Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Auto-Adopters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This is summarised from the Neocolours livejournal community. A week or so ago, someone was trying to transfer a labbed Darigan scorchio over to a new owner. It was unsuccessful, which isn't unusual, but it ended up bouncing through several accounts with similar names. Other people have also reported losing pets to similar accounts even when those pets names have not been made public. Now there are two account strings, under a week and sometimes just 2 days old, that have amassed a huge quantity of painted pets and rare species.

joj001, joj002, joj004, joj006, joj008, joj009, joj010, joj011, joj012, joj013

stuadopter2, stuadopter3, stuadopter4, stuadopter5, stuadopter6, stuadopter7, stuadopter8 and stuadopter9

Now perhaps there's someone out there spending every waking hour scouring the pound for painted pets, but they've clearly broken the five account limit and it wouldn't be a shock to discover that the majority of those pets were intended as transfers. I'm not sure if this post may have been better suited to the adoption post, but with the recent security problems TNT has had it doesn't seem to be a coincedence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I tried some of those names and they don't exisit anymore. The staff is probably on to them. Maybe they made some sort of program that would let them adopt a pet. I don't know. You'd think after all these years there wouldn't be a way to use a program to do anything on neopets, but people always figure a way to do things. :( Anyway, maybe one day they will make the site foolproof. I hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:59 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently they've all been taken care of now.

But the pets are lost with the accounts, which is unfair. :(

glorious set by neko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I looked them all up about 10 minutes before I posted and they were still around. It's a shame that they didn't bother to at least put the pets back into the pound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:34 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

smudgeoffudge wrote:
I tried some of those names and they don't exisit anymore. The staff is probably on to them. Maybe they made some sort of program that would let them adopt a pet.

Youre right, its called an Auto Adopter. I know because i go to a Cheat Site with a neopets forum. I DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING!!!! I just get the cheaters names and report them. Honest. 0:) Plz belive me.

Saving Up For: Faerie Paint Brush and Everlasting Apple (Approx. Total: 2 Million Neopoints)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:02 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I hope TNT implemented something to help stop the use of bots, because that's just terrible. :x

I keep a "lab rat" pet to give away when it becomes painted. I'd hate to think I was just feeding bots. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Can anything ever exist without someone fidning a way to cheat at it?

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:59 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

.:Requiem:. wrote:
Can anything ever exist without someone fidning a way to cheat at it?

In terms of technology: No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:27 pm 

I lost two painted pets while transfering. A werelupe and a grey meerca to two brand new accounts that ended up with all painted pets as well. They were also transfered to older accounts with a fairly similar name a day or so later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

:x If TNT would have taken care of the problem earlier my friend would still have had her Darigan Krawk. It was one of those accounts that got it too. It was <b>stuadopter</b> with some number after it.

So the accounts are frozen now? :( that's not fair. Is there anyway my buddy can get her pet back from the frozen account? Probably not huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:01 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Probably not, TNT might just tell her that she shouldn't be using the pound to transfer pets, sadly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:08 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kaebel wrote:
:x If TNT would have taken care of the problem earlier my friend would still have had her Darigan Krawk. It was one of those accounts that got it too. It was <b>stuadopter</b> with some number after it.

So the accounts are frozen now? :( that's not fair. Is there anyway my buddy can get her pet back from the frozen account? Probably not huh?

It's worth a try, I know that some people have been helped out in that kind of situation before where tnt know that the account was frozen for good reason. I wouldn't count on it but it is sure worth a try.

I really would recommend that no one transfer painted/limited pets at the moment, the odds are just not good enough right now :/

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The odds really haven't been very good for a while now. From what I've seen people have been using these auto adopters for a few months now, maybe even longer.
I only know this because some people on the Premium Boards were complaining about losing their Draiks, Krawks and whatnot just a few weeks ago.

That's kinda why I tend to transfer my pets really late at night.. moving a Cloud Chomby and Ghost Ixi is scary. ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:18 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just wonder how many krawks and draiks are really active pets? I know the site can tell you how many exist, but how many are on active accounts now? If a krawk or draik is in a frozen account, does it get taken off the list? Right now there is like 9000 of draiks and 2000 something of krawks, but I think it is actually lower than that. Because I know a while back the first thing that anyone who was a hacker or something did was buy themselves a krawk or draik, and then they'd get frozen later. So are those counted in the list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:24 am 

I dunno. Probably less than half of them.

I know I have one (actually two, now) that are. <3 *pets Zalika and Fubuki*

I can WRITE STUFF! YAAAAAY! *runs around like an idiot*

Zalika: ...I don't know her. Really.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next