Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:15 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

This small wait in nothing compared to the wait of the people who mapped out thier temple in the first few days of it's existance. That was like ... two weeks?

The plot seems pretty evenly spaced to me. Luckily, people are also catching up to wait with the rest of us!

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
Actually, I was REALLY GLAD for the delay after the temple, what with the hurricane I totally missed out on THREE WEEKS of the plot while the power and cable was out.

I missed out on gathering sand totally, but I did get my temple mapped out and statue and prophesy and password into the repository in enough time to pull a dozen stones from the scroll repository. I think they're delaying to let people catch up. People who probably weren't interested in the plot at first but then noticed 60+ threads worth of jaw-jacking regarding it. If forum traffic was an indication of a plot's success, this one has been a winner so far.

Yeah, you're cranky because the next clue hasn't come out or been discovered yet, but like they say in prison, if you /really/ didn't like it, you wouldn't complain so much. Really this has been a cool plot, and the waiting is only slow torture because we're all so wrapped up in it.

Oh, and I cede the plot satire contest to Elric who is the original spoofer and got everyone started doing it anyway. I might cabbage on to her other thread and add my own silly stuff to it, though. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:39 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

well, i have been having problems with the plot, althought now i know what i have to do.

i JUST finished mapping my caves, i just hope they delay the plot end so that i have time in finishing it.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/ ... etsmap.jpg

i only have 2 tablets, i think i'll pull an all nighter just in case it ends too soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:43 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Kess wrote:
Actually, I was REALLY GLAD for the delay after the temple, what with the hurricane I totally missed out on THREE WEEKS of the plot while the power and cable was out.

I missed out on gathering sand totally, but I did get my temple mapped out and statue and prophesy and password into the repository in enough time to pull a dozen stones from the scroll repository. I think they're delaying to let people catch up. People who probably weren't interested in the plot at first but then noticed 60+ threads worth of jaw-jacking regarding it. If forum traffic was an indication of a plot's success, this one has been a winner so far.

Kess, I missed out because of the hurricanes too! If you don't mind my asking, where are you? I'm in Louisiana, but wasn't without power, water or phone for nearly that long. We are still cleaning up and repairing damage.

Solving the Master Vex avatar! Please share your screenshot. Punchbag Sid Tracking Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Don't give up so easy Kess. Oh well.

stampsyne does have a good point about the even spacing. I loved the time since it gave all us crazy theorist time to theory. My favorite part of that was wanting to work up equations for the furniture production. Like many, I hated the MI polt because I felt it went too quick and left those of us out of the mainstream high and dry. Sure, the waits are killer but when we do get something, it is always a fun and easy task. I love the even spacing since I'm stressing all day at school if I missed something (note the priorites). I couldn't wait to get home to move more sand. I would walk into my Calc or Phys class and just count the minutes until I could get out and see what I missed. (Going to Physics help prove that we are moving close to c since we experience time at a different rate than TNT).

Okay! Enough of the same old half-hearted statement. Now we get the whole-hearted rally cry!

Rah! Rah! Ra! (pun) Go PPT go! We will smash this plot or get cugdeled trying! Defeat to our enemies! Victory to the republic! (Hey, since when is PPT a democray. A joke for people that know the difference in the terms). Hail Brittania! Qapla! You get burning! Generic encouragement!

PS: Is PPT a democray or republic? It seems like an oligarchy since the mods are in charge of the proletariat.

PPS: Why is the Lost Desert still lost if we have a giant plot going on it it right now?

PPPS: Okay. If Neopia is one big world, why don't we have more international cooperation from the different states? Also on that note, why aren't their more states with their own issues. The closest thing is the Meridell-Brightvale-Darigan situation. I agree with whoever mentioned this thousands of splits ago, but I would love to see Qasala as a new area/state.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
I think it is a little frustrating to work in a mad rush to solve things when they are released, only to sit and wait while watching others come along and simply follow what you've figured out for them. But it seems from the way Donna described the rewards in the editorial, that they are also trying to allow for that and see that those that finish certain tasks first will receive a greater reward. I'm ok with that and only hope to be online when things are first released as often as I can.

Exactly, and remember, people who are just starting now missed out on the sand digging and the block moving, so there's no way they can get as many "points" as those who complete every step. I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote:
As far as the other debate, regarding whether or not TNT is over their deadlines, well, honestly we have no idea when or what those deadlines are / were.

