Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What Songs Give You a Feeling of Nostalgia?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:47 pm 

What songs give you a sense of nostalgia when you hear them? It doesn't necessarily have to be songs that you would listen to now.

When I was a kid, my parents had this cassette (when was the last time you heard that word?) by an artist who sang mainly soppy love songs. I can't recall the name of the artist but I believe she was fairly well known and was a chart topper back in those days. Not sure if she's still around. Anyway, the tape was always there in the car and it was played everywhere we went. So whenever I do happen to hear a song from that artist, all these memories of those long trips in the car come flooding back to me. Fond memories, good times. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

A few songs I hear make me remember certain times, like when I hear In Too Deep by Sum 41 I remember getting out the car with some friends and going to the skate park (that was couple of years ago) and other songs I used to really like are the same, then I end up thinking about previous school years and how everything is changing and how I'll soon be leaving school, getting a job and stuff.

Ahh crap, I'm thinking about all that now o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ummm...anything by Roxy Music, especially the song "The Main Thing" reminds me of being 5 years old ish. My dad used to play that sort of stuff all the time.
Whenever I hear any 60's pop music, especially anything by Dusty Springfield, that reminds me of being with my mum when I was young.

My 2 favourite songs : "Superman" by Goldfinger and "Sweetness" by Jimmy Eat World remind me of being happy and carefree with my friends in the summer. :D Same goes for "No Cigar" by Millencolin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That song by Big Bad Voodoo (sp? in a hilarious way) Daddy. Can't remember the -- BIG TIME OPERATOR! Yes, that's the name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

maxwells silver hammer by the beatles reminds me of being young as i had abbey road on tape. there's also loads of songs from about 95 onwards that remind me of different things. like the song that goes "you're gorgeous, i'd do anything for you..." reminds oe of the summer music school i went to for some reason...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Everytime I hear Gloria Estefan's "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You" I always think about my little girl days where I used to call it the "Gorilla Song"

If you are familiar with it, you'd know why. :P

But I used to demand to hear these songs nonstop when I was little...

Lionel Richie - Dancing on the Ceiling
Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Gloria Estefan - 123
Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You)
Rod Stewart - This Old Heart Of Mine

Just recently I purchased a Disney CD that is currently out of production (for 3 bucks). I originally bought it for this one song I remembered from an old Valentine's Day special I saw when I was like....8. But there was another song on the CD that I used to love (my mom used to borrow this cassette tape from the library whenever we went on long car trips) when I was little but I had totally forgotten about it.

As soon as it started I suddenly felt like I was sitting in our old van staring dreamily out the window listening to the music as we drove from Kentucky to New Jersey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:02 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Anything from the 80's reminds me of my pre-teens. Especially Guns n' Roses. Early rap like 'Whomp there it is' reminds me of my teen years. And of course Nirvana reminds me of my teens 'finding real music'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
This sorta link in with the one hit wonders for me, some bands that I liked then dispeared off the face on the planet give me nostalgia on the offchance I hear something. It also gives me nostalgia to hear something that I havent heard in a while and used to hate, but now like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:59 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Adam's Song. I turn on the radio at the most fitting of times. Whenever I'm happy and turn on the radio, The first station I come to has an upbeat tune.
And when I'm depressed... Adam's Song comes on.

Without fail, if I'm depressed and turn on the radio, the first words I'll hear will be: "I never conquered, never came, 16 just held such better days..."

:) It's the kind of song that brings back memories of all the people in my life who've died... and how many of them chose that as their funeral song. It reminds me that I don't have to be like them... and of days when they still felt alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

r4che1 wrote:
maxwells silver hammer by the beatles reminds me of being young as i had abbey road on tape. there's also loads of songs from about 95 onwards that remind me of different things. like the song that goes "you're gorgeous, i'd do anything for you..." reminds oe of the summer music school i went to for some reason...

That's You're Gorgeous by Babybird. I remember that song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:12 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

A lot of old cheesy pop songs remind of school disco's.
Some love songs remind me of ex bfs ick

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mm, now that summer's starting to leave..."Brother Down" by Sam Roberts and that new "Shady Day" song from Jacksoul always make me feel nostalgic about the summer. Dunno why...I think it's just the background music's fault, heh.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:40 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

oooh there is a nightclub that I go to sometimes and there are a few songs they always play and when I hear them I think about being at the club.

Just a girl : No doubt
My last serenade : Killswitch engage
Killing in the name of : Rage against the machine
Halo : Soil
Beautiful people : Marilyn Manson

Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:03 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

There's a Beatles song that reminds me of a car trip where my brothers were singing a long to it. I don't remember the name of, it's on they're Greatest Hits CD though.

The two Nsync songs I got to hear (it was my friend's CD and she only liked two songs on it) remind me of walking around in my friend's backyard listening to them.
And Britney Spear's first CD reminds me of this American Girl thing I really wanted that I didn't need. Her second CD reminds me of playing barbies and having them put on concerts to her CD. It also reminds me of when me and my friends made a "band" and just sang to her CD.

If I listen to one CD while reading a book the songs will remind me of the book for a while.

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
AC/DC always makes nostalgic about this road trip I had over 6 hours...We went through the cd and a couple of others three times each.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next