Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

pattypus, you probably didn't realize, but your subtext is very similar to matterbug's. He had posted his first, so if you would like to change it you still have time. Again, I'm sure you didn't even realize :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Robert wrote:
pattypus, you probably didn't realize, but your subtext is very similar to matterbug's. He had posted his first, so if you would like to change it you still have time. Again, I'm sure you didn't even realize :P

:o It... is...

I'll go and change it now. Thanks. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Note: I am changing my subtext to:

Bloomin' Brilliant

edit: You saw nothing here 0:)

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

This is just a note to say that I'm changing my sub text a second time. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: A land full of joy and happiness, and happiness and joy.
Note: My subtext has been edited.

[URL=http://randomness.talonz.com/smf]ImageImage
Set by WIS/Button by TS.
Join a werewolf game! Click here![/URL]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Tulips -fade out, then in- Nature's Artistry

-smacks self-

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ok guys, submissions are now over. It is time for judging. The judges are to give a review of each subtext, and then post it on the thread. They are also to select 3 people to eliminate from the competition. Since Kyedi didn't submit a subtext, she is automatically eliminated. Judges will have until Sunday October 9 to get their ratings in.

_jade_em_

Scent of a Million Dreams

.:Compact Disk:.
White as snow *fade* Light as air.

.:Requiem:.
Embrace love *fade* And it shall bloom.

Amethyst
Gentle melodies....

Ammer
A Vanilla Dream

Anoohilator
Love Me.. Love me Not...

Anubis

Atjj
soft.... *fade in* yet masculine *fade out*

dargonz
One Day, You Too Will Bloom

Divine
New beginnings are blooming...

DM was on fire!
*fade in* Sweet smell *fade out* *fade in* of the world *fade out and repeat*

Forest_Majesty
*fade in* Breath of Dreams *fade out* *fade in* Scent of Flowers

gemma58

"A Natural Elegance"

Jamie
It's a pity I have a blocked nose..

Khristian
*Fade in*Black or White*Fade out* *Fade in*Flowers are beautiful

matterbug
Blooming before your eyes.

paperfacesX022
The sweet reminder of *fade out* *fade in* hope

pattypus
Blooming in the spring... *fade* And flourishing in the summer...

sirclucky
Bloomin' Brilliant

Stephanie
*fade in* A field of flowers......*fade out* *fade in* a field of dreams

Sweet Pea

Purity in the Form of Simple Tulips

the_dog_god
Nature's gift to man...

VeraX
A white mystery

Wind
Sweet beauty

Again, Judges choose 3

Last edited by Robert on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think it's photobucket that's having a problem, but just in case, am I the only one who can't see photobucket images? I remember what it looks like, so if it's not back up soon I can judge them, but I'd rather wait so I can do a more accurate judging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Okay, this round I was looking for an elegant, poetic feel to match the image and originality. I hope I don't offend anyone with my ratings but it's just a personal opinion.

_jade_em_
Scent of a Million Dreams

Hm. I'm in two halves for this one. I love that you've incorporated the fact that tulips smell nice but the reader obviously can't smell them! It just needs something more.

I do like it but I don't quite see how tulips are as light as air! It does have potential though.

Love it. At first I was unsure but it grew on me. Ha ha. I just think it sets the poetic mood of the sig so well done!

Amethyst
Gentle melodies....

I really do not understand this one. I can't see how you've linked the Sub-text to the signature at all.

Ammer
A Vanilla Dream

I like the fact that you've used vanilla rather than the usual snowy or white etc. It's nice.

Anoohilator
Love Me.. Love me Not...

Hm. I'm not sure. I still don't think it fits. Plus I think it's really ordinary.

Anubis

Yes, it's nice. Nothing much else to say really.

Atjj

I do like this one. You've incorporated the image and the owner of the sig (Robert) which is something that not many of the others did. I like!

dargonz

Beautiful. I love it.

Divine

A little ordinary but it fits well.

DM was on fire!

I really think the fade is unneeded in here. The sig is pretty simple and the subtext should be too. The fade just over complicates things.

