Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:35 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Skynetmain wrote:
As much as I want to share knowledge with the world, I regretfully agree to stop full discussions unless they contain a plot element. If you want me to stop posting even fun, semi-plot-related items, you will still have to wait until :evil: freezes over.

I apolgize if I seem a bit stick-in-the-muddish, I'm not really. I just prefer this group to concentrate on the task we came here for and not be distracted. I have no problem whatsoever with semi-plot-related stuff, in fact it's probably a good idea (as long as there is some relevance) as it gets people thinking in tangents.
While I'm on, has anyone had any thoughts on the spinning Ben scroll? It's not there by accident, it was meant to be there and must be a clue to something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:36 am 

Yunamaxieboytanda wrote:
anjuna wrote:
dolphinling wrote:
Search your SDB for "ring four". You get the message saying one exists, but you don't have it.

I did that and got this: "You can't find any 'ring four' type in your Safety Deposit Box."

EDIT: :oops: I did not even have it (I thought someone was referring to the Crystal for some reason) in my SDB at the time. Serves me right for trying to neopets and do so many other things at once. Sorry!

EDIT 2: Um, but I put it in there, did that search, and it still says the same. And now I realize you were referring to the Hovering Pyramid thing.

I did a search of my safety deposit box for four rings and Its saying that " You don't have any items in your Safety Deposit Box" But I do :)

four ring I mean.... do you have to put it in as "four ring" or just four ring? awe never mind I just put it in as "four ring" and got this in the search box \"four ring\" the strokes being added... also "You don't have any items in your Safety Deposit Box"

it was ring four, not four ring(s). :) i have been watching this forum, and another, for days and have only had a few hours sleep. i need sleep. this plot better develop soon/tell us there is nothing to do at the moment, or i will die from sleep deprivation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:40 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Eek wrote:
Yunamaxieboytanda wrote:
anjuna wrote:
dolphinling wrote:
Search your SDB for "ring four". You get the message saying one exists, but you don't have it.

I did that and got this: "You can't find any 'ring four' type in your Safety Deposit Box."

EDIT: :oops: I did not even have it (I thought someone was referring to the Crystal for some reason) in my SDB at the time. Serves me right for trying to neopets and do so many other things at once. Sorry!

EDIT 2: Um, but I put it in there, did that search, and it still says the same. And now I realize you were referring to the Hovering Pyramid thing.

I did a search of my safety deposit box for four rings and Its saying that " You don't have any items in your Safety Deposit Box" But I do :)

four ring I mean.... do you have to put it in as "four ring" or just four ring? awe never mind I just put it in as "four ring" and got this in the search box \"four ring\" the strokes being added... also "You don't have any items in your Safety Deposit Box"

it was ring four, not four ring(s). :) i have been watching this forum, and another, for days and have only had a few hours sleep. i need sleep. this plot better develop soon/tell us there is nothing to do at the moment, or i will die from sleep deprivation...

I know what you mean with the sleep deprivation thing :) Its having its effect on me... I did search ring four :) :oops:

Try Neopets Premium Free For 15Days.IM for info.PLEASE DON'T POST..Must be over 12yr and have a credit card or paypal account.FOR VERIFICATION ONLY!NO PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR ACCOUNT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Eek wrote:

A few of us think we'll have nothing to do until Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Edit:
IanB wrote:
While I'm on, has anyone had any thoughts on the spinning Ben scroll? It's not there by accident, it was meant to be there and must be a clue to something.

Not the spinning ben again! (Rhyme not intended). Okay. It may not be an accident, but what would it mean? Do we have to read all the ben scrolls? Do we have to buy a lot of chicken products? Do we keep asking rhetorical questions?

Edit 2:
dolphinling wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
A few of us think we'll have nothing to do until Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Don't say that! Whenever someone does, we have to wait until Thursday or Friday :P

That is such a linear way of thinking of time. I would expect better from you. :P

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Last edited by Skynetmain on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:09 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Skynetmain wrote:

Don't say that! Whenever someone does, we have to wait until Thursday or Friday :P

Nabile pwns you...

            ...At Lenny Connundrum.

Post subject: Uhh, not good.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The paint devil just stole my useless crystal. Anyone know how I can get another one?

Edit: Nevermind, all I had to do was talk to the chef again.

Nevermind me, I'm all right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:37 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Skynetmain wrote:
IanB wrote:

Not the spinning ben again! (Rhyme not intended). Okay. It may not be an accident, but what would it mean? Do we have to read all the ben scrolls? Do we have to buy a lot of chicken products? Do we keep asking rhetorical questions?

I'm going to assume that's not a rhetorical question although answering a question with more questions is not altogether helpful and so I will take those as suggestions. As there are thousands of Ben scrolls in the repository (there are 2835 in mine) reading them all doesn't seem practical. Buying chicken products may help the Chef, have you tried? One could try looking in all the Ben rooms in the Temple is another suggestion.
btw, if you do intend to ask rhetorical questions then please let us know so that we can avoid wasting everyone's time on pointless answers.

Post subject: GTU
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Sorry for bringing this up a 3rd time, but noone seems to have any ideas?

It seems Grand Theft Ummagine loads for some but not most of us?

I notice it is located in the Lost Desert but not *visible* like the other games on the map. I assume it is in another dimension with Word Pyramid? Is Stan there with the third ring (Ring of Invisibility) or what?

