Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:25 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I always thought Krawks and Draiks would stay on the list until they were actually deleted. They really aren't deleted when an account is frozen..just..not accessable. =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh, this is awful news. I've been aging avvy petpets on plain old basic pets while zapping them with the ray. Now about 3/6 are painted, and one changed into a kiko. Hopefully I can transfer them to my main just long enough to get the avatar.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I just checked on my friends Darigan Krawk. It's not in the frozen account. It's in an active account, that looks somewhat active...but kinda fishy at the same time. Person says their name is Ashley, but their gender says Male. o.0

All their pets are painted as well. 2 faerie pets, my friends krawk, and a grape chia. The account doesn't look very "rich" I know there's exceptions to that but usually an account that has that many painted pets has like a big shop, and stuff.

I just looked at the account again, persons played zero games. I think it's another stash account to look like an active one that isn't tied to the stuadopter accounts. *glares at the account*

Edit: I said my friend had a Darigan Krawk huh lol :oops: my mistake it's a Draik. College is catching up to me *goes to sleep*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:45 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kaebel wrote:
I just checked on my friends Darigan Draik. It's not in the frozen account. It's in an active account, that looks somewhat active...but kinda fishy at the same time. Person says their name is Ashley, but their gender says Male. o.0

Ashley is a unisex name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:10 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The number of Draiks and Krawks shown on that list only shows how many have been created using draik eggs/krawk petpets (and for draiks, the few that were released). I think the vast majority of draiks and krawks out there were created with morphing potions, so they won't be included in that total - and I'm pretty sure it never goes down, even if pets are frozen/deleted.

Set by Silverstareagle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kaebel wrote:
All their pets are painted as well. 2 faerie pets, my friends krawk, and a grape chia. The account doesn't look very "rich" I know there's exceptions to that but usually an account that has that many painted pets has like a big shop, and stuff.

My account has a maraquan krawk, a tyrannian draik, a desert Kougra (formally a painted Tyrannian Tuskaninny) and then a Tyrannian Lupe. My account is worth squat except for my pets. So I don't really hold much to that statement. I think a lot of peoples goals on the site are based on their pets.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

LaceyJade wrote:
Kaebel wrote:
I just checked on my friends Darigan Draik. It's not in the frozen account. It's in an active account, that looks somewhat active...but kinda fishy at the same time. Person says their name is Ashley, but their gender says Male. o.0

Ashley is a unisex name.

I forgot that I've heard that name attached to a male before. But with the account it would just seem that their profile seems rather, well I guess girly, but it could have just been a mistake when making the account to accidently hit male as well, or could be a guy too, nothing wrong with that :)

ahoteinrun wrote:
Kaebel wrote:

My account has a maraquan krawk, a tyrannian draik, a desert Kougra (formally a painted Tyrannian Tuskaninny) and then a Tyrannian Lupe. My account is worth squat except for my pets. So I don't really hold much to that statement. I think a lot of peoples goals on the site are based on their pets.

I guess I'm just kind of biased because they have my friend's pet. It does strike me as kind of fishy that they don't really seem that active with their account though. =-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't exactly understand how this works.. the auto-adopt person has to know that you will be putting in the said painted pet before setting you as a target right?

If you are transferring and not telling anyone.. I doubt anyone can actually intercept the pet using an auto-refresher? Or am I entirely missing something here? o_O

I've had that experience too.. I was moving a normal pet (can't remember if it was blue or yellow ixi/uni/whatnot) with an aged petpet when it got intercepted.. and I have no idea how they did it. I was slow.. yes.. but I doubt in 2 seconds no one can check the pet's lookup and see that there's a semi-expensive petpet attached to it and then go back to adopt it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

The thing on Neocolours is that with a little searching you can find out just about anyone's Neopets accounts even if they aren't posted directly. With an auto adopter they wouldn't necessarily have to know who you are. They could target specific colors or species or go through the spotlight and gallery winners hunting for people and pets. Without actually having one, or knowing for sure someone isn't just finding people and using Opera or Firefox to autorefresh, it's hard to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:28 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

pencil_ wrote:
I've had that experience too.. I was moving a normal pet (can't remember if it was blue or yellow ixi/uni/whatnot) with an aged petpet when it got intercepted.. and I have no idea how they did it. I was slow.. yes.. but I doubt in 2 seconds no one can check the pet's lookup and see that there's a semi-expensive petpet attached to it and then go back to adopt it!