Exactly, again. Maybe they're late. Maybe they're early. There's no way any of us could know. They could be intentionally giving people time to catch up right now. Everyone needs to chill and stop acting like the plot is ruined just because it's been a few days. And furthermore, maybe the next clue HAS been released and no one's found it yet because we're all just sitting around waiting for more messages from the Rukis -- ever consider that?

On a final note, I know this probably makes me sound like a party pooper, but I am getting sick of the jokes and parodies -- especially the ones that try to trick us by looking plausible (I'm thinking of the "hey, you can get scrolls out of the temple now; go do it!"). I come to this thread for information on how the plot is progressing, not a lot of poo jokes and doctored pictures. I'm not a mod, so I can't make anyone do anything, but I really wish people would confine that stuff to a separate parody thread.

Post subject: Rukis
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:27 am 

Hi,

I've been lurking for a little while and decided to try putting 'ruki' into the search on neopets. There was a ruki population survey scroll there:

Name : Ruki Population Survey Vol. 5
Weight : 1 lbs.
Rarity : 90
Cost (approx) : 0 NP

Here you could wander with no end in sight.

I don't know if it means anything, but thought I'd put it here anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:40 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Hmm, not sure if this means anything or not, but I can access the Repository even though I'm not completely done with my tablet. Perhaps they're givin us really slow people a chance to get in on it if we cant really catch up. Jus thougts . . .

Not your typical, better than your average.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:52 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Da Duchess wrote:
Hmm, not sure if this means anything or not, but I can access the Repository even though I'm not completely done with my tablet. Perhaps they're givin us really slow people a chance to get in on it if we cant really catch up. Jus thougts . . .

You don't have to be done with your tablet to access the Repository. Just have to have read the scroll with the symbol on your faerie statue and said the correct phrase to the guards. As to catching up I think PPT has an excellent guide to getting the clue parchments for each piece of the tablet...."if only I discovered it sooner XD" I was done by the time I even looked at this site for help....

I wish I had found that out earlier but I was being stubborn and working things out on my own so I had missed out on the sand digging and block removal...

I guess it would have helped if i got a little more motivated when the plot first came out but it just didnt hold my attention XD Ah well...my loss I suppose :p

Post subject: Re: Rukis
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

memyselfandi wrote:
Hi,

I've been lurking for a little while and decided to try putting 'ruki' into the search on neopets. There was a ruki population survey scroll there:

Name : Ruki Population Survey Vol. 5
Weight : 1 lbs.
Rarity : 90
Cost (approx) : 0 NP

Here you could wander with no end in sight.

I don't know if it means anything, but thought I'd put it here anyways.

That is one of the 12 scrolls, that are available as items (where are they TNT?) Only a few people have actually found scrolls as items.

They have been used in the plot to find out what to say to the guards at the Repository.

For example: Ruki Population Survey Vol. 5 - has the Saf symbol - the phrase for the guard would be: "I'm here with the royal census. You're not a Ruki! Get out of my way!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The scrolls are an interesting feature of this plot. They have not been actually needed (as in you DO NOT need to own them) but you need the information from them (which can be found by searching in the side bar) so they are critical, but you don't need to buy them. MUCH better than the Uni Morphing Potion needed to free Jhudiah in the last plot *icky*

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:08 am 

I was more interested in the little message that the scroll page had at the bottom of it

"Here you could wander with no end in sight"

Could that mean something to do with the plot or am I just grasping at straws??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:11 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elric wrote:
Oh, and I'm an American, which means I have the right to be angry with whatever I want.

I'm a Singaporean and i have the right to pretend that i'm law abiding..i never *cough* jaywalk. :D

I think the plot will come along in it's own time. i'd rather they do a good job even if i have to wait a while instead of them doing a horrible job which is fast. I've been around since the first Lost Desert war and i find that this is the funnest plot yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

memyselfandi wrote:
I was more interested in the little message that the scroll page had at the bottom of it

Every scroll has a description that corresponds to a land of Neopia.

At the moment no use has come from the description, but who knows if we need them in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:01 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Daze wrote:
memyselfandi wrote:

Every scroll has a description that corresponds to a land of Neopia.

At the moment no use has come from the description, but who knows if we need them in the future.

dunno... it was concluded in a few boards back that the descriptions are clues as to which library the scroll would be found, be it astral, maze or river.... ....the Faux Finishes scroll not withstanding...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next