Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

anjuna wrote:
The problem for us MM/TT-impaired is that it seems to not matter if 15/16 are correct or 15/16 are wrong. We don't know how to make the mental leap to *which* 15 are proper. (Maybe other have other limitations they could post so that others can help more?) For instance, in Time Tunnel, it can say GGOX (I use X because I am not color-blind but to begin with I could not tell if it was a "blank" grey spot or an actual colored "something") or it could say GOGX. That does not tell me what Gs are correct in which spaces, somehow (though logically I realize it should) since I have embarrasingly done the same combinations at times, comparing backward, and still cannot repeat the "indicator results." It is the indicator results that are apparently key, but do not make sense to some of us, in other words (or else it is just me, and after all this "Drama in the LDP" I somehow don't even feel so bad anymore.) :P

I will take a stab at helping, sorry If I am of no help!!

You know that 15 of 16 are correct...first you must ascertain which 15 are correct. Start with your first symbol, remember what it is on the tablet, and replace it with a different symbol, if after doing so, youre dots go down to 14 then your original one "must" have been correct, do this for each of your symbols. One of them upon changing it will either say still 15correct or if you took a lucky guess all 16 may be correct, that tells you that this particular spot is the one that needs a change, if indeed it is still at 15 are correct. Try each symbol in that spot until you get 16 of 16 correct or 16 white dots. Does that help?

Edited for content!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Le sigh, I drew with Razal. He did 344 damage to me through Burrow and I can't fight him again :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hey, I'm back. I was working on the tablet and I have a really hard time trying to do 2 things at once, especially something like this!

OK, first I must say thank you, thank you, thank you :hug: for the clearer explanation. I was so confused with seeing 15 white dots, no black but thinking I was missing one (since there's 16 symbols).

I went back, redid the whole thing one ... piece ... at ... a ... time. Ended up with 15 again! Then just replaced the first piece of the tablet with my first symbol -- suddenly all the dots were gone and I got the return to fortune teller message!

So, I've now translated (took 2 times, I had a symbol 2 times in a row - it didn't "register" the first time), got my weapon had had a draw *giggle* as if with dear old dad.

Is it now safe to give the statue a false prophesy and get kicked out?

Image Image

Post subject:
PPT God
PPT God

ashbashed wrote:
Does that help?Edited for content!!

Not really, but thanks. Only in the sense that it totally makes sense and I understand it, but I don't *grok* it. At least now I know what the meaning of the word "grok" implies tho, LOL, "to wrap one's mind around" in a sense, seems to me. Since logically, linearly, yes, makes perfect sense. But why my mind can't see it (as in calculate it) even if my eye sees it in front of me, is a very curious learning "curve", in my experience.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

It kinda frustrates me that if you defeat this monster, you get a ton of points, but if you draw with him, you dont get any points, this had better not impact the prizes you get, because thats highly unfair, because ive made it 3 rounds with him on battles, but this battle he got me with something first round that burrow doesnt block, so i was destroyed, and I get a draw... its just not right..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Blargh. I was great at codesbreakers, not so great at Time Tunnel when I realised they didn't give positions, but this has me lost entirely when we aren't able to use one symbol to fill up the entire tablet.

For the brute force method, what symbols do we start out with on our tablet? You can't guess unless it's all filled in, and that part has me confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

can we defeat razul numerous times? or are we only allowed to fight him once?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:15 am 

you can defeat/draw razul once only

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:18 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Huggles wrote:
Blargh. I was great at codesbreakers, not so great at Time Tunnel when I realised they didn't give positions, but this has me lost entirely when we aren't able to use one symbol to fill up the entire tablet.

For the brute force method, what symbols do we start out with on our tablet? You can't guess unless it's all filled in, and that part has me confused.

Yes, thats unfortunate, I only had 6 of each symbol so I had to go with three different ones to get started. Once you fill it up with those, just note how many are correct at the top as you go thru trial and error piece by piece, symbol by symbol. If you know how many you "had" correct and making ONE change increases your correct number by one, then that one is correct...its tedious but goes fast once you get a groove going!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I enjoyed decoding my tablet (It takes around a half hour or so). That was a real puzzle cause there is no one set solution. I have seen algebreic solutions for mindstorm before. I picked the Spear of Infinite Wisdom! I fought Razul with my lenny and it was a draw!

Last edited by neomania on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:

So yeah....somehow my faerie statue is not in the same place as it was before. Anyone else having this problem?

Platinum Mist........where are you?

Find me on Neopets as jenni_mh!

Post subject:
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

everconfused wrote:
Is it now safe to give the statue a false prophesy and get kicked out?

Yep....I fear we are back to the waiting game again *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:20 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

jenni_mh wrote:
So yeah....somehow my faerie statue is not in the same place as it was before. Anyone else having this problem?

Are you certain? I havent heard that one before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:21 am 

ashbashed wrote:
jenni_mh wrote:

Are you certain? I havent heard that one before.

Positive, I made a map in paint and have been following it this whole time.

Platinum Mist........where are you?

Find me on Neopets as jenni_mh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

i have no stat over 50... and i went in with 17 HP

used my (broken, mind you) spear of infinite wisdom, and sink, and he fell in one hit, and hit me for 13 HP... =)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next