Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It's cute. Like a little maned chipmunk. I'm still holding out for the lutari though so I'm too head over heels for it. It's not TERRIBLE mind you. Some of you sound like you're ready to go for your torches and pitchforks though. It's not amazing and appealing to everyone yeah, but I don't think it deserves this much of a backlash. It could've been worse.

But I must admit, who in the world thought up the name Xweetok and who were the ones who said "Wow! How terribly creative! It starts with an X so we KNOW its a great name!" Xweetok. Good grief. It's almost as bad as Hissi. Almost.

I don't believe its the winner of the vote since none of the options looked like that. I don't think it could be a combination either because I'm pretty sure there'd be some visible llama features. So there's still hope. And with everything they've done already with the lutari, I seriously doubt they'd shelve that either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:14 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Cleaning up messes and bopping dirty petpets in The Hall of Heroes
I adopted a Xweetok and his name is Xanrick. He's such an adorable little furball.

[Neopets: Sir_Grokon][Subeta: Wreck-It_Ralph] [Club Penguin: Cubedude]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:18 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I was so close to getting one, I logged onto a side account that had a pet slot open, but then I had to think twice.

I'm saving the last pet slot for something special or to allow me to transfer pets.

Anyways there's the art gallery if I want to draw one. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:47 pm 

My first thought was- Oh now we have a skunk pet (yes it was the tail that made me think that) After carefully looking it over I've decided that while it might have made an awesome petpet it isn't the worst pet thats ever been released. Oh well not planning on making one right now but if a really really neat paint job (Halloween?) comes out I might have to have one then.

It's easy to tell the difference between wrong and right-- the problem is deciding which wrong is more right. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I, personally, love it to pieces. I picture it in my head being tiny like a squirrel and very quick. I just adopted one for myself and I'm drawing it immediately! :D *strokes Gnathia on the head*

And guys, try not to be so cruel with the comments on how much you loathe it. Believe it or not, some staffers DO browse the forums, and it's impolite to be so venemous about disliking it. It isn't that big of a deal. If it isn't to your taste, just don't get one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:51 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Quote:
Congratulations! Xantoth the Xweetok has been born!

So cute!
... Ok, I'm a sucker for small fuzzy rodents. Makes me think of a chipmunk cross-bred with a kitty.
*gleeee!*

...However, I must agree that I wish they'd push out the Lutari... although I'm pretty sure they'll save that one for the end of a plot. Aren't they from an island on the other side of the world? If so, maybe we'll get them at the end of the Darkest Faerie plot, if we head across the globe of Neopia. As for the April Fool's pet...
I wanna Llama!

Kyuubi made me this totally awesome set!!
I <3 Kyuubi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I think it's very anime - I have mixed emotions on it :)

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

bakenekoneechan wrote:
Eh, all the baby versions make my eyes bleed XP

But this guy's ok, I think. I might make one eventually. The art style is different, but I like having different art styles. You can find petpets to match any art style you could imagine, why not for pets too? The color and shading is vibrant without being tacky, and I really like the fact that it is mostly brown- probably the reason people are equating it to Kyrii and Usuls. It looks more like a real animal with a fantasy twist, rather than something that could never ever exist. It has an actual body, legs and toes, natural colored mouth, nose and ears, and the eyes, though a little anime-ish, can pass for an actual animal's. Heck, anime eyes will probably gain more fans than it will lose for this critter. With pets out there like the Scorchio and Usul (that many people nonetheless love), I really can't find room to complain about the Xweetok.

I fully agree with you about this critter being more like an actual animal than most. And I don't see why people are saying the Xweetok is too cute, when usuls and bruces have both been deliberately cutified with bows. The variations in striping colour, as opposed to the main colour, was a nice touch, too.
That being said, this makes the sixth neopet with some variety of neck ruff! Somebody in TNT must really like it as a design feature. And I do think they could've come up with a better name, but until they release the Lutari, the Xweetok isn't a bad choice for the interim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As for the name, look on the bright side: At least it isn't the Wimblekitten, or the Snurklefloof, or the Cuddleninny.

And the name reminds me of Eewoks from Star Wars. I like it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

lol, maybe that's where they got the name from?

I was a little greedy, and I made two of them on a side account with 3 open slots, I might have to give one away, tho. They're named Furudanuki and Kitsunezaru - meaning Old Badger and Lemur, respectively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Fiddelysquat wrote:
As for the name, look on the bright side: At least it isn't the Wimblekitten, or the Snurklefloof, or the Cuddleninny.

Those were probably their their second, third, and fourth choices to the letter, but they wouldn't fit on the avatar :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
The more I think about this new pet, the more I like it, actually. At first, I really didn't care for it at all. But upon closer inspection, I have found some things about it that I really like, the main thing being that it looks like it could be a real animal. The main fur is brown, with only the mane and other little bits colored. I really like that...I think it looks sharp. The eyes are the part I'm still trying to get used to. Someone mentioned that this pet looked like something from Marapets or one of the other pet sites online, and I agree with this slightly only because of the eyes.

Overall, I say good job TNT on creating something new that really surprised all of us!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:33 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

looks like eevee from pokemon... how random :roll:

Take the Insane SpongeBob Trivia v2.0 here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:34 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: the source of all human happiness, Wuthering Heights.
I think its cute but I'm don't want one I have other pets to work on right now ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
Fool Hi wrote:
looks like eevee from pokemon... how random :roll:

OOOooooOOOOOh....TNT Will get suuuuueeeeed! *mocking voice*

No really though, the similaritys are really uncanny. Oo; No wonder I like the new pet so much! I love eevee's! xD

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next