Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Same . . . I did my tablet twice, as well, but nothing happens. I don't even get a loading sign . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:06 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Q wrote:
Can't quite remember what happened clicking on the symbols in the comic the first go round, but this time nothing happens at all. I clicked on each symbol in turn, working from the bottom of my tablet, and zippo. Is the page supposed to refresh or something? It just stays the same but says it's loading...loading...loading...after I click a symbol.

After you click the 16th symbol, assuming you've properly clicked on the others, you should be automatically brought to your tablet page. You may need to refresh on that page for the prophecy to show up, but it should definitely send you there.

If your 16th click didn't send you there, your clicking probably didn't work right. Maybe one didn't register? Try starting again from the beginning. I messed up the first time I tried it, but after that I was more careful and it worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:08 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ginevra wrote:
Q wrote:
Can't quite remember what happened clicking on the symbols in the comic the first go round, but this time nothing happens at all. I clicked on each symbol in turn, working from the bottom of my tablet, and zippo. Is the page supposed to refresh or something? It just stays the same but says it's loading...loading...loading...after I click a symbol.

After you click the 16th symbol, assuming you've properly clicked on the others, you should be automatically brought to your tablet page. You may need to refresh on that page for the prophecy to show up, but it should definitely send you there.

If your 16th click didn't send you there, your clicking probably didn't work right. Maybe one didn't register? Try starting again from the beginning. I messed up the first time I tried it, but after that I was more careful and it worked.

I'm quite sure I did it right. Hmm. Guess I'll try again in the morning.

*edit* nvm, I was ...erm...clicking a similar symbol by mistake...two look like paws, I'm so tired I wasn't paying attention.

Last edited by Q on Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:13 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Fianlly, i'm all caught up, glad I decidedto do my repository yesterday, finished it all up got my new tablet etc etc. Anyone find it weird we had to pick between 3 weapons? Got a feeling whichever one we pick determines what set of prizes we get or what happens in the next part of the plot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
I hate to make a huge long post, but this is the best way I know to help people out with the mastermind black/white pip logic:

First translation attempt:
1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2
2 2 2 2

Second translation attempt
1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1
3 3 3 3
3 3 3 3

third translation attempt
1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1
4 4 4 4
4 4 4 4

fourth

1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1
5 5 5 5
5 5 5 5

fifth
1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1
6 6 6 6
6 6 6 6

sixth
1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1
7 7 7 7
7 7 7 7

Write down your results and post it like this:
Symbol 1 and X = white pips + black pips

For eaxmple:
Symbol 1 and 2 = 3 + 3
Symbol 1 and 3 = 3 + 3
Symbol 1 and 4 = 3 + 3
Symbol 1 and 5 = 2 + 3
Symbol 1 and 6 = 3 + 2
Symbol 1 and 7 = 4 + 4

Someone should be able to make a very close guess at what and how many your symbols are, plus whether they are located in the top or bottom half of the tablet, which should get you on your way.

---------OR-----------
You can try to figure it out yourself:
Find the lowest number in each column. (In this case, 2 white and 2 black).
That should be the number of pips related to symbol 1.
Since you only put symbol 1 in the top half of the tablet, logically, you know that there are two of symbol 1 in the top half (black) and two in the bottom half (white).

If you subtract that minimum number (In this case, 2 white and 2 black) from every result, you should end up with how many of each symbol you have.

I'll work through my example:
1st attempt = 3 white + 3 black
My first attempt was half symbol 1 and half symbol 2.
I know I have 2 white and 2 black of my first symbol.
All other pips from that translation must therefore be symbol 2.
Therefore there are two of symbol 2:
one in the top half and one in the bottom half
2nd attempt - 2 of the third symbol (one top, one bottom)
3rd attempt - 2 of the fourth symbol (one top, one bottom)
4th attempt - 1 of the fifth symbol (one top)
5th attempt - 1 of the sixth symbol (one bottom)
6th attempt - 4 of the seventh symbol (two top, two bottom)

So, we now have 16 symbols to work with:

1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 6 7 7 7 7

Now place your symbols in their respective halves

Tops:
1 1 2 3
4 5 7 7
Bottoms:
1 1 2 3
4 6 7 7

...and translate. You should have 16 pips, in a mix of black and white.

