Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Andy has comfirmed that he is unable to get online for some time until his computer is fixed. In the meantime, I'll be taking care of his character.]

[Of course, Ixistant, though you can start role-playing in the Human world if you really want to start.]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((thanks glass. :D last post, and im off till friday.))

Malea went to her room. She put her bag on the floor next to her bed. Her room mate hadnt arrived yet, so she layed down on her bed. She closed her eyes, and took a short nap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((sorry for not posting so long))
((to lazy to back track :P ))

Aki couldn't help but grin at the site of the hotel. Normaly, such hefty sum of gold would have had him scrambling on all fours to the cheap Motel on the corner by the bar (and not feeling even the slightest regret over the lack of room-service).

...but Maybey this once I'll stay in a big-shot Hotel.

Still a tad-bit dumbstruck over the hotels' interior that sparkled with "fanciness" (or it could have been staring at the crystal chadilier that had him dazed), Aki made a mental note to mention that hotels of this grandure would suck up there money faster than Iaran could steal a potion (hopefuly not one of Aki's bevloved potions).

but still...

It's nice hotel and by the looks of things, I've no choice in the matter, Everyone else has a room.

"So H'up we go!" Chuckled Aki to himself as he took the staris in leaps and bounds, eager to see just what made this hotel worth 10 gold peices and the the 7 coppers of the motels he was used to.

(bad post...GRAHHH!)

Looks like I'm back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Tiherih leaped off the roof of the jeep as it moved away. He paused. Should he lurk around the hotel grounds, or stay in the hotel? Nah. Better lurk, he was used to it. He moved away, around the building, and leaned with his back against the wall of the hotel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:24 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

An annoyed grumble from her stomach promptly woke up Malea. Is it dinner already? she thought, in a daze. Her room mate had not arrived yet. Ah, whatever. Dinner was more pressing at the moment. Malea decided to transform back into a Black Mage. She just somehow did not seem entirely comfortable in her new outfit. Not just yet, anyway. Picking up her Black Mage sphere, Malea lifted it above her head, and beams of cascading light swirled around her. When the transformation was complete, Malea checked herself in the mirror, smiling at the familiar black robes of the Black Mage, then quickly descended down to the restaurant. She slipped into a chair at the table where everyone was seated, and ordered a simple dinner of salad, chicken meatloaf, and iced tea.

"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[About Requiem: she last posted on PPT on the 24th of June. She had the chance to post on Turie again but did not and has not since been online. The decision is up to you, GC.]

Mina glanced at all those squad members present. None of them struck her as particularly interesting or normal and she did not care to learn more about them when they would be squashed up in a jeep. No thank you, she would talk to them later. For now, that lonely corner far away from everyone else at the back looked good.

Squeezing herself into the seat, she realised what a mistake that was. When they got out of the jeep, she would be the last one and might miss out on whatever was going to happen. But it was too late to change seats now: Karmina, the last to get on, moved towards the empty seat next to Mina and the doors were shut. There weren't anymore seats left for Mina to choose again.

Looking straight out the window, she tried not to look at Karmina. Karmina was creepy. She was staring straight ahead at nothing and through everything and everyone. How could someone just look through something solid the way she did? It was like there was no world around her. Mina had a nagging suspicion that even if the Loner Girl looked her way, she wouldn't see her. The feeling of not existing wasn't an exciting proposal to the girl, so Mina continued to stare out the window as best as she could.

Glancing up only once, she noted that Karmina's eyes were red. Had she been crying? Mina glanced away quickly again, unable to believe that this emotionless girl would be able to cry at all. It wasn't that people didn't have feelings, just that Karmina didn't. No one had ever seen Karmina laugh or smile, even less anger or cry. Yesterday was the first time Mina had ever seen her talk to anyone and even then the flickers of emotions were temporary and passing.

The trip to Adaley was not long. True to her predictions, Mina was the last to get off. The bags on the back were her own. She looked up to see the Songstress walk quietly into the hotel with her black bag on her back. Sighing, Mina collected her items.

Although fifty gold pieces was a lot of money, ten gold pieces was also a huge amount. A fifth of their money gone in one night, she realised. If we use it at this rate, it will be gone within five days.

Karmina gave it three days before the money was used up and no hopes whatsoever that anyone would supply them with money. She had too much experience in disappointment and reliance to know that one should not rely on anyone for anything. Most of this had been forgotten in school, but now they were on their own she recalled all this quickly and analytically.

She looked at the hotel with distaste. According to her calculations, they would use twenty gold pieces before they set off on their journey, a whole two fifths of their money. Ten to the lodging and another ten to dinner, breakfast and food supplies for the trip. If the others were as insane as they had the potential to be - she trusted no one but herself on the topic of money - then they might want to stay another night. No, they had to go, and go quickly.

