Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

No, I am most certainly not colorblind. And those Tulips are green. Not completely green, and certainly not 'true' green, but they're green. I don't know if anyone else sees it or not, but on my computer they're green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: A land full of joy and happiness, and happiness and joy.
amarise wrote:
No, I am most certainly not colorblind. And those Tulips are green. Not completely green, and certainly not 'true' green, but they're green. I don't know if anyone else sees it or not, but on my computer they're green.

I'm sorry, reading that back I can see it may seem like an attack. I was merely trying to say that a most other people took the colour to be white too.

[URL=http://randomness.talonz.com/smf]ImageImage
Set by WIS/Button by TS.
Join a werewolf game! Click here![/URL]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It's no problem. And I know, there were quite a few people who did submit 'white' subtexts. I'm also aware that I was the only judge who had any kind of problem with that. I tend to be more of a literalist, in that I'm looking for things that are exact to the image itself. It's why there's so many judges, so that different people's tastes can be expressed. I also really liked some that others didn't, which is better since the game becomes more fair for everyone. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hm, yes, I can see that those are tinged green, but I think the sig might've been run over with a slight green hue when it was made, rather than the tulips being originally green-ish ^^;

Just a thought, though. They could've been that way in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

_jade_em_ wrote:
Hm, yes, I can see that those are tinged green, but I think the sig might've been run over with a slight green hue when it was made, rather than the tulips being originally green-ish ^^;

Just a thought, though. They could've been that way in the first place.

You'd have to have Robert tell you specifically, of course, but my thinking was they were tinted green in an image program of some sort. (Since most flowers don't come in green. ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:54 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

.:Compact Disk:. wrote:
Pixa wrote:
.:Compact Disk:.
White as snow *fade* Light as air.

I like what you did, except the 'light as air' doesn't seem to fit as well. I don't really understand what is as 'light as air'. Maybe something more relevant would work better.

This is for all the judges:
I was trying to get across how fragile the flower is. That was all I came up with. And to one of the other judges who said that it's not white :roll: Are you colour blind?

:roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

.:Compact Disk:. wrote:
Pixa wrote:

I like what you did, except the 'light as air' doesn't seem to fit as well. I don't really understand what is as 'light as air'. Maybe something more relevant would work better.

This is for all the judges:
I was trying to get across how fragile the flower is.

But no-one would understand that just by reading the subtext. And you're not going to be able to explain that to everyone who sees the sig.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Robert wrote:
Ok guys, submissions are now over. It is time for judging. The judges are to give a review of each subtext, and then post it on the thread. They are also to select 3 people to eliminate from the competition. Since Kyedi didn't submit a subtext, she is automatically eliminated. Judges will have until Sunday October 9 to get their ratings in.

_jade_em_

Scent of a Million Dreams
This is really just hits the 'okay' mark with me. Like Twinkle said, you can't smell the flowers, so it doesn't quite fit. If it was "beauty of a million dreams", I think I'd like it more. The million dreams part is cool, though.

You can really complain all you want about people ragging on you about the white as snow part, but the fact is- even if the flowers are white, they're not pure white like snow. So it doesn't quite fit. I don't like the light as air part either, it doesn't seem to fit much.

.:Requiem:.
Embrace love *fade* And it shall bloom.
I like this one a lot. It fits really well, I think. You went beyond the "ooooh, pretty flowers!" approach, and made the flowers represent more than flowers. I like that.

Amethyst
Gentle melodies....
I don't like this one much, it seems too offtopic. There isn't really music in the sig, and it's not representation like Requiem's either. If you're going to make the flowers represent music, you have to think more outside the box and find a way for it to work.

Ammer
A Vanilla Dream
This one once again hits the okay mark. I like how you used a color other than white to describe the flowers, but vanilla is a food. It makes me hungry more than it makes me want to delve into the beauty of the flowers.

Anoohilator
Love Me.. Love me Not...
This is another okay one. It's on the higher side of the spectrum, though, so that's good. Some people may not understand what it's about though, so points off for that.

Anubis
Tulips -fade out, then in- Nature's Artistry

I like this one a lot. Once again, it goes outside of "oooh, pretty flowers!" and gives the flowers deeper meaning. The words in it are great and very original. Good job.