Forest_Majesty

I like it but I think it would have sounded nicer if you had just swapped the phrases around. It does make sense the way you put it but my personal opinion is that it would have had a nicer ring to it the other way around.

gemma58
"A Natural Elegance"

It's okay but not much more than that. It fits well but I'm looking for something a little different.

Jamie
It's a pity I have a blocked nose..

Hm. On one hand I don't think that a humourous subtext fits with the overall look of the sig but on the other, it's a rather feminine sig to be used by Robert. It does put a new twist on things though. I'm very unsure.

Khristian

I don't know about you but I've never seen a black flower. XD Maybe "Any Colour" would have made more sense.

matterbug

Again, it's okay but not much else.

paperfacesX022

I said this to DM but I think that you've complicated things by adding in a fade. I'm not keen on it really. Even without the fade, I don't think it would fit in well with the image used.

pattypus

I adore this one. Good job because I can't fault it!

sirclucky
Bloomin' Brilliant

I'm not keen on it. It doesn't fit in with the overall look of the sig.

Stephanie

Nice. A little ordinary but nice!

Sweet Pea

Lovely, but don't forget, it's a subtext not a title and there's not much need for the capitalisation. XD

the_dog_god
Nature's gift to man...

I like it a lot! I love the way you've incorporated the feminine signature to the masculine owner. Nice.

VeraX
A white mystery

Again, it's okay but I am looking for something different.

Wind
Sweet beauty

Hm nice. Simple but cute. Again a little ordinary though.

I hate this part!!

Eliminations : Amethyst, Jamie and sirclucky Sorry!

It's coming...

Last edited by Twinkle on Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Imageshacked for you. :)

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Judges Notes:
An overall good first round. We had some very good ones, and some very plain ones. You have to remember, plain will only get you so far, it is the people who are original, who will win. On another note, please don’t take any of the rating personally. These are only my opinions on your subtexts, not on you.

_jade_em_
"Scent of a Million Dreams"

I like it, I think it fits, mainly because I feel the set has a dream like quality to it. Good job.

Hmm, I don’t know how I feel about this. It is an alright set, the white part is good, but the light as air, I’m kind of on the fence with that one.

I like this one. It fits well with the poetic, dreamy tone to the signature. Nice job.

Amethyst
Gentle melodies....

I don’t get how this one fits at all. I just really don’t see it. Sorry.

Ammer
A Vanilla Dream

Mmm, vanilla is my favourite. The dream part is excellent, and I liked how you used an original word for white. Excellent work!

Anoohilator
Love Me.. Love me Not...

I don’t really feel this one. I just don’t think it fits all that well. It has the poetic feel, like the signature, but I don’t think it links too well.

Anubis

Its nice. At first I wasn’t too sure about the fade, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Atjj

Excellent work. You are one of the only people to incorporate both the image, the feel of the image, and the owner. Excellent.

dargonz

I don’t really like this one. It isn’t bad, but I just can’t see it working on this signature. Sorry

Divine

This is ok, nothing special, but it isn’t bad.

DM was on fire!

I like the sweet smell part, and the fades, but the ‘of the world’ part, I am a bit on the fence. It just doesn’t seem to fit right for me.

Forest_Majesty

This is nice. I like the fading, but I think it may have sounded better if you switched the parts around. It sounds better as ‘Scent of Flowers… Breath of Dreams’. Still, a nice job.

gemma58
A Natural Elegance

I like this one. Got the flowers, and the feeling of the signature all into 3 words. Good work.

Jamie
It's a pity I have a blocked nose.
I get where you are coming from, but I don’t think this fits at all. It doesn’t fit the mood, or the feel of the signature. Sorry

Khristian

Ok, I see the ‘white’ and the ‘flowers are beautiful’ parts, but I don’t know where you got the ‘black’ part. The subtext is nice, I just don’t think it is the best for this signature.

matterbug

This is nice. There is nothing special about it, but there is nothing wrong with it either.

paperfacesX022

I like this one. It has the poetic feel of the signature, and the poetic feel of the flowers. Great job!

pattypus

This is nice, and it fits well with the signature. Good work!

sirclucky
Bloomin' Brilliant

I don’t really like this one. It sounds to me as if you are trying to put a humorous tone on your subtext. Well, the subtext fits with the image of the signature, but I don’t think it fits with the mood at all. It wouldn’t work, I don’t think. Sorry.