After that it's trial and error, but remember that the top symbols always stay on top, and the bottom symbols always stay on bottom.

When you know for certain, the location of a particular symbol, WRITE IT DOWN. Always insert that symbol in that spot in future guesses, just remember that one of your white pips is a 'known'

If you get stuck, find the two symbols that you have the least of. Go half and half with those two symbols. Try top/bottom, then left/right, then quarters until you have at least two white pips. Then, using a third symbol, start systematically testing it in every spot until you either gain or lose a white pip. If you gained a white pip, then you have it in the right spot. WRITE IT DOWN. If you lost a white pip, then the symbol you just displaced was in the right spot. Put it back, WRITE IT DOWN and continue moving your test symbol through the tablet.

Sorry this was so long. If it's confusing or too complicated just delete it with your mighty button of moditorial editing.
;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:41 am 

hmmm ive done all my clicking of the comics however after receiving my new prophocy:

'The golden eye shines truth upon those who would do evil'

I got covered in a MOUNTAIN of scarabs, instead of being able to pick a weapon, did i miss something? Do i need to have my mysterious scroll in my inventory b4 telling my faerie statue the new prophacy?

I copy and pasted the prophacy to the statue too.

What am i doing wrong?

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/958/ears4ez.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:47 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

erPurity, you need to click the symbols in the *opposite* order than the one on your tablet, that is, backwards. Then you'll get the real prophecy to give to Nuria so you can get your weapon

Need a premium invite? PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am 

bakenekoneechan wrote:
erPurity, you need to click the symbols in the *opposite* order than the one on your tablet, that is, backwards. Then you'll get the real prophecy to give to Nuria so you can get your weapon

OHH YES thanks bakenekoneechan, ive actually read that bit from the first post but it got lost in my fried brain from after figuring out the sequence of my new tablet hehe =)

thanks again, off to pick my weapon XD well in another hr that is T_T

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/958/ears4ez.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

erPurity wrote:
hmmm ive done all my clicking of the comics however after receiving my new prophocy:

'The golden eye shines truth upon those who would do evil'

I got covered in a MOUNTAIN of scarabs, instead of being able to pick a weapon, did i miss something? Do i need to have my mysterious scroll in my inventory b4 telling my faerie statue the new prophacy?

I copy and pasted the prophacy to the statue too.

What am i doing wrong?

it's the wrong prophecy. try clicking through the comics again. ppl have said that's what they've gotten when clicking in the wrong order.

btw, you don't need your scroll in your inventory to do this. i didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:33 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

they always releaswe the next bit while im asleep lol, guess i have catching up to do and an avie to get this afternoon now :D

a question, what level is this new bad guy? the spirit slaughtered me on the first go in the battledome lol

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

purplecatlover2003 wrote:
they always releaswe the next bit while im asleep lol, guess i have catching up to do and an avie to get this afternoon now :D

a question, what level is this new bad guy? the spirit slaughtered me on the first go in the battledome lol

The bad guy will whump you. guaranteed. But if you have the new weapon (it will break when you pick one, but it's still totally usable) and you use it against him the first move, it will end in a draw which for this is considered a victory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:39 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

@ Kess except that you can use only 6x a symbol at max... so you need to combine 3 symbols.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:42 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

thanks cilian, guess i will be able to go fight him then

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Wooo, I beat Razul first try with my Mace of Righteous Fury.

Now what? More waiting?

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

allnameswereout wrote:
@ Kess except that you can use only 6x a symbol at max... so you need to combine 3 symbols.

Actually the symbol amount is different for everyone. Kess has 8, you apparently have 6, some people have reported 10. The same concept applies.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next