This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Edited Posts Are Now Marked as New

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:48 am

Hi, all. :) We've added a very useful hack to the forum. Now when you edit a post, it is marked as new. That means, not only does the little icon turn a lovely shade of orange, but the thread bumps to the top of the board and it shows up in the "View new posts" link on the top right of the forum. :)

Although, a word of caution, any abuse of this new function will be dealt with.

I hope you find this new feature helpful! :)

Re: Edited Posts Are Now Marked as New

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:35 pm

This is the most exciting thing that has happened to me all day woo

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Lord knows I was waiting for it.
*hugs Jas*
:hug:

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:34 pm

I love the new feature.

It is definitely helpful and useful if new rules are added to the forum or whenever the changing of the guard occurs regarding who to contact if someone wants to host a werewolf game on the Coconut Isle.

Does this mean that (lasted updated on ??/??/??) is no longer going to be used?

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Yay! I love it when good suggestions like this one are put into practice. :D

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 am

Awesome. Thanks guys! <3

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:26 am

Cool :)
Now when I edit something, someone will actually read it :P

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:52 pm

While I do indeed like this feature quite a bit, is there any way to either turn it off for individual users or modify it so that moderator edits in other people's posts don't show up as new?

It's a little frustrating to go read what you think is a post with new information, when there's really nothing new there at all.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:55 pm

May wrote:While I do indeed like this feature quite a bit, is there any way to either turn it off for individual users or modify it so that moderator edits in other people's posts don't show up as new?

It's a little frustrating to go read what you think is a post with new information, when there's really nothing new there at all.

Out of curiosity, which posts have shown up as unread for you when there's nothing new there?

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:57 am

The posts show up as new if mods/staff put edit notes in. There is something new, but in my opinion, not worth my time reading :P

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:09 am

Ah, but like all new features, I'm guessing it will be abused quite a bit.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:12 pm

The real problem is going to rear its head in the Advertisements board (just edited one of my posts to reflect a sale, and now it's looking like I bumped it).

Can this feature be disabled for that particular board? Or will sellers who edit their posts get the benefit of the doubt?

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm not clear. If you were advertising and editing to reflect something new, wouldn't you want your thread to be bumped? Or are you saying people might abuse this feature to keep their threads on top? If it seemed someone was continually editing their posts to give their thread the advantage, we'd appreciate if we were notified and the member would be warned. :)

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Jas Frost wrote:I'm not clear. If you were advertising and editing to reflect something new, wouldn't you want your thread to be bumped? Or are you saying people might abuse this feature to keep their threads on top? If it seemed someone was continually editing their posts to give their thread the advantage, we'd appreciate if we were notified and the member would be warned. :)

He edited his post to say that the item had been sold. In other words, to let people know it was not for sale anymore. The problem is that it was bumped to the top anyway.

I guess a title edit could be a decent workaround. If you sell something, just put [SOLD - LOCK PLEASE] in the title.

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:51 pm

theonlysaneone wrote:I guess a title edit could be a decent workaround. If you sell something, just put [SOLD - LOCK PLEASE] in the title.

The problem with that is the post will still show up as new.
Topic locked