They would obviously have to make plans for tonight. Mind whirring frantically, Karmina was checking in when Mina came up behind her. The concierge smiled politely. "Are you two misses together?" she asked. Karmina looked behind her to see who she was talking about. She didn't recognise the girl, except that she was one of her Squad.

Mina did not like the thought of rooming with this particular girl. True, she was now looking at Mina instead of through, a big improvement. Still, who knew what Karmina did at night? Remembering that she too had her secret movements at night, she felt guilty and blushed a little. There was no one else to room with, everyone else in a different place.

"Do you mind if I room with you?" Mina asked.

Turning back towards the concierge, Karmina said, "We're together."

She got two room keys. Handing one to Mina, Karmina led the way towards their room. Placing the card key on the lock, it shone green and the door opened. Karmina picked the bed nearest the window, as was her custom, and placed her bag by the foot of the bed.

Nice of her not to ask me what I want, Mina thought tartly. At least I got the one closer to the door. Releasing her luggage with relief, she straightened up and wondered what to say now. "Lunch then?" she asked at last. Everyone else was going.

Loner Girl was looking at Mina unblinkingly. "Later," she said quietly. "You go."

Scowling, Mina did go, but not without grabbing her sphere and tucking it safe within the folds of her clothes.

Within the restaurant, she sat at a two-person table, determined not to join anyone. She wasn't sure why she was feeling so anti-social. It's Loner Girl's aura rubbing off on me, she thought ruefully. Iaran and Karmina both exasparated and annoyed her badly. She had had to sit next to one who didn't see anything and although not next to Iaran, she could definitely hear her hyper, light-hearted chatter non-stop the whole way. How did anyone manage to put up with her?

They're both weird, she decided. Ordering a crispy chicken sandwich and a chocolate mousse with a drink of chocolate milk, she settled back into her comfortable chair to enjoy her first time in a posh hotel.

Last edited by Lillie on Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai sat down next to Iaran, and picked up the menu. After reading it from top to bottom again and again for a few minutes, she finally decided on the one she wanted. It had been a hard choice, everything on the list sounded so delicious. She waved the waitress over.

"Lamb chops, please," Menai said politely, "and tomato soup."

"Lamb chops and tomato soup?"

"Yes."

"Only lamb chops and tomato soup?"

"Mm-hm."

"So..." the waitress said, scribbling on her notepad. "It's lamb chops and tomato soup?"

"Yes, that's what I said."

"Anything else?"

"No, thank you."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm quite sure, thanks" Menai snapped.

"Really sure? Wouldn't you want some-"

"I'd like lamb chops and tomato soup! Now please take my order, I'm HUNGRY!"

The waitress finally left at that, and Menai shook her head in amusement and and exasperation. Of all the waitresses that could have come over, she'd had to get one like that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Closing and locking the door, Karmina let out a sigh of relief. Now that her roommate was gone - she still didn't know her name - Karmina could get down to business.

She didn't think the girl would be back soon if she had gone down to lunch, but the Songstress wasn't taking any chances. She would have to work quickly if she wanted to complete what she wanted to do.

Gathering her staff into her hands, she concentrated on the power at the head. With slow, precise movements, she pointed the staff towards the darkest corner of the room and closed her eyes.

A pair of cold green eyes.

It was a vivid image, an image Karmina conjured up with all the memory she could muster. Darken them, she whispered in her mind. Darken them and let not her see the light. Let her not know love. Let her only feel fear, her deepest and darkest desires.

This time it only lasted two minutes. She wanted to save her energy. Still Karmina did not know how effective a Darkness Dance was and she was hungry. There were too many thoughts on her mind to concentrate. She did not feel hatred that day, nor did she have a pure aim.

She would do it later when she learned more about the dance. For now, she would break her rule of normal good diet and stuff herself. There was a lot of work to get done today and it was already noon.

Taking her bag with her again, she hastened down to the restaurant. Her room-mate was eating at a table for two. For a moment, Karmina wondered if she should at least ask the girl's name but decided against it.

There is plenty of time for other things, she told herself as she sat down at a corner table. That can wait.

She studied the menu carefully, calculating the best value for money for all of them. Eventually, she chose a bacon and lettuce salad. Cheap, nourishing and enough energy. Light lunches was her motto, as well as water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, but finally I have a two week break!!!))

Iaran watched the others file in, and smiled happily when her food arrived. Mmm, soup and pie! How yummy!

After she had managed to stuff herself full of her warm delicious lunch, Iaran cleared her throat to make an announcement. "Um, excuse me, everyone. Since we're not at school anymore, and we have such little money, and we're gonna need more.... do you mind if I, er, steal any? I won't take much from people or anything, but do any of you mind if I do that?"