Atjj
soft.... *fade in* yet masculine *fade out*
I think this one would be perfect for the sig, especially since it's for Robert. It gives another sides to the flowers than just "omg pretty!".

dargonz
One Day, You Too Will Bloom
A bit degrading, eh? :P Other than that, it's okay. Around average for a subtext, I would think, and not incredibly original, but that's a good starting place. :)

Divine
New beginnings are blooming...
I like this one. For the like fifth time I've said it, I'll say it goes beyond the "pretty flowers" approach. I think it would suit Robert well, too, though I have no idea why. Good subtext, though.

DM was on fire!
*fade in* Sweet smell *fade out* *fade in* of the world *fade out and repeat*
Too much fading. And again, like with Jaye's, I don't like the smell part. The readers cannot smell the flowers, so you should describe something they can relate to. :)

Forest_Majesty
*fade in* Breath of Dreams *fade out* *fade in* Scent of Flowers
This one is another okay one. Too much fading, however. And for the third time, the reader cannot smell the flowers. It would be better if you describe something they can see, since sets are visual, not... smellual?

gemma58
"A Natural Elegance"
I have to admit I find this one pretty generic and boring. You need to think more outside the box. It describes the picture well, so that alone gives you a "good" subtext. But it's not extraordinary.

Jamie
It's a pity I have a blocked nose..
I don't like this one, really. It doesn't go on to describe the picture or anything, it really just says Robert has allergies. It does have some potential, though.

Khristian
*Fade in*Black or White*Fade out* *Fade in*Flowers are beautiful
Another okay one. It doesn't talk much about the picture or tulips, just flowers in general. You may have been going for some sort of odd flower equality viewpoint, which does have potential, but it didn't work out well for you this time.

matterbug
Blooming before your eyes.
If the picture was animated, I think this would work better. It doesn't fit really all that well, since what the viewers are seeing is a still image, not blooming. Good attempt, though, and it's not "bad".

paperfacesX022
The sweet reminder of *fade out* *fade in* hope
It's okay. I like it enough. It doesn't really describe flowers in any way, though. It's like me having a picture of a dog and saying "I'm happy" as the subtext. It describes the emotions, but not what's making you emotional. Good try. :)

pattypus
Blooming in the spring... *fade* And flourishing in the summer...
Huzzah! Non excessive fading! *high five* I like it. Describes the flowers and possibly even Robert if you take it in an in depth way like I do (but I'm weird).

sirclucky
Bloomin' Brilliant
It's pretty boring, I think. Generic. To do well in this competition, you have to think very originally, and this didn't cut it for me.

Stephanie
*fade in* A field of flowers......*fade out* *fade in* a field of dreams
Love it. It takes the dream approach a lot of people took, but you also described the flowers in it. Good job, hope to see one this nice next time.

Sweet Pea
Purity in the Form of Simple Tulips
A bit boring, and not very original. However, I like how you used good descriptive words to capture the emotion you want to capture. It's okay, but okay is good this early in the competition.

the_dog_god
Nature's gift to man...
I like this one. Describes the sight as a whole, instead of focusing on just the flowers. If that makes sense. All that matters is I like it. I think.

VeraX
A white mystery
It's okay. Not the most original, but it works. I wish you would use a different word than white, though. The word 'white' is just so generic to describe all the hues and colors that make up the flower.

Wind
Sweet beauty
Again, it's pretty generic. But I like the use of the word 'sweet'. It takes the place of more generic words like 'good' or 'nice'. Beauty isn't not the best word you could have used, though- I think "Sweet elegance" or something like that would work better.

Again, Judges choose 3

Khristian, Jamie, Amythest.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, we got all the ratings in, before the due date! Nice! The three people who cannot participate in the next round are:

Amethyst, Jamie, and sirclucky

I will try to post the next round, but I am about to leave for Thanksgiving dinner, so it may not be up until tomorrow. Sorry.

On a side note, Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Robert wrote:

Thank you. :) :P

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving dinner! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:33 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Robert wrote:
Well, we got all the ratings in, before the due date! Nice! The three people who cannot participate in the next round are:

I will try to post the next round, but I am about to leave for Thanksgiving dinner, so it may not be up until tomorrow. Sorry.

Wooot! Go cannies! ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:
Robert wrote:

Wooot! Go cannies! ;D

I second that. xP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Round 2

You have until Wednesday October 12th to get your subtexts in. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:44 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Robert wrote:

Thanx. :)

"Oh Howie, your such a beefcake"

Terrificly gorgeous set by Jaye
Current Favourite Song: "Stars" - Tatu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

In a Blue Mood

Had to do it before anyone else. :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 28  Next