Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Forum Upgrade Issues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I love the new mascot at the top. ARRRRRR.

It makes me think fondly of organic chemistry (you know, in the way that cellmates in a torture camp might commiserate), because our professor always said "ARR" when she was talking about R-groups (which you say a lot in organic chemistry). It was apparently just her accent, because she got upset when the class would ARRRRRRRRR back at her. Oh, college.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
ROFL. That mascot is a blast from the past. I'm calling it "Tribute to Twinkle"

I did not particularly care for chemistry in college... Arrrrrrrr, indeed.

Why can I not remember what the "LeoGr" acronym was supposed to mean? Oh yeah... I don't care :P

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yesterday when I tried to edit a post, it gave me a giant 404 instead. I used the back button and tried again and it worked, so I don't know if that was just a hiccup while you were upgrading other things, but I thought I'd mention it.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Yesterday when I tried to edit a post, it gave me a giant 404 instead. I used the back button and tried again and it worked, so I don't know if that was just a hiccup while you were upgrading other things, but I thought I'd mention it.

Hopefully it was just a hiccup while I was upgrading the Arcade, which has been... challenging :x
During certain steps of the upgrades, the board is quasi-disabled. I have found ways to minimize the downtime, but it can not be completely eliminated.

As you found, hitting back button and re-submitting should work OK.

On the other hand, I have found several areas where the forum upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.0.11 really messed a few things up, so I know there are a few lingering bugs here and there.

If possible, whenever you get the 404 or 500 or any other other errors, please let me know what you were doing just before it happened. It will give me a starting point when I dig deeper for these bugs.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Specifically, I was editing my post in the Minicity thread because I wasn't sure I recorded things accurately, and then when I went back to the Minicity, someone else had done some magic and fixed more things in it. When I clicked "submit" to confirm my edit, I got the giant 404. It was red, reminded me of the Neopets one. It was past my bedtime, so I didn't take a screenie.

I noticed the DFM earlier yesterday -- it was appreciated. You're doing an awesome job trying to fix everything.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Specifically, I was editing my post in the Minicity thread because I wasn't sure I recorded things accurately, and then when I went back to the Minicity, someone else had done some magic and fixed more things in it. When I clicked "submit" to confirm my edit, I got the giant 404. It was red, reminded me of the Neopets one. It was past my bedtime, so I didn't take a screenie.

I noticed the DFM earlier yesterday -- it was appreciated. You're doing an awesome job trying to fix everything.

Thanks. No need for a screenie of the 404 page. It looks like this:

404 Whoa...you broke the Internet!

Except that the font is MUCH larger :P

Knowing that you got the error message when editing an existing post (last one in the thread?) is the useful info. Gives me a place to start looking. For the most part, each little function on the site has a different section and/or file that handles the function, or a different section within the file. If it's a one-off error, then it will be hard to track down and squash. However, if something happens repeatedly (i.e. if I can easily replicate it), then it will be easier to fix.

Thanks very much :)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I did say that I was editing a post in my first post about the error. :P And yes, it was the last one in the thread, just seconds after I'd posted it. (P.S. You stretched the screen. Aren't you supposed to put large pics inside a spoiler? :P)

P.P.S. I loved the 404 message; it cracked me up, especially the larger-than-life font. I didn't want to spoil it for anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
I did say that I was editing a post in my first post about the error. :P And yes, it was the last one in the thread, just seconds after I'd posted it. (P.S. You stretched the screen. Aren't you supposed to put large pics inside a spoiler? :P)

P.P.S. I loved the 404 message; it cracked me up, especially the larger-than-life font. I didn't want to spoil it for anyone else.
aww. Color me embarrassed. You are correct. One of the rules is to not stretch the forum....
I'll fix that now...
Thanks

Dang. Looks like I need to fix the forum's img tag, too :(

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk2

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

See? I'm
Quote:
helping
  • you
  • debug!
This is going to be:
  1. the most annoying post ever
  2. with lots of bugs
  3. especially since I never got ordered lists to work before the forums broke.
  4. but I did now. Booyah!

Code:
[b]See[/b][i]?[/i] [u]I'm[/u] [quote]helping[/quote] [list][*]you [*]debug![/list]  This is going to be:[list=numerical][*][size=50]the [/size][size=200]most [/size][size=150]annoying [/size][size=85]post [/size][s]ever[/s][*][color=#008000]with [/color][color=#4000FF]lots [/color][color=#BF0000]of [/color][color=#FF00BF]bugs [/color][*][color=#40BFBF]especially [/color][color=#FF8000]since [/color]I never got ordered lists to work before the forums broke.[*]but I did now. Booyah![/list][spoiler][img]http://pinkpt.com/forum/styles/subsilver2/imageset/logo_phpBB-Twinkle_updated.gif[/img] [url=http://pinkpt.com/forum/styles/subsilver2/imageset/logo_phpBB-Twinkle_updated.gif]Here's the current PPT logo.[/url][/spoiler]

:D :) :( :o 8) :lol: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: ;) o_O :hug: :battar: <3 :P :> 0:) ~:> :roflol: :talktohand: :zzz: :loser: :thinking: :peace:

It all seems to be in working order!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
See? I'm
Quote:
helping
  • you
  • debug!
This is going to be:
  1. the most annoying post ever
  2. with lots of bugs
  3. especially since I never got ordered lists to work before the forums broke.
  4. but I did now. Booyah!

Code:
[b]See[/b][i]?[/i] [u]I'm[/u] [quote]helping[/quote] [list][*]you [*]debug![/list]  This is going to be:[list=numerical][*][size=50]the [/size][size=200]most [/size][size=150]annoying [/size][size=85]post [/size][s]ever[/s][*][color=#008000]with [/color][color=#4000FF]lots [/color][color=#BF0000]of [/color][color=#FF00BF]bugs [/color][*][color=#40BFBF]especially [/color][color=#FF8000]since [/color]I never got ordered lists to work before the forums broke.[*]but I did now. Booyah![/list][spoiler][img]http://pinkpt.com/forum/styles/subsilver2/imageset/logo_phpBB-Twinkle_updated.gif[/img] [url=http://pinkpt.com/forum/styles/subsilver2/imageset/logo_phpBB-Twinkle_updated.gif]Here's the current PPT logo.[/url][/spoiler]

:D :) :( :o 8) :lol: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: ;) o_O :hug: :battar: <3 :P :> 0:) ~:> :roflol: :talktohand: :zzz: :loser: :thinking: :peace:

It all seems to be in working order!

That is a beautiful post. Glad it's all working!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got a "Firefox can't connect" page this morning, and all other websites were working fine for me. So there still seem to be some server issues. It was only down for ~5-10 min. that I noticed (of course I only caught the end, not the beginning).

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks. I have seen a few 500 Internal Server Errors myself today.

I cleared the cache to see if that helps.

It would be nice to get my hands on the server error logs. I suspect there is one or two php files on the server causing the issues. But, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. I will be wrong again. It's part of life, and I have come to accept that :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2