Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup XVII (2022)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There are a lot of players who only come back for the AC, but might also come back for a different event (plot, war) or something interesting... Many of them may not return next year, which TNT may not see as a huge loss, since they're only occasional site visitors, but... looking at the numbers from that thread, it doesn't seem like TNT can afford to lose any of us.

There was a semi-serious effort several years ago for fans to buy the site, but I really don't think that would really work. It would take someone with an enormous amount of time and organization. They could probably crowdsource many of the most critical updates needed (nonflash customization, other broken things), but figuring out how to make the site relevant in the 2020s is difficult. The nice thing about the old days is that there was something for everyone, and enough for each little community to be a decent size. It really needs to be mobile with quick check-ins.

I just don't have a lot of hope it will ever get good again, no matter who runs it.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I received my participant medal. In the end, it was all I went for. Not even Rank 1. Looking back at the trophies on my lookup, it would appear that I have done this for quite a while now. Other than missing out on a mega-weapon, I am sort of non-plussed.

I do think they missed a good joke opportunity with the "Altador Cup Cake" with the artwork. A cupcake cake would have been funny.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I agree, Blue, A cupcake cake would have been funny.

As expected, they completely glazed over pretty much everything in the editorial today. Here are the only AC-related questions that were answered.
Hello TNT, will any new teams join the Altador Cup in the coming years? ~~puffelpizza2
Yes, we actually have been discussing adding some new teams to the Altador Cup in the future. The Dacardia Team was teased at the end of this Altador Cup, and there are other Neopian lands that could surely use some representation in the Cup as well. Which lands would you love to see with their own Altador Cup team? Feel free to tell us which teams should join the Altador Cup next through the Editorial, Neomail, or on the Neoboards. We'd love to hear your thoughts! (: ~~Aesop

Hi. I'm writing in with happy thoughts because the items in the Altador Cup prize shop and staff prize shop are exceptional! There is a large variety of items which people will definitely want, from album items to books to wearables to the Rainbow Yooyu to the Thunder Sticks. I'm glad to see a mutant-friendly wearable in the mix; maybe this Mutant Day, we could see some more NP wearables for mutants that are a bit less difficult to come by, as mutants don't have much to choose from. ~~_brainchild_
Thank you so much for your kind words! Our team spends a lot of time thinking up and designing prize shop items, as well as taking into account feedback from the previous year, so we are all very delighted to see users excited about the new prizes we released! We have already begun planning Mutant Day items, and I'm happy to report that NP wearables are at the very top of our list! We agree that mutants need more wearable options, so we are designing a few different wearables that mutant pets haven’t seen before. Be sure to keep an eye out! ~~Aesop

It has not been long since it came out, but here's a list of the most recent board titles in the Site Events boards. Bolded ones are either specifically about AC mess or just popped up in response to the editorial.
CLEAN UP YOUR MESS, TNT: A PETITION
Please address this AC, or you might as well cancel the next one.
Dear TNT, why should we come back and play next year?
@TNT: I hope you're embarrassed.
Editorial is out! *spoiler: nothing new*
editorial waiting room
Fix the AC results #1
tnt - acknowledge the botched standings and shadowbanned players
Brutemis Maximus, Beat it or we'll call ourselves
A special present for our most dedicated AC players
Lets Ban Together Math Talk #2
(A red dot) Pickles note: this is literally just a red alert dot. The first post is: "Just another reminder of tnt's incompetence. I wish I got paid to make bad decisions all day, I'm so good at it."
Kougra Plushie Pickles note: this is about how they addressed fixing the Kougra Plushie name in the editorial and not AC things
neo_truths won
Shenkuu R&C #4 | We are ninjas. We ban semantle.
MSG: AC's over, time to pick berries!
MIYP//#25// Keep Palm and Carry On
BoB {BV on Toast} #17.11: Everything I did, I did for BV
How to Contact TNT with Complaints about Invalid Altador Cup Results
I Am So Proud of This Community Pickles note: first post says "I'm not proud of TNT."

...ETA this title
Hire me please, I'm pretty incompetent at my current job

Yep. That's it. They basically ignored everything everyone is upset about. Results, shadowbanning, prize shop, the whole bit. It's been completely ignored.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Double posting so it'll show new on the main boards (because I know people probably don't come into this section often).

We're approaching crunch time for the shop to close again. Probably best to go spend those points if you haven't yet. There's been no news announcement yet, but I expect there will be shortly.

Main Prize Shop
Staff Prize Shop (Pro-tip: to buy faster in the staff shop, use a computer and zoom out on the screen so you don't have to scroll as much each time - just make sure you know what you want first!)

Just to point out, in regards to all the issues from this cup, NONE of the complaints that were mentioned last year have been addressed. There are STILL neoboards in Site Events that people have kept bumped (at least one is from July of last year and just getting daily bumps). Really disappointed in this, and still pretty bitter. I don't know how much I'll play in this upcoming cup.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 7:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have exhausted all my points. I was able to pick up a few extras in the main shop (one of the stamps for P, plus an extra weapon, a few extras of the books and collectable card, and two extra RI wearable slushies -- one for each of you). Let me know if you want any of my extras.

The only thing I didn't pick up that I really really wanted was the AC ice cream hat because I didn't have one extra prize point. (It's not worth much, anyway, so it'll be easy to pick up.)

You can tell that TNT messed up the prizes when the six or seven most expensive non-stamp/non-weapon prizes were all missing SW price histories on JN because there have never been enough of them for them to estimate their value. Not like I was going to waste my points on them instead of the stamps, either, though!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri, you're the best!

Quote:
Important Reminder! Today (5/15) is the LAST day to access the current Altador Cup Prize Shop, so remember to go use up any remaining points you may have before it closes!

Apparently, while they didn't actually give a date last week, we get less-than-24 hour notice today that it's closing....tonight. Of course, I got overly paranoid and spent mine last week because there wasn't a date on the other one, and memories of losing out that one year came to mind.

At least they did give us a date? Spend those points if you haven't, ASAP!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 12:58 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Double-checking.

Spendable Points: 0
Total Points Earned: 26,400
Points Used: 26,400

Total Points Earned 44383
Spendable Points 0
Points Used 44383

You'd think they'd be able to keep the formatting consistent between the two pages... Looks like I spent all of mine.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Siniri!

Like P, I spent my meager points last week :)