Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Extreme glitchiness
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Anyone experiencing extreme glitchiness this morning? I'm getting lots of blank pages that need to be refreshed 5 or 6 times before the page loads properly.

Am I alone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I don't see any glitches yet. o_O

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Xerophyte wrote:
Well, I don't see any glitches yet. o_O

Ditto o.o;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

also not getting anything.. actually site appears to be running faster than normal for me :P

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:59 pm 

I haven't noticed a thing.
The only odd thing I've bumped into is that I got two faerie quest in 5 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:13 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

yep its loading real slow for me too atm

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

what I'm seeing is a blank (colored) header bar at the top and just an empty page underneath. No error message. I refresh that a few times and suddenly the full page loads.

1 person on the neoboards was complaining about exactly the same thing, so I'm not panicked.... yet!! LOL

Post subject: Glitchiness
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:00 pm 

I had a similar problem a while ago when my McAfee updated and caused problems with loading. I would have the bar on the left with all of the links not appear fully. Games and pages would not load. Etc...
Did you update (manually or automatically) any virus protection software?

I think that some of the updates look at the banners, bars, games, etc... as either popups or something malignant to be blocked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:06 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The mystery is somewhat solved.

Based on info on the neoboards, junior accounts are not working properly today. Unfortunately, I took over my account (2 years ago!) from my daughter, so it's a junior account.

I just signed on to my daughter's account (which is an adult account, LOL) and I'm not having any problems. In fact, as was mentioned earlier, it's flying today!!

I hope they fix this soon. Especially before there are any new LD plot updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks for explaining that. I wanted to do the Snowager for a junior account but it took me several tries to get it. Maybe TNT is having some problems with their new advertisers showing unacceptable content?

Edit: Went away to class, during which things in the junior account have improved. I was able to do the Faerie Crossword in just under a minute, pretty good allowing for my clumsy typing fingers. (Must... have... coffeeeeeeee...)

Maybe it was just a server glitch. Anyway, it looks to me as if TNT fixed things again. So... THANK YOU, TNT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:17 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I've been having trouble getting past the front page of neopets for a week now, but it seems to be the same for a couple of other sites.

The site loads so that it displays its name in the top bar but leaves the page blank and seemingly loads forever.

The games also have been sort of half loading:

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/3182 ... dup0xs.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Christopher wrote:
I've been having trouble getting past the front page of neopets for a week now, but it seems to be the same for a couple of other sites.

The site loads so that it displays its name in the top bar but leaves the page blank and seemingly loads forever.

The games also have been sort of half loading:

http://img425.imageshack.us/img425/3182 ... dup0xs.gif

I've gotten this a lot as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't know if this means anything...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: roll_percent() in /home/neopets/public_html/footer.inc on line 316

That message appears at the bottom of the page instead of the usual "Contact Us" and "Help" links.

PS -- it ony appears for the underage account. I guess I don't miss what's not there after all. Is this how TNT is working around the adware problems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:56 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

background_noise wrote:
I don't know if this means anything...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: roll_percent() in /home/neopets/public_html/footer.inc on line 316

That message appears at the bottom of the page instead of the usual "Contact Us" and "Help" links.

PS -- it ony appears for the underage account. I guess I don't miss what's not there after all. Is this how TNT is working around the adware problems?

I keep having that on every page I go except the games room wonder why? o_O

EDIT: Now it only appears when i'm in the game room. What's up with that?

? days left until the Revolution comes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Are you using an underage account? I maintain an account for a 10-year-old, and I play an over-13 account for myself. The 10-year-old's account has the "Fatal Error" problem but the over-13 account doesn't.

PS -- everything displays for the underage account except the footer that begins with "THIS PAGE CONTAINS PAID ADVERTISEMENTS", has a Flash ad, and has the important legal notice "NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2005. ® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved." and the links "PRIVACY POLICY | Safety Tips | Contact Us | About Us | Press Kit | Bookmark Us" and "Use of this site signifies your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions" -- looks as if the Flash ad is the problem.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]