Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:17 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Chaud wrote:
yeezy wrote:
Chaud wrote:
yeezy wrote:
hey guys.. i'm so devastated... i was playing insane mode for weeks.. and i died in the last round. king terask the second time. :cry:
He was down to 1300+ hit points when the slow potion stop working.. and i was running out of it as well.. tried to run away when i still have 3 members left.. but then died one by one.. :cry: i don't know if i want to start the game all over again.. arghh.. those that finish the game on insane level.. any tips for the last round???

:o I'm so sorry! That's why I'm not ever playing insane in case I die: I'll be madly despressed!

Thank you.. I don't know if i dare to spend my time that way again. Anyone know when they will stop giving out the weapons after completing the game?

If they do stop giving out weapons then the prices of them will shoot up, but hardly anybody will play the game anymore.

unless you're a trophy collector! For terask I plan on saving up as many slowing potions I can from haunted woods onward so that if I run out of coma potions I'll have back up potions that work almost as well.

Honk Honk Honk $#%#$% honk hooooonk.

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

atomicblonde wrote:
Alex wrote:
Ok, I've got the first three chapters. I wasn't able to get the last two - if anyone else knows where I can find a copy to add, please PM me.

http://www.angeltowns2.com/members/lost ... guide.html

If it's okay with you I'll replace that in the links and add IDNQ too. ^_^

Go for it :)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

cap wrote:
Chaud wrote:
yeezy wrote:
Chaud wrote:
yeezy wrote:
hey guys.. i'm so devastated... i was playing insane mode for weeks.. and i died in the last round. king terask the second time. :cry:
He was down to 1300+ hit points when the slow potion stop working.. and i was running out of it as well.. tried to run away when i still have 3 members left.. but then died one by one.. :cry: i don't know if i want to start the game all over again.. arghh.. those that finish the game on insane level.. any tips for the last round???

:o I'm so sorry! That's why I'm not ever playing insane in case I die: I'll be madly despressed!

Thank you.. I don't know if i dare to spend my time that way again. Anyone know when they will stop giving out the weapons after completing the game?

If they do stop giving out weapons then the prices of them will shoot up, but hardly anybody will play the game anymore.

unless you're a trophy collector! For terask I plan on saving up as many slowing potions I can from haunted woods onward so that if I run out of coma potions I'll have back up potions that work almost as well.

Yeah, and I rather am. My friend saved the corrode potionsfor faerieland bosses so he had typoon potions for Terask II lol. I used all my corrodes on the four faeries (they were quite easy though at level 47), then restocked for Hubrid. Hubrid killed ROhane so I fled, running back down the tower :x That was a LONG walk up and down....for nothing. I had no potions for the Esaphoger (too much of a fuss to go back to the house), but he was easy anyway.

I like pickles, I like cheese, I like climbing lobster trees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

cap wrote:

Terask I isn't hard. I hardly used any potions on him. However, I do strongly advise you to save up your damage potions for Terask II since the faerie before him only sell one kind.

If you're unlucky (like I was the first time around), Terask II will repeatedly stun and mezmerise Velm (and Terask II can do over 100 HP of damage and that's not even a critical attack!), basically finishing him off in around 10 rounds of the first stun. However, not all is lost, depending on when Velm dies. With work you can take Terask II down 1,000-2,000 HP before the rest of your members are slowly wittled away. You will basically survive on healing potions, so stock up. The last faerie doesn't carry that wide of a variety and you can only carry 20 of each kind, so don't go selling your lower level healing potions!

The good thing was, I ran into a bit of luck fighting Terask II the second time. None of my party died. After carefully calculating each move, I managed to defeat him under 30 minutes (real time, forgot to look at the game time). Towards the end, he had me worried with constant shields and my supply of Hurricane Potions was dwindling. I also recommend hasting Velm with a potion and not just Mipsy's Group Haste. Even if Velm doesn't need to heal or put up shields (I highly recommend keeping shields up at all times or you're in grave risk of taking damage from magic attacks and mezmerisation), he is useful for throwing potions, whether it be damage or slowing.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Last edited by SpiraLethe on Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

SpiraLethe wrote:
cap wrote:

Terask I isn't hard. I hardly used any potions on him. However, I do strongly advise you to save up your damage potions for Terask II since the faerie before him only sell one kind.

If you're unlucky (like I was the first time around), Terask II will repeatedly stun and mezmerise Velm (and Terask II can do over 100 HP of damage and that's not even a critical attack!), basically finishing him off in around 10 rounds of the first stun. However, not all is lost, depending on when Velm dies. With work you can take Terask II down 1,000-2,000 HP before the rest of your members are slowly wittled away. You will basically survive on healing potions, so stock up. The last faerie doesn't carry that wide of a variety and you can only carry 20 of each kind, so don't go selling your lower level healing potions!

The good thing was, I ran into a bit of luck fighting Terask II the second time. None of my party died. After carefully calculating each move, I managed to defeat him under 30 minutes (real time, forgot to look at the game time). Towards the end, he had me worried with constant shields and running and my dwindling supply of Hurricane Potions. I also recommend hasting Velm with a potion and not just Mipsy's Group Haste. Even if Velm doesn't need to heal or put up shields (I highly recommend keeping shields up at all times or you're in grave risk of taking damage from magic attacks and mezmerisation), he is useful for throwing potions, whether it be damage or slowing.