Stephanie

When I saw this, I really liked it. I still do, it fits in well and I think captures the signature. Nice work!

Sweet Pea

I like this one. The dreamy effect of the signature could also be seen as an almost ‘pure’ feeling, so I think this fits really, really well. Good work!

the_dog_god
Nature's gift to man...

It is an alright subtext. Again, there is nothing special about it, nothing bad about it either though.

VeraX
A white mystery

I like it. It has that poetic feel to it that I think really fits with the signature. Nice work.

Wind
Sweet beauty

This just seems really plain and really ordinary to me. Sorry.

I nominate sirclucky, Jamie and Amethyst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

_jade_em_
- Scent of a Million Dreams
This is very pretty. =] I can see how you related to the sig with the scent part. However, perhaps a thousand would work better than a million. Dont ask me why, I just think so.

.:Compact Disk:. - White as snow *fade* Light as air.
White as snow... so far so good, it was kinda blotched at the Light as Air part. I dont see that it's very revelant, it's not implied... I'm just not so sure about the second part.

.:Requiem:. - Embrace love *fade* And it shall bloom.
Wow, that's pretty. Too bad I shall tell Robert you can only participate until a certain one cause YOU'VE ALREADY WON ONE SILLY! :P The subtext is still very pretty though.

Amethyst - Gentle melodies....
There isn't a very direct connection made between the subtext and the signature. There is a vauge connection, in which, I think, you're referring to the tulips as gentle. This would be pretty, if it had just fit a bit more.

Ammer - A Vanilla Dream
This is pretty, but I think it would work better, if the signature is a bit more hazyish. A suggestion from me, is to replace Vanilla with Fragrant.

Anoohilator - Love Me.. Move me Not...
I think a fade is in order here, between the two sentences. But also, I like the different spin you have taken on it, even though I cant imagine anyone doing that with a tulip... it's still pretty neat.

Anubis - Tulips -fade out, then in- Nature's Artistry
This is good, the fade is very effective here. The second part is very nice, I thought nature would be overused here, but it's not. The artistry gives a very nice image. Good job. :)

Atjj - soft.... *fade in* yet masculine *fade out*
I'm not so sure where you have the masculine part from, but I dont think it fits in very well. Soft and beautiful? Soft and elegant? Anything that's another one of the tulip's tributes, would work better than masculine.

dargonz - One Day, You Too Will Bloom
I think this is very pretty, and I'm not going to be picky about the capitalization because most people use Redensek, or Silkscreen, and you can often not tell the difference on those. :P This can fit perfectly under Robert.

Divine - New beginnings are blooming...
Pretty, its very good, because I dont know if you meant to do this or not, but I think you were referring to spring. The whole thing comes together well if you've got spring and tulips clicked in your mind.

DM was on fire! - *fade in* Sweet smell *fade out* *fade in* of the world *fade out and repeat*
I'm not so sure if 'world' fits very well here. It just doesn't suit it somehow in this particular wording. That's about all I can say.

Forest_Majesty - *fade in* Breath of Dreams *fade out* *fade in* Scent of Flowers
This reminds me of the game, Breath of Fire. :P But um, this is good. Pretty, and if it were up to me, I would reverse the order. So Scent of flowers comes first.

gemma58
- "A Natural Elegance"
This is good, its very simple, and captures the signature well. Because this is a simple signature... and simple signatures need simple subtexts or they would not be simple anymore. :P

Jamie - It's a pity I have a blocked nose..
There is some extent of humor on these type of signatures, and I'm glad you didn't cross it. This is one of those cute thingies that when you read, makes you smile. :)

Khristian - *Fade in*Black or White*Fade out* *Fade in*Flowers are beautiful
I'm a bit iffy on this one, but I will let it go, as there are purple flowers, and that kind've counts as black. Its good that you've actually put the first part in, then faded before 'Flowers are beautiful', otherwise, it'd sound stupid.

