use specials up first again? Or are we free to do whatever?

Awesome Set by Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

stinkyllama wrote:
Oh, and do we have to use specials up first again? Or are we free to do whatever?

Look right above the Starting HP line ;)

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

OK I promised you I'd take part in this but yeah I'm a bit confused by all this extra stuff. I think I'll only be doing simple stuff like attacking and/or healing.

Got myself a few requests :D

1) SNM could you add the code for preferred attack or heal format etc. in each update - this would make it easier to do it the preferred format and could encourage more people to keep up.

2) Could someone give me a lowdown of the most important things I need to know? I know the basics from the first game, but all this new stuff is confusing me and I'm not so good with big chunks of text :D

Help is as always appreciated :)

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Anoohilator wrote:
1) SNM could you add the code for preferred attack or heal format etc. in each update - this would make it easier to do it the preferred format and could encourage more people to keep up.

The Attack/Heal formats were at the top of every update last game. Round 60, Round 49, Round 20

I had that exact thought last game and worked it in then. Thanks for the concern though. I still recommend only doing the Simple Format for casual players like yourself.

Also, the most recent page will almost always have at least one update.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
The One Ring? Bilbo?

Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu

Gavin Darklighter, Corran Horn, Bror Jace, Ooryl Qrygg

Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels (R2D2 and C3P0)

It's Hammer time! Kirby whacks Mario and Luigi for -2 damage each

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Skynetmain wrote:
Anoohilator wrote:

The Attack/Heal formats were at the top of every update last game. Round 60, Round 49, Round 20

I had that exact thought last game and worked it in then. Thanks for the concern though. I still recommend only doing the Simple Format for casual players like yourself.

Also, the most recent page will almost always have at least one update.

Code:

I meant like that so they just copy and paste straight from the post into their own reply :)

ImageImage

Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sky, I think Anoohilator meant code like:

Code:
ATTACK: [u]NAME[/u] attacks [color=red]NAME[/color] for [b]-3 damage[/b]
HEAL: [color=green]NAME[/color] for [b]+2 HP[/b]

That way it's just a quick copy & paste and you just need to replace certain the names you want. :)

(I'm a geek and always have a notepad file open with the code there so I don't have to think about it. It might be helpful for others to have that there though. )

EDIT: Dang, I'm too slow and he beat me to it. :P

Awesome Set by Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have nothing better to do than constantly watching for answers. Actually I do have better things to do but I just can't be bothered ;)

ImageImage

Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Anoohilator wrote:
Code:

I meant like that so they just copy and paste straight from the post into their own reply :)

Ah! Consider it done as of the next round.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

No one use BFG yet?

Zelda uses BFG to attack Shiek for -8 damage.=D

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

OHMEEGEEITSBACKITSBACKITSBACK! :D

Diddy Kong does a double back flip in the air, landing right behind Fox. Even with his quick reflexes, Fox can't dodge the fast haymaker that Diddy scores. Count it a hit! -3 Damage to Fox!

btw... triva answer(Sky said to post it here...

Name all the Star Trek alums (regulars only) that appeared on Stargate (both), and their roles in both universes (all 5).

Actually there are seven. Probably the best known is Colm Colm Meaney, aka Chef Petty Officer Miles Edward O’Brian, as well as the ex-leader of the Geini, Cowen.

Other staring characters are Rene Auberjonois(Odo/ Alar), Armin Shimerman(Quark/ANTEAUS (Clucky note: Ive seen all of DS9 and have recently started watching stargate. While the Colm Meaney resemblance is pretty obvious, I was like, shocked when I read this one.), Robert Picardo(EMH(Agent Richard Woolsey)) and Jolene Blalock(T’Pol/ISHTA), Marina Sirtis(Troi/ SVETLANA MARKOV,) and John Billingsley(Phlox/SIMON COOMBS)
On a similar note, it appears that James Earl Jones, aka the voice of Darth Vadar, also had a role in one of the SG-1 episodes.

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

who is X, and joanna?

X uses the special to do -4 damage to fox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

endeavourl wrote:
who is X, and joanna?

The cool, angsty Mega Man and some FPS chick. I'll doing their profiles right now.

Set by Cukupan
I *heart* R

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next