Iaran blushed slightly, she hoped that people wouldn't be offended if she stole money and items. She was a thief after all. "Because I think we should all contribute to this mission as best we can, whether that means in battle, or to do with helping each other out, or purchasing supplies. Because we're gonna need all the help and support that we can get....."

Then, Iaran stood up and excused herself, (she'd pay for the meal when they checked out.) She quietly made her way up to her room, and carefully searched it for any dropped money or items. Smiling happily after 10 minutes of searching, Iaran came out with 16 pieces of gold, a potion and a strange looking book which was locked shut.

Hmm, weird. Oh well, I'll check it out with Elily or Menai later, but for now. I'm having a nap. Iaran carefully lay down on the fluffy hotel bed, and fell into a deep slumber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[BTW, it's late evening. Dinner.]

The waitress brought along everyone's food on a tray, and placed the dishes in front of their respective owners. Elily looked down at her dish expectantly. When Iaran asked about permission to steal, Elily looked back up.

'Well, it's your decision, really. Me, I could use a little extra money,' a light wink followed her statement. The steam wafting out from her soup gently brought her attention to the bowl, and with nothing else left to say, Elily tucked into her dinner.

Dila polished off the last of her meal, smiling in satisfaction. The restaurant certainly can serve decent food. She wondered if she should go out to town and try to steal some more. Dila picked up her two knives and twirled them.

All of a sudden, it happened.

A sudden wave of darkness fogged her vision, slowly, but surely. In a few moments, all she could see was black. Black. Black.

Dropping her knives and collapsing to her knees, Dila frantically shook her head around, trying in vain to rid the stubborn cloud around her eyes. It was no use. Black.

What...was happening? Fear started to take over, as she remembered what happened earlier that day in the woods.

Black. Dila was on the verge of tears by then.

When it finally cleared off, bit by bit, Dila got up and fell back on her bed, breathing hard, but at utmost relief. She was beginning to wonder if she had some sort of chronic disease or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((I am sorry for the delay. I am a little sick, on top of that, we have a new pet, a kitten, which asks attention all the time. Plus I own a cockatiel, so I have to keep an eye on them both. Little irritated right now...))

Merlin sighed deeply when stepping outside. He had folded the letter. It contained few words.. Dire emergency.. We need your help. Already he had wondered why his half-brother had answered this quickly. Simpel, his half-brother didn't knew yet Merlin had made the Squad.

Alas. His brother had mentioned some people of the village going missing. He hadn't mentioned the specifics, sadly.

What worried him more was the location of where this all took place.

'A small village, Al'saran, close to the Forest of the Underworld..'

Coincidence?

Must be.

He retrieved his bags, silently and thinking deeply.

'Must be.'

Still in thought, he faintly heard of dividing the rooms.

'Have to search Andy...'

He cought up with the young man.

"So we end up together."

He followed the youngster up to their room.

((No godmodding intended, but I'm trying to speed things up for Merlin, so he can catch up.))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:22 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((yay! im back! thank you sooo much Glass!!))

Malea sat and ate her dinner. She was very hungery. She saw Iaran stand up and ask if she should take peoples money. some extra money would be nice. She thought. "Go right a head." she said to her. Then she watched as she ran off. She finished her meal, then waited for a little while to see if anyone would say or do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Ooops, dinner, lol))

Iaran sat up in her room, Elily hadn't come back yet. "Oh well," she mumbled to herself, "I'll have to unlock that book by myself."

Grabbing a sharp pin from within her pouch, Iaran expertly slid it into the lock and tinkered around with it. After about a minute, it clicked and unlocked. Carefully opening it, Iaran stared for some sign of writing, or a title, but found none. "How weird, there's nothing in this book. It must be magic or something. I'll take it downstairs and show Elily."

Grabbing the book, Iaran raced out of the room and back downstairs. She sat down in her previously occupied seat and hyperly held up the book.

"Elily! Look what I found while searching our room, as well as 16 gold pieces and a potion might I add. It used to be locked, but I unlocked it. And strangely, there's nothing in it. I reckon it's magic or something. What do you think?"

((Ohhh! A kitten! What colour is it? How sweet! <3 ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:08 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Malea looked over at Iaran. She listned to her talking to Elily about this book that she found. She slowly got out of her seat and walked over to them. "hey guys!" she said. "i couldnt help but over hear what you were saying." she said to them. "about a book that you found..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:22 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily stared at the book for a very long time. She didn't know quite what to say.

'Well, I'm not sure about it myself. But then again, it sure doesn't look very magical. It could very well be just an empty book.' she said, shrugging. She looked around the restaurant, before suggesting, 'Why don't we discuss this up in our room? This may not be the best place.'

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next