Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:56 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran smiled at Karmina then silently searched for Elily, not finding her she managed to return in time for dinner. Quickly grabbing a bowl of pasta and vegetables, a slice of apple pie and some fruit juice, Iaran finished her meal quietly and returned to her room.

Sitting silently on her bed, Iaran carefully spent 30 minutes removing the beads and braids from her hair, and another 10 minutes brushing it out. Then she changed into comfortable clothes and went to have a shower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Um.. wow! Tries to catch up.))

Merlin opened his eyes. He was laying on a bed with white sheets that featured two small red lines. Sick bay.. or one of the medical classes he concluded. He lifted his right arm which was packed up and felt numb. He remembered breaking it on .. someone's head.

He sighed, helding it up. His head was throbbing maliciously. Frowning he wondered why he hadn't been healed yet. His next thought was what had possesed the professor to attack him.

Yes, it was sure they were not best mates. And that the man humiliated him quite a lot of times. But.. still.

Something was not right about this situation.

Merlin began to think about their mission. Could it be?

He swayed his legs across the border of the bed. Finally he lifted himself, his body heavily protesting. But no white mages were around to stop him.. odd. Very odd. In fact, the room was empty.

The brown-haired boy put one foot on the ground, trying his balance, before steadying himself and releasing from the support of the bed. He needed to talk to someone about this event, preferably his own squad.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Menai hurried off to the corridor of medical classes. When she arrived, rounding the corner, it occured to her how she was going to find out which one Merlin was in. She began peeking in at the windows of the doors.

She had just passed the sixteenth door when she doubled back, and looked again. Yes, it was Merlin, gingerly stepping from the bed. She knocked before pulling the handle and gently pushing the door open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Merlin was still in deep thought when he heard a door creaking. He swayed his head in the direction of the door, immediatly causing a dizzy feeling and a hammering headache.

Where were those potions when you needed them?

"Menai.. where are the others?" His voice sounded slow, he noticed. He wondered if the mages had drugged him.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

"They're at dinner... I think," Menai answered. "Elily got shot, but let's just worry about you right now. Professor Gildom wanted me to come and heal you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:21 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

"Got shot? Did she get involved in a duel," he said, looking quite surprised for the normal Merlin. He leaned back on the bed, "it seems the only logical explanation... Our squad has no enemies here, I.." He stopped, thinking about the professor.

He returned his gaze to her, "professor Gildom wanted you to heal me. But where are the other whit.. " He sighed, he felt suddenly exhausted.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:17 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Elily smiled. 'Alright.'

Dila stopped to catch her breath, her hands wrapped around a tree. She was in a small forest, and she knew she was very close to the nearest town to the school - the Adaley Town. She planned to spend a night there, and mull over what to do next.

Sitting down with her back against the tree trunk, Dila pulled out the sphere she stole, staring deep into it. This symbol...it meant...

Before she could study the sphere more, sudden darkness enveloped her vision. Dila blinked hard, and shook her head. It was no good. Her mind...darkness was clouding it too. She began to panic. For the first time that day, Dila actually felt afraid.

What...what's going on? She clutched her head with her arms, dropping the sphere. The mysterious darkness stubbornly lingered on.

It wasn't until a good ten minutes did the darkness clear off. Dila collapsed to her knees, breathing heavily, fear evident in her eyes.

'It must be the forest...it must be!' With that, she grabbed the sphere she stole and her bag, before running out of the forest to Adaley Town.

---------------------

[Speedie to dinner!]

Elily picked up her tray of food. Pasta...yum. She finished her food quickly, then made haste to return to her room.

Reaching her room, she pulled out her study chair and promptly sat down in it. Elily removed a piece of paper and a pen from her desk drawer and started to write a letter.

Dear Mother and Father,

I've been chosen to be a member of the Selected Squad! I myself am not very sure how I made it through, but then it happened. I've also got a new job. Dark Knight, just like Sis. Anyhow, I will not be at school for many months, due to this mission, so don't send me any letters at school. I'll try to send you an occasional letter if the squad stops at any town or city, but I'd also request for your help to send me a little money to my bank account every month, for necessities.

I'll try to take care of myself, I won't be alone in this mission. I know Sis is watching over me. Regards.

Elily

Elily slipped it into an envelope, scribbled down the address of her home, and ran out to post. Within moments, she was back in her room. Elily changed into her pyjamas, then slumped down to bed.

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:40 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[*Wonders if Menai's successfully healed Merlin by dinner or not*

Ah well. Let's say I've attempted to heal him, and Kuroro can decide whether I've succeeded.]

Menai hurried into the dining room, exhausted and starving. She hadn't had any lunch, and was now ravenous. She ordered her food and sat down at her table. For the first time, she noticed people staring at her, and felt uncomfortable. Was it because she was wearing her white mage's outfit? The younger ones were mostly giggling and whispering excitedly behind their hands while pointing at her every so often, and she longed to snap at them, but the intense stares of the people older than her were a different matter. So she bent down over her plate and devoured at top-speed without looking at anybody, before hurrying back to her dormitory.