matterbug - Blooming before your eyes.
I'm not so sure about the before your eyes part... It would be good, if the first word weren't blooming. But rather an adjective that describes the flower.

paperfacesX022 - The sweet reminder of *fade out* *fade in* hope
Sounds pretty, sounds cliche, sounds like a subtext. :P

pattypus - Blooming in the spring... *fade* And flourishing in the summer...
If it does flourish in the summer (not so sure about these things >_<), then it would work well. It doesn't need the '...'s because you have a fade there. That's about all I can say besides good job. :P

sirclucky - Bloomin' Brilliant
I'm not so sure about this one. It sounds a bit too... I dont know, I just cant imagine it there on the signature...

Stephanie - *fade in* A field of flowers......*fade out* *fade in* a field of dreams
Same thing as I said to paperfaces. It sounds pretty and cliche. I like how you've used the fade here, it makes the second part more beautiful. Good job. :)

Sweet Pea
- Purity in the Form of Simple Tulips
Again, not going to complain about the captilization. :P This is a good lenth, as there are lots of empty space around the signature. Though purity doesn't sound right here...

the_dog_god - Nature's gift to man...
Hmm, it's not very.... appealing, this one. It isn't a bad subtext, thats not what I meant. I like the different spin, but somehow, it sounds a bit... cant put my finger on it. =\

VeraX - A white mystery
The main thing I would point out, is the mystery part... Mystery? I'm not so sure where that comes from.

Wind - Sweet beauty
Although I would liked it that you elaborated more on this one, but I'm not quite sure how. So just keep it like this, I guess. :P

Eliminate
Atjj, sirclucky, VeraX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:

pattypus - Blooming in the spring... *fade* And flourishing in the summer...
If it does flourish in the summer (not so sure about these things >_<), then it would work well.

I'm aslo not too sure if flowers "flourish" in the summer. I just thought it sounded good. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It figures photobucket comes back up a few minutes after I post. :x Thank you anyway, Pixa. :)

These were amazingly difficult for me to judge. Like Twinkle, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm going for a mix of honesty and constructive criticism. :)

_jade_em_-Scent of a Million Dreams

I'm kind of iffy on this one. The subtext conjures up a lush, ethereal garden, which in itself is fine, except I don't think the picture is all that dreamy. I'd say it's a good subtext, but not a perfect fit.

.:Compact Disk:.-White as snow *fade* Light as air.

It's a lovely subtext, and very poetic. I just have one problem-It's not white. Excepting a few highlights, the flowers are mostly green, which for me gave the subtext more of a "huh?" factor. I think the words are beautiful, but to me they don't apply to the picture.

.:Requiem:.-Embrace love *fade* And it shall bloom.

I like it. The subtext matches the gentle, subtle beauty of the picture. It seems to me you went more for the feel of the sig, rather than the actual subject, which was a good choice.

Amethyst-Gentle melodies....

This is probably my favorite subtexts in the whole set. It makes me think of wind whispering through a lush meadow, and really adds an air of elegance to the sig. The best subtexts are the ones that can evoke emotions from the readers. :)

Ammer-A Vanilla Dream

I have the same problem with this one as I do with Compact Disk's. It's really not white, which is what Vanilla is associated with. However, I do think it matches the mood of the signature.

Anoohilator-Love Me.. Love me Not... -or- Love Me.. Move me Not...

Honestly, I don't know if it was a typo, or if you actually meant for the subtext to say 'Move me Not'. Please let me know which you intended, I'll come back and judge this one later. :)

Anubis-Tulips -fade out, then in- Nature's Artistry

It's a nice subtext, but it feels awkward somehow. I think it's the word 'Artistry', it's just not something that flows very well, in my opinion. Maybe 'Artwork', or just plain 'Art' would flow better. (Or something like 'Natural Art'.)

Atjj-soft.... *fade in* yet masculine *fade out*

To me, the picture really doesn't look masculine. Other people might disagree with me, but I just don't think of flowers in any form as masculine. On another picture, I think this subtext would be fine. I just don't think it works with this one.

dargonz-One Day, You Too Will Bloom

This is basically the middle of the road. It's a fine subtext, and it matches the subject of the picture, but it doesn't jump out at me. It's good, but it could be better.