I had used all my typoon potions on terask I :x I was left with only 20 Hurricanes (from lyra) for Terask II. If you have 20 typoons and hurricanes, I'm sure you could take down at least half Terask II's HP. I beat Terask II in 191.1 seconds, with 20 of everything Lyra had to sell. In the end I had:

16 Jhudora's Lifeforce Potion (heal 170)
20 Fyora's Blessing Potion (heal 160)
15 Faerie's Gift Potion (heal 150)
17 Constitution Potion (heal 140)
17 Stamina Potion (heal 130)
5 Vitality Potion (heal 120)
4 Speed of Light Potion (haste 65%)
7 Coma Potion (slow 80%)

Anyway, my party was ALL level 60, but Terask II was still quite hard. He can deal 100+ criticalless damage in one attack, and his renew is annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:39 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chaud wrote:
If you have 20 typoons and hurricanes, I'm sure you could take down at least half Terask II's HP.

I was mostly refering to cap's post about NQ2 on InSaNe mode. You can't take half his HP with just 20 Hurricane potions alone. He has 7,500 HP and he resists quite often, especially when he has shields up. I was lucky (he went without shielding for quite a few rounds) and Mipsy managed to do 200+ damage a few times. That was a blessing. I also used left over potions from other boss fights. I was down to only 7 Hurricane Potions left (back up potions all gone).

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:33 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I wouldn't expect to be able to kill him with just 20 damaging potions That's why I plan on not selling any damaging potions, hasting or healing potions so that win the fight comes I won't have to worry about that.

Also, does shockwave actually affter terask II? I've hit him numerous times with it on evil mode but I wasn't sure if it actually did anything.

And I agree that shields are essential for the fight though I plan on using group haste for the fights before terask to avoid having to use hasting and damaging potions when I don't need to.

See anything fundamentally wrong with my plan?

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:48 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

cap wrote:
I wouldn't expect to be able to kill him with just 20 damaging potions That's why I plan on not selling any damaging potions, hasting or healing potions so that win the fight comes I won't have to worry about that.

Also, does shockwave actually affter terask II? I've hit him numerous times with it on evil mode but I wasn't sure if it actually did anything.

And I agree that shields are essential for the fight though I plan on using group haste for the fights before terask to avoid having to use hasting and damaging potions when I don't need to.

Shockwave doesn't work as well on Terask as it does on other bosses and monsters, but he's not immune to it.

I don't see anything wrong. The rest depends on luck and your actions under the circumstance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

SpiraLethe wrote:
cap wrote:

Shockwave doesn't work as well on Terask as it does on other bosses and monsters, but he's not immune to it.

I don't see anything wrong. The rest depends on luck and your actions under the circumstance.

Yeah, Terask II is a tough one. I had only 20 damage potions cause I wasted all my typoons and corrodes on Hubrid/Terask I. :x

Anyway, I'd reccomend hasting all your party with Speed of Light Potions and slow Terask with a Coma Potion. Also use Mipsy's group shielding if you have it, and use Velm's group shielding too if you have it. Mipsy and Velm's magic (celestial hammer, DD /GDD etc) work better when Terask's Protection of Infinity isn't active. If it's not active, kill him with your magic, while Rohane and Tailina attack. When his protection is on, use the damage potions (Mipsy throw the potions, Velm crushes with staff). If anybody is mesmerized just heal them with Velm (unless Velm is the one mesmerized...then you can't help him). When his damage shield is up, then get everybody to attack normally. Velm's GH helps alot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ouch. Being killed by Terask II on Insane has got to be the ultimate NQ2 nightmare. (At least it's MY ultimate NQ2 nightmare -- I'm leveling up to face Nox on Insane now.)

Quote:
Anyway, I'd reccomend hasting all your party with Speed of Light Potions and slow Terask with a Coma Potion.

Just one thing I'd change about this advice: I'd slow Terask FIRST before I started taking the Speed of Light Potions to maximize the chances of getting that first Slow before his shields go up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

bgryph wrote:
Ouch. Being killed by Terask II on Insane has got to be the ultimate NQ2 nightmare. (At least it's MY ultimate NQ2 nightmare -- I'm leveling up to face Nox on Insane now.)

Quote:
Anyway, I'd reccomend hasting all your party with Speed of Light Potions and slow Terask with a Coma Potion.

Just one thing I'd change about this advice: I'd slow Terask FIRST before I started taking the Speed of Light Potions to maximize the chances of getting that first Slow before his shields go up.

Well that's what personally I did, because almost about everybody's melee haste was maxed out so it was almost impossible for them to not get an extra turn before Terask's. Then I used that turn to do the slowing. He hardly ever resisted, except for a short period when his MR and MD were raised by 30. He only casted his shields 1-3 times in my fight, and I had all potions/magic almost completely useless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:11 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

What level should you be on to fight Anubits?30?35?40?I just got done beating Coltzan and getting a piece of the medallion.

Thats a real snaggle-toothed needlepoint jalopeno! A truly strawberried television!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

kamehameha0 wrote:
What level should you be on to fight Anubits?30?35?40?I just got done beating Coltzan and getting a piece of the medallion.

1. What level are you now?
2. What difficulty are you on?

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:42 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'm planning on ending act 3 at level 40-45. I'm on insane and I think overleveling works really well =P

- Honk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:19 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Don't overlevel too much.

If you do, you may not get the chance to pick up weapons/armour from monsters in the later stages of the game.

Gone, forever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next