----------

Tiherih was still waiting. I had been a long time, but he was still wide awake. He wasn't exactly bored - but his wasn't excited, either. In fact, he hadn't been either ever since he had arrived. He would wait for them to come. Until then, he had all the patience one could ever hold. He glanced up at the building again, and noticed a dark figure with cropped black hair dropping heavily onto the ground, and then sprinting off. [Dila.] He frowned. It couldn't be one of the squad members. Who was it?

Well, if he or she wasn't a squad member, it didn't matter. He couldn't have cared less.

---------

Menai showered, and then pulled on her White Mage's outfit, minus the cloak, to sleep. She really couldn't be bothered to have to open the suitcase and get out pajamas. She sighed happily, propping herself on the edge of her bed. She would begin and dangerous and exciting adventure tomorrow morning. During the events of that day, there had been too much going on. But now... she was alone, and the news that she was a Squad member had finally settled down. She began to feel the andrenaline and excitement and fear coursing through her. How could she ever be able to sleep?

She pulled her blanket over her body, and let her head slump down onto the soft pillow, smiling contentedly.

Help me on my way, daddy, she thought, before closing her eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Iaran emerged from taking her shower, she saw Elily lying down on her bed and quickly checked her bag before lying in her bed. "Elily? Are you awake?" Iaran whispered quietly, she wanted to talk to someone, about anything. And she wanted to see if Elily was okay....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Rosa felt like she had to tell somebody, well, she had to. That gunner girl had just stolen what looked like a black mage sphere, from some one elses room...Rosa wondered whose room it was.

Rosa retreated back inside her room, she would tell somebody in the squad tommorrow, thats it, tommorrow. Whoever who stole that sphere was long gone now anyway.

Rosa felt hunger rise up, and walked over to where she kept some 'tuck'. Opening the small box, she retrieved a large bar of chocolate, and retired to her bed where she munched on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:13 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((
Quote:
"Got shot? Did she get involved in a duel,"
I hoped Menai would fill in Merlin about what happened, he kinda asked.. o_O

I must say, I have difficulties following this rp. I hope it will get better.))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:28 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[I assure you it will get better, once the journey starts.]

[I won't be online for the next several days - ask Lillie. Lillie will be taking care of Dila and Elily while I'm away. I hope everything goes fine while I'm gone.]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

(Aaah! Oh no, I knew this would happen... Now I've really got to backtrack.)

Back in her dorm room, which was completely silent except for her own footsteps and heavy, excited breathing, Mina sat down on the edge of her bed. She sighed, then buried her face in her hands. They were warm and sweaty, she noticed.

Carefully, she began assembling a mental list of things she needed to get done over the next few hours. Packing was first on her list, so, sliding off her bed, she pulled open the closet and tugged her dusty black suitcase.

She began with her clothes. All shirts, shorts, pants, skirts, and cloaks were tossed in without much precision or care. Mina had too many other things on her mind to bother with folding, tucking, or stacking. However, when she realized that her entired suitcase was already filled by the time she had gotten halfway through the clothes she wanted to pack, she knew she had no choice but to do so. Sighing again, she pulled everything back out and started over.

Nearly an hour later, Mina was finally closing the last of the clasps on her suitcase with quite some difficulty. She had managed to pack most of her things, although it had taken quite a bit of effort. She had ended up taking out all of her clothes, refolding them, and putting them back in again no less than five times. Shoving in her books had been even harder, as they could neither be folded nor compressed to make them fit better. Mina didn't remember her suitcase being that small before. It seemed to have shrunken since the last time she used it.

At any rate, Mina was finally done packing. She sunk back against her bed, her full suitcase sitting on the floor next to her, threatening to burst open. A large lump in one of her pockets on her belt reminded her that she still had her newest job sphere with her. She smiled weakly to herself. The day was still young, and she had quite a while until she would finally leave that evening to try out the sphere and do her training.

Mina sighed a third time, and her sigh slowly turned into a long, lazy, yawn. She climbed up onto her bed and fell back against her pillows. The room was fading from sight...

Several hours later, Mina awoke with a start. She opened her eyes briefly, then, finding she was still tired, closed them again. She laid where she was, still in her bed, and listened. The sounds of many pairs of footsteps, laughter, and conversation was drifting through the crack beneath the door and into the room. There were people outside.

Mina turned over on her side and opened one eye. She looked out the window to see the sun beginning to sink down over the trees of the campus. It was evening already?

Opening her other eye now and sitting up, Mina tried to recall what had happened that day. It seemed further away now because she had slept. She yawned sleepily and shifted, turning so that she was now sittiing on the edge of the bed with her feet dangling over the side.

