Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: PinkPT Subtext King/Queen 4---Congrats TDG
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Introduction

Yep, that’s right, number 4 is going to start. AE has passed the reins to me, but the competition will remain the same.

Information

Every round, I will present you with a signature with no subtext. It will then be your job to think of a creative and unique subtext that goes with the signature. (You do not have to edit my signature with your subtext on it) Then, the judges will give comments on each subtext, and choose who will not be able to participate in the next round. The last contestant remaining will be crowned with the title of PPT Subtext King/Queen. One round lasts 5 days. Contestants receive 3 days to enter their subtexts, then judges get 2 days to judge.

Rules

1. Your subtext must be 100% your own. Stealing someone else's will result in you being disqualified. Quotes have been iffy in other competitions, so this time no quotes from any song, movie, famous person ect.

2. Every post in this thread must be contest related.

3. Only contestants and judges may post.

4. Post something to do with oranges when you sign up, so I know you have read these. Any signup that doesn't have anything to do with oranges will not be counted.

5. If you are going to miss a round, contact me before hand and we can work something out. If you do not submit anything for the round, you are disqualified

6. I have the right to remove any judge or contestant, if I feel it's needed.

Signups

To sign up, please post on the thread that you would like to play. Remember, if you sign up, you will have to participate or you will be disqualified.

FAQ

Q: Can I submit a signature for the contest?
A: Yep! Just PM it to me. You can use it after the round is done as well. If you want to use one of the subtexts suggested for the signature, though, you'll have to PM the person who suggested it asking their permission.

Q: Can I use one of the sets from the contest?
A: If it is ok with the person who made it, sure. If you want to use one of the subtexts, please ask the author.

Q: How many contestants are allowed, and how do I sign up?
A: I will not put a limit to the number of contestants. However you will have to sign up before October 4.

Q: How many judges are allowed and how do I sign up?
A: I will need about 4 other judges. If you would like to judge, send me a PM explainging why you would make a good judge. I don't want a three page essay, but more than "CaN i plz be juge i juge gud!!!!1!!"
No more Judges are needed. Thanks to everyone who offered to help :)

Q: Can I donate any money towards the prizes?
A: Only if you really want to.

Prizes

Winner 55,000 Neopoints
2nd Place 12,000 Neopoints
3rd Place 7,000 Neopoints
Everyone Who Participates 2,000 Neopoints

Previous Winners

PPTSKQ -- Robert2100
PPTSKQ2 -- Twinkle
PPTSKQ3 -- .:Requiem:.
PPTSKQ4 -- TDG

Judges
Robert
amarise
Bangel
WIS
Pixa

Contestants
the_dog_god

Last edited by Robert on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:37 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'll try this again....

Ack, sorry! My friend MSNed me just as I was typing this!

Orange flavor is good^^

Last edited by Amethyst on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'll sign up for this, but I'll probably be very bad at it. Wow Requiem won the last one!! =O

I love orange juice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yay, interest :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Divine wrote:
I love orange juice.

I hate orange juice ._.

But I'll sign up ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I love orange juice!

I participated in the first PPTSKQ and came in second I believe and I was a Judge on the second PPTSKQ so might as well see how far I get again as a contestant!

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Robert, I'll sign-up.

I prefer Tomato juice and a brighty orange-red colour too

Make Your Choice in Reality.

Last edited by gemma58 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: PinkPT Subtext King/Queen 4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Robert wrote:
1. Your subtext must be 100% your own. Stealing someone else's will result in you being disqualified. Quotes have been iffy in other competitions, so this time no quotes from any song, movie, famous person ect.

I won't be participating in this (therefore the lack of comment on oranges), but I would like to point out that this rule can be a little iffy in itself. I've been told 2 or 3 times that my subtext is from various song lyrics. Granted, it's a pretty simple and cliche phrase, but I didn't know it was from a song when I put it on the signature, it felt 'original' if a bit lame. I probably wouldn't have put it in had I known it was from a song (since it's apparently from a song in Lion King II, yuck!). Anyway, just thought I would point this out, then scurry my way out of your contest. ^_^v

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

OMGOMGOMG! EETSBACKEETSBACK! MY favorite competition!

<3 <3 <3 <3

You know I'm in ^^

O(range)...EM....GEE!

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

MyleneFarmer wrote:
Robert wrote:

I won't be participating in this (therefore the lack of comment on oranges), but I would like to point out that this rule can be a little iffy in itself. I've been told 2 or 3 times that my subtext is from various song lyrics. Granted, it's a pretty simple and cliche phrase, but I didn't know it was from a song when I put it on the signature, it felt 'original' if a bit lame. I probably wouldn't have put it in had I known it was from a song (since it's apparently from a song in Lion King II, yuck!). Anyway, just thought I would point this out, then scurry my way out of your contest. ^_^v

That's too bad, since this is actually quite fun. :) (It can also be extremely frustrating, but when you think of a good subtext it's fun. ;) ) I'm not sure exactly what you mean, so forgive me if I misinterpret, but when he says subtext he means the one you think of for your entry, and not the subtext you're using for your current signature. :) Usually, if a person submits a subtext that belongs to someone (or something) else, a judge or contestant will let him know. It's been the custom, and I think it'll probably be that way this time, too, that a person may change their entry as many times as they want before judging begins. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

amarise wrote:
MyleneFarmer wrote:

That's too bad, since this is actually quite fun. :) (It can also be extremely frustrating, but when you think of a good subtext it's fun. ;) ) I'm not sure exactly what you mean, so forgive me if I misinterpret, but when he says subtext he means the one you think of for your entry, and not the subtext you're using for your current signature. :) Usually, if a person submits a subtext that belongs to someone (or something) else, a judge or contestant will let him know. It's been the custom, and I think it'll probably be that way this time, too, that a person may change their entry as many times as they want before judging begins. :)

I understand that you don't use your own signature. ^_- But I didn't know about the custom of judges informing participants that the subtext has been used, so that should cover the my question about the first rule. Now then, I really will scurry on my way and keep out of this. ^_-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

amarise wrote:
MyleneFarmer wrote:
Robert wrote:

By song lyrics, I don't mean you can't use the words 'the love' together, because they have been in how many songs :P . Things like that will be ok, but purposley taking a line from a song, and using it as a subtext will not be taken well. Before time is up, if that happens, someone will inform the person because they probably didn't realise. Thanks for bringing that up though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

For example, on the song thing-

"We all live in a yellow submarine" is not okay.
"Beautiful" is.

If it's unique to a song, and you take it, you'll be eaten. If it's something in some songs, but also stuff you use in real life, you'll still be eaten. But not ousted from the game.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

*sniff* id lvoe to join, but I think im gonna be away from the 6th to the 11th, anyway you think I could work around it? :cry:

Lady Night made me do it :P
Click for Werewolf!
Click for more Werewolf(as well as Role Playing)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

sirclucky wrote:
*sniff* id lvoe to join, but I think im gonna be away from the 6th to the 11th, anyway you think I could work around it? :cry:

Yeah, but you and gemma may want to go through the first post again

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next