Divine-New beginnings are blooming...

Good. :) It's poetic, flows nicely, and conjures up images of spring.

DM was on fire!-*fade in* Sweet smell *fade out* *fade in* of the world *fade out and repeat*

Always, always, always be wary of using too many fades. It really lengthens the subtext, and it can make an otherwise fine subtext look awkward. The fades aside, however, I'm not really fond of this subtext either. In and of itself, it's good. It's poetic, (which, as you can tell by now, is a plus for this sig) it's simple, and it flows well. The problem I have with it, is it's such a close-up of the flowers that it doesn't automatically say 'world' to me. I think the picture is something that's more 'here and now' beautiful than 'worldwide' beautiful.

Forest_Majesty-*fade in* Breath of Dreams *fade out* *fade in* Scent of Flowers

Once again, I would advise the use of fades sparingly. I don't think it necessarily detracts from the subtext, but I'm not sure it helps either. I like this subtext, but it's much like _jade_em_'s in that I think it would work better on a picture that's more dreamy.

gemma58-A Natural Elegance

This is another subtext that I love. The words perfectly describe the picture, and the best part is, you kept it simple. The fewer words used to describe a picture, the more powerful those words can be. Well done. :)

Jamie-It's a pity I have a blocked nose..

I understand that you were trying to be unique, since everyone else was going for a more serious subtext in this round. But I just don't think it works. The picture really isn't funny at all, and I don't think any subtext could make it funny. I'm sorry.

Khristian-*Fade in*Black or White*Fade out* *Fade in*Flowers are beautiful

I know I probably sound like a broken record, but the flowers are green. It's really a nice subtext, but with green flowers I think it would be rather confusing.

matterbug-Blooming before your eyes.

It's a good subtext. That's about it. :)

paperfacesX022-The sweet reminder of *fade out* *fade in* hope

I can picture what you were going for, but I think the fading hurts this subtext, rather than helping it. 'Sweet reminder of hope' would have been better, I think. The fading, and the use of the word 'The' at the beginning just makes it too long. However, it's a really pretty idea for this sig.

pattypus-Blooming in the spring... *fade* And flourishing in the summer...

I think you were the one who had 'Blooming into spring', and I really wish you had kept that. I know this was actually a hard sig, and I know you wanted to be descriptive, but it's so long that it actually takes away from the idea you're trying to get across. Both parts are quite good, but it's always better to go for a short subtext.

sirclucky-Bloomin' Brilliant

To me, this seems like it was a funny subtext. However, the picture really isn't funny. The words just don't match the image, I'm sorry.

Stephanie*fade in* A field of flowers......*fade out* *fade in* a field of dreams

I like this. Poetry, once again, that matches the gentle feel of the sig. I'm not certain how I feel about the 'dreams' part, but since the text on those whole fits, it really doesn't matter. :)

Sweet Pea-Purity in the Form of Simple Tulips

I think you tried too hard on this. You were, obviously, going for something pure and simple, but you overdescribed it. The idea is good, the wording needs to be simplified.

the_dog_god-Nature's gift to man...

This is another one I like. You avoided mentioning the flowers altogether, and went right for the mood of the image. Good job. :)

VeraX-A white mystery

I'm gonna harp on it again. The Tulips were probably white, but now they're green due to the recoloring. My other problem is, this really isn't a 'dark and mysterious' picture, although I can see how someone would view it as such. Once again, it's a great subtext, it's just not right for this picture.

Wind-Sweet beauty

Ahh. Short and simple, mentions the fragrance and the beauty of the flowers, and matches the image. Another good one.

My advice, to all of you, is to keep your subtexts as simple as possible. I know describing something can be hard, but a two-word subtext will almost always read better than a 4-line poem. (At least to me.)

My votes go to .:Compact Disk:., Jamie, and sirclucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

WIS wrote:
Divine - New beginnings are blooming...
Pretty, its very good, because I dont know if you meant to do this or not, but I think you were referring to spring. The whole thing comes together well if you've got spring and tulips clicked in your mind.

Yes, I was thinking of spring when I came up with that :D.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next