It must be nearly dinner time. She thought, looking out the window again. The footsteps outside of her door were beginning to fade away. Everyone was going down to the dining hall.

A sharp pain in Mina's stomach alerted her of her own hunger. It was only then that she realized that she hadn't had any lunch. Getting up off of her bed and nearly tripping over the suitcase that remained on the floor, Mina made her way to the door. She smoothed her hair down as she opened the door, slipped out, and closed the door behind her again, then began heading down toward the dining hall. Remembering her plans for the evening as she went was a bit difficult, as there was a large, empty gap in her day, but she was able to recover them after a bit of thought.

(Whew. Long entry.)

(Well, this is going to put a bit of a dent in my RPing, but... I'm leaving on vacation this Friday afternoon to go to California. I'm going to be there for about ten days or so, so that means I should be back around the fifth of July. I was wondering if one of you would like to take my character during that period of time? Considering this is such an active RP, I know that when I come back, everyone will be so far into this that it will be beyond the point of backtracking. If any of you would like to take care of my character, I would really appreciate it if you could PM me soon.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:26 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

A lonely figure made his way back into the dormitories. It had been a while before he decided to go to them. He had heard out Sam about what happened. Sam, unfortunatly, wasn't the best person to come to the point when explaining history. But in the end, Merlin got the large image.

He had taken dinner with him to the dormitories. Maybe because he didn't felt like facing the others. He needed to think.

Merlin sat down on his bed. Slowly began to eat, so.. another student, Dila shot one of the squad, Elily. Reason? He excluded that Dila belonged to whatever the enemy was the squad was meant for.

Looking at what that happened this morning, it must be more personal reasons. But it was Iaran that humiliated Dila, not Elily. He closed his eyes, headache returning. Though his arms was healed, his head still felt the banging of the fight.

Merlin put his now empty plate on his small closet beside the bed. He lay down. Before he knew it, he was asleep.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Apricus, if there are no PMs, I would be more than happy to take care of your characters. I'm going to speed things up a bit otherwise Glass will be ashamed of me. After this post it will be "rise and shineeeeee!", 'kay? Good.]

Karmina waved goodbye to Iaran as she returned to her room. Unable to find Elily, she had thought it best to go somewhere quiet. She didn't feel like going back to the canteen now, not after that whole episode during lunchtime. She was physically, mentally and emotionally drained. Once again, she thought back to her Darkness Dance. It was evident she would need to practice it, but not now. Definitely not now.

Returning back to her dorm, she decided to skip dinner completely. She took a quick shower, dressed and cleaned her Songstress outfit. Instead of that tight dress was now a batch of clothes that suited her quite well. She smiled tiredly, laying it out to dry. Closing her eyes momentarily, she sat down on a comfy chair and nodded off to sleep.

"Yes," Elily whispered. "Sorry if I can't turn over, the nurses told me not to strain my back." She wondered if Iaran was looking at her. She was also in a slight panic as to how to carry everything the next day if she couldn't do too much. They said it would be alright in a matter of days, thanks to the white magic performed, but it still wasn't wise to overdo it.

Dila sat down on the bed of one of Adaley Inn's rooms. She had had a horrible meal of hard, stale bread with a greasy, pig's fat for sauce and was now feeling a little unwell. The water smelt bad and she was sure there were bugs in her bed. All in all, the journey simply wasn't going too well. If only she had more money, she could have stayed in one of those comfortable, clean rooms. In her haste to get away from the school, however, she had not taken enough money. Even if she had, she wasn't sure how much there would have been. Dila was always spending so much on clothes and other fashionable things.

Grimacing at the rock hardness of her bed, she took out the stolen sphere and studied it for a while. It wasn't her first pick, but she hadn't thought of what kind of sphere she wanted anyway. Nothing could beat Gunner, but there was nothing you could do about it - everyone else sucked. Still, considering the circumstances, Dila was sure she could make do with what she had. And no one will ever realise it's me, she thought, a little smile lighting up her eyes. That's the best part of it. She decided it would probably be best to change spheres when she was out of Adaley. She didn't want gossip about her sudden change or the Squad would know who to look for.

Waking up in a couple of hours, Karmina found her dormmates already in bed and asleep. She was a little refreshed by her short nap and decided to tackle her books for more information on the Darkness Dance. Flipping through each, she made some notes in a handy booklet she had and cross-referenced everything. When she was done about an hour and a half later, Karmina was truly exhausted. All the information she needed on that dance was collected and sorted, now all she could do was sleep.

As she was about to get into bed, she noticed the neat, digital message above the head of her bed. In red, capital letters, it spelt out:

SQUAD MEMBERS TO MEET IN MAIN SCHOOL GARDEN AT 7:30 IN MORNING. VERY IMPORTANT!

She sighed. 7:30 was just after breakfast, if you ate quickly. Wondering what the important event was, she set her alarm to 6:30 and tucked herself in. Within moments, she was asleep.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 37  Next