Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

bgryph wrote:
Random question:

Someone posted on NC some time back suggesting that perhaps your light times were related to your statue symbol.

Has this been disproven here, since no one is suggesting it?

It certainly seemed like all the Bens who posted there had the same light times (12-1pm, 8-9pm, and 4-5pm NST).

It was disproven. We liked the idea, but then there would be plenty of times when some people of a symbol would have it and others of the same symbol wouldn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:12 am 

Elric wrote:

So then they said, "well, maybe it's reading all the scrolls?" But no one wanted to do it. So I went and did it. Then they gave me a nice new jacket, with extra long sleeves.

And now, when I look at the news, it keeps telling me it's last week! But I know it's today! Honestly, I do.

Uh oh, here comes sup again with my happiness shot!

You know what...you may be on to something. The entirety of the LDP plot seems to have been made to unnerve us.

THEORY...they are trying to throw our alertness down the drain so that the solution to the puzzle of the LDP doesnt happen. Every plot has a secret twist. Earlier it was stated that we havent received a "The LDP has been solved!" message from TNT. Well look at the Desert Sloth plot. towards the end there was a finale. THEN there was a conclusion. Your not crazy...you just adamently trying to keep your grip on a reality that TNT must o left behind... No i think TNT is trying to unnerve us REALLY HARD.

To all who are the way of the NEM ~ Go with the flow ;)

Post subject: hope this doesn't sound too weird lol
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:18 am 
PPT God
PPT God

supRNurs wrote:
We found that the catalogs are the same as prior to the scroll. Although the locations of other scrolls inside the repo have changed, the catalog is still accurate. So, I've tested reading the blanks in rainbow order. No result. Nada. Nothing.

(Also, to Elric: Thanks for keeping us laughing. And, I have been at least intermittently re- and re- clicking on the comic "hot spots" to no avail. I sensed that there must be something left there. But as I click and click I feel I am missing something .... argh)

I am glad you discovered and posted this, if there is indeed anything left to do in the Repository with reading scrolls. So, to get this straight, our catalogs are the same as they were in the last stage, yet "other" scrolls have changed, excepting the ones we needed to complete the puzzle thus far? I am not sure if that means we have to use the ones that changed or the ones that remained the same, though, in any case...

I have a new color theory (for those physically capable of trying it out, Elric can remain in her nice comfy jacket, sedated, please) ;) but I read somewhere that there is another "common" artistic order, not the rainbow colors but the colors going from "sky to earth" or something like that. Maybe this ties in with someone mentioning the scrolls in the libraries being the same colors, but also all containing green? So from sky to earth is blue to green (I think) but I forget what the others are before or inbetween. I am trying to find the site like mad here, and will post if I find, of course, but if anyone has a clue what I am rambling about, I believe it has something to do with "4" ancient primary colors (while searching I found too many other theories to mention here, anyway, so I offer just this one for now) related to how we literally see/perceive nature.

EDIT: I also noted on a scientific site, that our retinas can only see red, GREEN, and blue, not the usual what we consider primary red, yellow, and blue. I don't know if this is a typo or not and I have forgotten my biology. If it is true, it sort of makes sense that we could consider green an additional primary. But now maybe I am sounding too crazy ... hmmm

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
Hm. Medieval manuscripts (and heraldry) traditionally depict rainbows as yellow, red, green, and white. They didn't depict a full spectrum like you learned in elementary school.

Post subject: Re: hope this doesn't sound too weird lol
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:34 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

anjuna wrote:
EDIT: I also noted on a scientific site, that our retinas can only see red, GREEN, and blue, not the usual what we consider primary red, yellow, and blue. I don't know if this is a typo or not and I have forgotten my biology. If it is true, it sort of makes sense that we could consider green an additional primary. But now maybe I am sounding too crazy ... hmmm

Well, the RGB thing is true. There are several different ways to describe colors, and one is through the red, green and blue values. Another is cyan, yellow, magenta (as used in a lot of printing). It's an interesting theory. Hm. If we have to test all the RGB combos in our repositories it could take a while.

