Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:29 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

melmite wrote:
wesoloid wrote:
Quote:
You've finally deciphered the meaning of the tablet. It reads:

The golden eye shines truth upon those who would do evil

Symbols are embedded in chapters 12-14!!

Excellent find! Have a cookie!

"
You speak the words of the prophecy to the statue:

The golden eye shines truth upon those who would do evil"

blah blah blah

"Suddenly a bright light shines from above...
Phew! It's not a pile of scarabs!

IT'S A MOUNTAIN OF SCARABS!!"

*pounds head against wall*

Edit: Yes, do it in order like the first tablet.

EditEdit: My Fortune Teller msg hasn't changed.

Image Image

Last edited by wesoloid on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:31 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Here's how to do this if you have already filled your tablet with symbols but not correctly.
1. Count the number of white dots.
2. Put the first symbol in the first position.
3. Count the number of white dots again.
4. If the number of white dots has increased you have just placed a correct symbol in the correct place. Put the first symbol in the NEXT position and go to step 3.
5. If the number of white dots has decreased then the symbol that WAS in that position was correct - replace the previous symbol. Then put the first symbol in the next position and go to step 3.
6. If the number of white dots is the same then that's the wrong symbol for that position. Try the next symbol in that position. and go to step 3.

Does that help or make it more complicated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:32 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

bgryph wrote:
bakenekoneechan wrote:
My strategy was to fill the whole tablet randomly, and ignore the black dots entirely for the moment. Then I tried all the symbols in the first spot, and noted which one gave me the larget number of white dots, then left that one in place. I just did the same for each slot in succession, though towards the end the existance/nonexistance of black dots let me eliminate certain symbol options. Probably not the quickest way, but the easiest if you're brain dead.

I used this method, too. It's easy and fast.

I'll try explaining it, too, and maybe having several different ways of putting it will make it clearer (snce some people may follow one way and not others).

Rather than starting randomly, I filled each row with one symbol, using the first 4 symbols. (Though really, it doesn't matter).

Then forget about everything but the very first space in your tablet. If you filled your tablet the way I did, it's currently filled with the little "dog head" scratch (the first on the row underneath the tablet. Note how many white dots you have. Ignore the black for now.

Put the little fish-scratch (second in the row) in the first space, in place of the little dog-head scratch.

If the number of white dots goes down, the dog-head (what was there to being wtih) actually belongs there. Put the dog-head back, note the new number of white dots, and move on to the next space.

If the number of white dots went up, the little fish-scratch is what goes there. Leave it, note the new number of white dots, and move on.

If the number of white dots stayed the same, then try another symbol (the little spiral scratch, the thrid one under the tablet.) Lather, rinse, repeat, until the number of white dots goes up. When it does, that means you've got the right symbol in that space. Note the new number of dots and move on the second space.

Then repeat this procedure for all 16 spaces. It doesn't actually take that long.

As you get toward the end, you can start paying attention to the black dots: when adding a symbol doesn't increase the number of white dots, and DECREASES the number of black dots, then you know you don't need to try that symbol again: either you've already put in all instances in the tablet, or it's one of the "filler" symbols you put in at the beginning (which you'll detect when number of white dots goes down when you change a symbol.)

If you don't understand the last paragraph, just don't worry about the black pegs at all. You can still solve the puzzle if you ignore them. It just will take a tad bit longer (not even all that much longer.)

bgryph, Here is mine, can you explain how I do it, I did what you said and put the 1st 4 symbols there, what do I do next.

thanks so much I feel so stupid, I have no concept of this at all.,

SS:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:34 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Dang it, I can't find all my symbols in those chapters.

As time does not seem to be of essence, I suppose I should go back to doing actual work now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:38 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

rrrrrr! When I was a kid, I had a game called "mastermind" which was the same thing. Have to use plain old logic. Gives me a headache now.

I wrote a computer game to play this, cause my daughter likes it so much. But it doesn't solve it, it just figures out the black/white circles for each move. wouldn't appply here, anyway.

*reach for the meds*

Do the new runes follow the same pattern as the old ones?

The new ones are on the scrolls nabile reads in the comic, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

There's one symbol for each page...but seem Chapter 13, page 2 lacks a symbola nd this is th eonly one I can't find and I have 4 of them!

Anyone seen it?

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

do you need to be able to complete the fourth crystal before u can start on this task on the mysterious tablet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

ssandgirls wrote:

bgryph, Here is mine, can you explain how I do it, I did what you said and put the 1st 4 symbols there, what do I do next.

thanks so much I feel so stupid, I have no concept of this at all.,

SS:)

Ah, the order on the bottom must be different for everyone (as are which symbols there are -- I don't have the first one under your tablet at all.)

You have 2 white dots now.

In the space on the upper right:

Replace your little webbed-foot-shaped scratch with the little feather-shaped scratch (the one that's second under your tablet.)

Attempt to translate.

How many white dots do you have now?

If there is now only one white dot, that little webbed-foot-thingy you had in there to begin with was right. Put it back. You're done with that first space! Move on to the next space.

If there are now three white dots, then the little feather-shaped scratch is what goes there. Again, you're done. Move on to the next space.

If there are still two, then neither the feather-shaped scratch or the webbed-foot scratch are right. Try the third symbol under your tablet (the hourglass-shaped one) in the first space instead. Try translating. How many white dots are there now? If there are three, then the hourglass scratch is right. If there are still two, try the little spiral scratch (number 4 under your tablet) and so on until you have three white dots (and have therefore correctly filled the first space.)

Then lather, rinse, repeat with the other 15 spaces. Remember, you're looking for the number of white dots to increase. If the number increases when you change symbols, you've just solved that space. If it decreases when you change symbols, then whatever was there before was right. Put it back, and you've solved the space.

Last edited by bgryph on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Armi wrote:
There's one symbol for each page...but seem Chapter 13, page 2 lacks a symbola nd this is th eonly one I can't find and I have 4 of them!

Anyone seen it?

Ch 13 Pg 4, under the fallen mummy

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

patjade wrote:
The way I got mine was distribute symbols onto the tablet and note the dots. Then start with the first symbol. Replace it, translate, and see if there is a change in dots at the top. if I get a white, move to the next one. If I lose a white one, I change it back. If I gain a black one, I know that symbol shows up later.

It took awhile, but I got all the dots correct.

I used the same system and it worked for me. It does take a while, but it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Argh! Scarab'd.

They're just toying with us now.

Last edited by melmite on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

*finally!*

The fortune teller smiles at you. "Very clever! You've translated the tablet into Qasalan. But what now? What does it mean?" She ponders the translated tablet curiously.

Image Set by DM - Thanks :)
If you would like Neopets Premium, PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

wesoloid wrote:
Armi wrote:

Anyone seen it?

Ch 13 Pg 4, under the fallen mummy

Doh....just had to be the only page with two symbols. XD Thanks. *goes to translate*

Set by Ken
Playing these games: Tales of the Abyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:48 pm 

Can someone tell me where the kil symbol is in the comic? I've been through each chapter like four times.

It's this one, btw:
http://images.neopets.com/desert/ldp/ld ... mp_kil.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

AAAH! can sum1 help me out! i need to know if the fourth crystal has to be completed b4 u can work on this new mysterious tablet?!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next