For Neopets ONLY discussion.
Topic locked

high score tables unfair.

Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:59 pm

the high score tables ranks people with the same score by reverse alphabetical order. unfair?

Re: high score tables unfair.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:01 am

.ccy wrote:the high score tables ranks people with the same score by reverse alphabetical order. unfair?

The only games that seem to have a really severe problem with that are Whack-A-Kass and Splat-A-Sloth.
Most games don't raise a problem with that system.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:13 am

Hmmm... I didn't notice that.

They have to do it someway I guess, at least this way people who make usernames beginning with A thinking it's gonna make them first in stuff are caught out.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:21 am

I think it's not fair either, TNT should have gave out trophies to everyone with that score, not only whos name starts with the last letters of the alphabet.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:34 am

Darklegendary wrote:I think it's not fair either, TNT should have gave out trophies to everyone with that score, not only whos name starts with the last letters of the alphabet.

Yep.
http://www.neopets.com/gamescores.phtml?game_id=381
That is certainly....interesting.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:17 am

Darklegendary wrote:I think it's not fair either, TNT should have gave out trophies to everyone with that score, not only whos name starts with the last letters of the alphabet.

Agreed. I'm personally going to send a complaint (not that it will be read).

Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:18 am

No wonder i'm always the top of my avatar number on the highscore lists... well, it's good for me :roll: I guess they are a bit unfair though...

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:04 am

I never really noticed that before! :o I did wonder the very few times I ever get a score that could be high enough to get a trophy, why my rank always seemed to be like 3/4 of the way through the list. I never bothered to look to see if it was alphabetical in any way before...

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:22 am

I think that is bull... They should do it by the first to recieve that score... Or even better they should just put same scores beside each other...

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:30 am

tonu_revived wrote:I think that is bull... They should do it by the first to recieve that score... Or even better they should just put same scores beside each other...

that's what i thought it was at first until my friend tim (hynfaeries0) kicked me off the place for the bronze grand theft ummagine trophy.

I sent a bug report a week ago. fixed? nope.
Last edited by .ccy on Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:31 am

.ccy wrote:
tonu_revived wrote:I think that is bull... They should do it by the first to recieve that score... Or even better they should just put same scores beside each other...

that's what i thought it was at first until my friend tim (hynfaeries0) kicked me off the place for the bronze grand theft ummagine trophy

Heh I bet you appreciated that ;)

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:33 am

tonu_revived wrote:
.ccy wrote:

that's what i thought it was at first until my friend tim (hynfaeries0) kicked me off the place for the bronze grand theft ummagine trophy

and guess what? he blackmailed me to play that for him.

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:38 am

.ccy wrote:
tonu_revived wrote:
.ccy wrote:

Serious? What a great friend!

Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:41 am

tonu_revived wrote:
.ccy wrote:
tonu_revived wrote:
.ccy wrote:

Serious? What a great friend!

He sure isn-- er-- i mean... um is :(

Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:52 am

You could of course take advantage of this and start your username with the letter Z
Topic locked