Either way, it irks me. And if it is a joke from TNT, it is not funny to me. Am I and the only 1 other person I saw post this a while back the only ones having problems with it? If so, then I will not bring it up again.

Have a nice weekend, all. Keep in mind "nothing going on" may also just mean that TNT wants us all to have a Happy Halloween and not a plot on our minds, keeping us awake odd hours and driving us bonkers. 0:)

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject: Re: GTU
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:21 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

anjuna wrote:
Sorry for bringing this up a 3rd time, but noone seems to have any ideas?

It seems Grand Theft Ummagine loads for some but not most of us?

It certainly doesn't load for me but I don't know why and can't see a point to doing that.

Quote:
Either way, it irks me. And if it is a joke from TNT, it is not funny to me. Am I and the only 1 other person I saw post this a while back the only ones having problems with it? If so, then I will not bring it up again.

Have a nice weekend, all. Keep in mind "nothing going on" may also just mean that TNT wants us all to have a Happy Halloween and not a plot on our minds, keeping us awake odd hours and driving us bonkers. 0:)

I could also mean they are happily clocking up clickies while people search the repostitory.

Post subject: Lets do the time warp again!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:59 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

As long as there seems to be a time/ time travel connection to this plot, I wonder if there's a connection to the time warp most of the US (including Neopia Central) goes through tonight: the daylight savings time wormhole. Might that be a time for something major to happen? Be alert, people!

Children today have no respect for their elders. -Socrates

Post subject: Re: Lets do the time warp again!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

labrat167 wrote:
As long as there seems to be a time/ time travel connection to this plot, I wonder if there's a connection to the time warp most of the US (including Neopia Central) goes through tonight: the daylight savings time wormhole. Might that be a time for something major to happen? Be alert, people!

maybe, but I dont think TNT would be in the office on a saturday night to do something like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:58 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

WockyChocky wrote:
supRNurs wrote:
See the comic, Chapter 8, page 1, bottom frame. It is strange that this TCG image is "editted" for the comic so that it doesn't include the "shadow creatures" (I have no idea what to call them. :P Here's the image of the TCG for reference:
<image snipped - see earlier post>

*shrugs*

It looks like it it not the same artwork, but it is the same location. So Sakhmet City is now sitting somewhere in the Plains of Despair.

Where could the Plains of Despair be, besides on a card?

Yes, I find it very strange that the image from the TCG was altered for the comic, considering that so many others are identical on the TCG and in the comic. I also find it strange that it was altered to include the city in the background and to delete the "shadow creatures". Perhaps TNT was not ready to have us fight these creatues yet? o_O

In the comic, the Plains are on the outskirts of the city. On the last page of chapter 7, we are told that "most of our soldiers are guarding the borders. If we could get word to them..." Then on the first page of chapter 8, in the frame with the Plains of Despair background, "The... borders are gone..." "Escape is not an option." The Plains seem to be there to prevent them getting to the soldiers and vice versa (see the frame just above - the one that says, "Come on men. There must be a way out somewhere.") as well as to prevent anyone entering or leaving the city.

Upon first viewing chapter 8, I thought the soldiers with the "Come on men." caption were trying to get to the borders to find the remaining soldiers and the Plains were just there to prevent anyone leaving the city. But, after going back and reviewing chapter 7, "The borders are gone" seems to refer to the general's plan from chapter 7 to "get word" to the soldiers on the borders. Because the borders are gone, he is unable to complete his plan and also realizes that "escape is not an option."

If the Plains are between the city and the soldiers that are guarding the borders, it seems we should be ablet to find the borders and the soldiers, then make our way across the Plains of Despair. So, perhaps we need to find our way to the location pictured in the 5th frame of chapter 8. I checked the LD map when the comic came out and checked source as well, to no avail.

Maybe the crystal will be of some use here... perhaps we can't see the creatures without it.. or perhaps we can't see the city without it... or perhaps it's really useless... and perhaps we need to find a scroll in the respository that will lead us to the borders and the Plains.... or perhaps...
*head spins around*

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alright guys. I seriously hope this is the last time I have to address this issue.

If you see some problems in regards to relevance through this thread I want you to PM a mod.

And if you want even (possible) faster response time, I'm even giving you the suggestion to IM me (at TEH SCOTT as on my profile). I'm on 3pm - 1/2am (Pacific/Neopian Time) so in the afternoon... chances are you'll be able to get to me.

Off topic / tangential posts need to slow down. The whole 4-D idea was decent at start. But went through a string of posts that went nowhere with respect to the plot, and as a result we get another complaint post... and as a result we get THIS post. But by no means am I saying to kill posting any wild-ideas that you may have...

If there isn't much going on... there shouldn't be so many posts going on right? I just want to see the complaining to end. Don't reply to this post saying you agree/disagree with what I say. Lets just try and get this thread (from now on) to stay the track of the plot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:23 am 

Hi everyone... Sorry for a newer questions, I have been in India for a month and lost touch with the plot. Previously, I was one of the first. :(. In the first post it says that I need to talk to the chef, I found him... but there is a big bar keeping me from getting to him. Any ideas?

Edit -- Nevermind... Perhaps I am too much a newbie to SCROLL!!!

Edit2 - Thanks Scott!

Last edited by lyohe on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:24 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

As long as you stand in front of the bar (which is a counter of some sort i believe) there will be a button below that picture that says "talk to chef"

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next