Has anyone tried clicking only their fairie statue symbol scrolls? All of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I am also weirded out by the fact that prisms and light create ROYGBIV (indigo and violet, not purple) and ours created RYOGBP. Then we mixed paint colors to make white, usually only possible in light, as in paint you would get brown or black. :P Maybe another Swiss hole oversight on TNT's part but it still bothers me.

Here is a good "history" of a lot of ancient cultures "primary" color schemes (don't mind the funny name of the URL or web page; it is entitled "The History of Color Wheels or Color Ordering by Mary Ellen Searcy"):

http://www.needlepoint.org/Archives/02- ... wheel.html

"Aristotle wrote that "Simple colors are the proper colors of the elements, i.e., of fire, air, water and earth." They were created by blends of darkness and light: "Black mixed with sunlight and firelight turns crimson."

"In the 1500's, Leonardo da Vinci more or less believed in Aristotle's views. He stated that white was no color, yellow was for the earth, green for the water, blue for air, red for fire and black for total darkness. He believed that yellow and blue light. made green light. There was no systematic attempt made to organize colors for another century."

"In 1790, Hermann von Helmholtz of Germany and James Clerk Maxwell of Great Britain, first discovered that the primary colors of light were red, green and blue."

"Helmholtz, a German scientist, first published his additive laws of colored light composition and his subtractive laws of colored pigment composition in 1855. His theory, published in 1867, was the basis for nearly all later work in color science. The primaries for the additive theory for colored light are red, green and blue. When mixed together they form a white light."

Last edited by anjuna on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Since Anjuna the Kind gave an artsy theory and Elric the Alchemist (no need for the insane since all al/chemists are) did a reading theory, I counter with a number/mythology theory. We are dealing with 12 symbols, 6 Temple door colors, 4 Temple scroll colors, 5 floors in the Repository, 7 Repository scroll colors, and 16 Crystal spaces.

12 comes up a mythologies. Heracles' 12 labors, 12 Greek Zodiac signs (Scorpio being the best), and 12 Chinese Zodiac animals (Boar being the best). The 12 Labors could relate to the 12 puzzles we had to solve to complete our tablets. Either Zodiac could relate to our individual symbols (Å [Stargate] being the best) since the Greek had special symbols for the Zodiac and the Chinese language is all symbols.

There are 5 primal elements in Eastern philosophies (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, Metal. Water being the best). There are 4 primal elements in Western philosophies (same as Eastern minus Metal. Water is still the best). There could be a between a Temple scroll color and a Repository floor, leaving the basement to be Metal since you need a set of brass to have all those Anubis Toxicology scrolls.

7 is just a common lucky number so no real mystery there. It is, as we learned, also the number of Primary colors (3) and their possible combinations (4; ie, R+B, R+B+G).

6 and 16 are stand outs, but then I get out my I Ching. 16 is twice the number of symbols in the I Ching (8 ). Applying the I Ching numbers to the numbers I found, we get this: 4 - Innocence; 5 - Waiting; 6 - Contention; 7 - An Army; 12 - Obstruction; 16 - Happiness. Boy. That really describes what we went through.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

"It is a lack of cones sensitive to red, blue, or green light that causes individuals to have deficiencies in colour vision or various kinds of colour blindness." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retina)

Sorry I am so obsessed with green tonite. I am going to sleep soon. :P

I always felt bad for the color-blind trying to get through this plot, too.

Maybe the lull in this stage is where all the color-blind people get to catch up and surpass us because they see something we don't this time. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:20 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

New comic up... can anyone else read it?

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:22 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

ARGH! ATTACK OF THE UNDEFINED!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:24 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
Hot damn... the plot's not over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:25 am 

undefined???? whats with the new comic

Roll,roll,roll...hey stop looking and start rolling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

May I just add, we told us so. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*Giggles and squeals like a little school girl*

Yay! There's more! I feel hope! Looks like a lot of crazy stuff happening in this comic...Now if only we knew how to retrieve comic text... *Sends a telepathic message to dolphinling and everyone else who knows how to do so*

Awesome Set by Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My favorite is Nabile and Amira saying "Undefi Ned" at the same time at the end... :roflol:

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next