Chances are if that happened they may just have seen your pet and liked it and decided to adopt it. They may not even have looked at your petpet. I know I never look at pets when I adopt them from the pound... *shrugs* I just adopt them.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:31 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Huggles wrote:
The thing on Neocolours is that with a little searching you can find out just about anyone's Neopets accounts even if they aren't posted directly. With an auto adopter they wouldn't necessarily have to know who you are. They could target specific colors or species or go through the spotlight and gallery winners hunting for people and pets. Without actually having one, or knowing for sure someone isn't just finding people and using Opera or Firefox to autorefresh, it's hard to know.

You mean you can search for a pet.. say.. "tomato chia" and neocolours can churn out which user has that pet? :o

But what I mean is.. the said auto-adopter can't possibly run the program to refresh 24/7/52 and hoping that the painted pet will one day go into the pound?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Why not? You can certainly refresh using Opera for a certain named pet for days at a time. I'm not saying that that's definately what happened, just that it seems likely from the sheer number of pets they adopted in under a week when the petpages were down for quite some time. I can only speculate on how one would work, but it doesn't seem farfetched to have one search for any pet of a certain color or species.

And no, that's not what I meant about Neocolours. Just like here, if you run a search for "tomato chia" you'll come up with various threads where that phrase has been mentioned, and from there it's not hard to find those pets through other links people have posted. Things like adoptions on secondary accounts that may have some link back to the main, or art gallery pictures, NT comics, etc. What appeared to be happening with pets on our forum was that someone was trolling through the adoption boards and intercepting the transfers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:59 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I do have have a bit of knowledge about Auto-Programs and believe me, it's not that difficult to create a auto-adopter. And I believe that's what is adopting all these rare pets. The program work like this ( I think ). It refreshes in the pound and has some sort of a script ( or whatever ) where you can put a list of the pets you want to 'capture'. For example:

Darigan Draik
Grey Ixi
Maraquan Krawk

The persons who use the adopter don't know who was the person who had the pet before. And neopets still don't has anything in the pound that can stop the using of auto-adopters. I hope they fix this fast enought since I also had a pet for adoption and I don't want to lose it for the auto-adopter.

It's sad that persons still do this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:24 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ahoteinrun wrote:
pencil_ wrote:

Chances are if that happened they may just have seen your pet and liked it and decided to adopt it. They may not even have looked at your petpet. I know I never look at pets when I adopt them from the pound... *shrugs* I just adopt them.

But as I said.. the pet is not trained and has lousy stats.. and it's not painted either. And besides, the said person dumped the pet back in less than 30 seconds back to the pound.. after removing the petpet. And the pet has a lousy name too. I purposely looked for some unpopular pets species with bad names so that chances of interception will be much lower.. but still.. it happened.. and I haven't figured out how and why! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

pencil_ wrote:
But as I said.. the pet is not trained and has lousy stats.. and it's not painted either. And besides, the said person dumped the pet back in less than 30 seconds back to the pound.. after removing the petpet. And the pet has a lousy name too. I purposely looked for some unpopular pets species with bad names so that chances of interception will be much lower.. but still.. it happened.. and I haven't figured out how and why! lol

I think the petpet is displayed in the pound along with the pet, so it's easy to see that the pet has an expensive petpet attached. I gather there are people who refresh at the pound looking for pets with petpets attached, adopt the pet, detach the petpet to sell later, then abandon the pet again. It sounds like you ran afoul of one of those.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next