Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:03 pm

I've never heard of any English versions of any Ayumi Hamasaki songs, either.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:08 pm

my fav j-pop songs are ussually in animes like the ending song in Inuyasha or Yakusoku wa Iranai wich is played at the end of the Escaflowne movie

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:17 pm

I spent almost two weeks looking for opening and ending themes of Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai {Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi}. Once I found them, I listened to them on repeat for a few days.

Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:15 pm

Raiu wrote:my fav j-pop songs are ussually in animes like the ending song in Inuyasha or Yakusoku wa Iranai wich is played at the end of the Escaflowne movie

Actually the song played at the end of Escaflowne the Movie is Yubiwa (Ring). Yakusoku wa Iranai (I Don't Need Promises) is the opening theme to Escaflowne the series. *sweatdrop* Sorry, I just had to say that...^.^;;

Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:31 am

Don't want to give away my age, but...

Is metal dead in Japan? There was group back in the `80's called Loudness that I thought was pretty good, but most music I hear coming out of Japan is either pop or regular rock.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:28 pm

Well, I am sure there are plenty of metal bands in Japan, just as there are with any other country. Most of the music that leaves America is pop music as well, but there are still a lot of metal bands there.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:00 pm

Neko wrote:
Raiu wrote:my fav j-pop songs are ussually in animes like the ending song in Inuyasha or Yakusoku wa Iranai wich is played at the end of the Escaflowne movie

Actually the song played at the end of Escaflowne the Movie is Yubiwa (Ring). Yakusoku wa Iranai (I Don't Need Promises) is the opening theme to Escaflowne the series. *sweatdrop* Sorry, I just had to say that...^.^;;

woops well they are both awsome songs but yeah I haven't seen the movie in a couple of years

Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:05 pm

I always liked Yoko Anno, but her music usually doesn't involve singing. She worked with Shinichiro Watanabe on most of his projects ;)

Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:29 pm

I found the English language version of Deep Forest. Or at least AN English version of it.

Its between a minute and a half to two minutes long, sounds like it was performed live instead of in a studio, and has a harmonica instead of a flute.

Its okay, but I wish it was longer....

Is there a studio version also, or is this it?

Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:55 pm

That's the only version I've been able to find. It wouldn't be so bad if you could actually hear the lyrics. It almost sounds like they turned down the microphone sometime during the recording.

Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:06 pm

Hikaru Utada, Doa As Infinity, See-Saw, T.M.Revolution, and Gackt are all my faves :3
Topic locked