Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Krawk Island Plot?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri wrote:
Codestone and negg prices have already skyrocketed in anticipation. I hope the plot starts soon (so it can end that much sooner), so that I can get on with training again. I'm at the 350 boosts though -- I think I was only at 200, maybe 250 during TFR, and I managed to reach the cap on all opponents.

I'd like to think that's me than the actual plot, because I spent a good few weeks in the auction house bidding on all the neggs and codestones at a "max bid", which likely inflated the shop wizard price because people weren't used to that method bidding. A guess on my part, but I'd like to think I had a hand in it. :P

Enjoying this event a lot. And I don't like the idea of only working on one Sudoku like puzzle a day. I want more! :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post subject: Re: Krawk Island Event Has Started!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It has been fun on the boards today. Snarkie posted a few times, and in one, quoted me. :)

In a more recent post (which confirms a Editorial question), anyone who didn't find 8 treasure chests will recieve the last one, probably by Monday.

This is good news, as I was one of those who only found 7 and was opening them for the wearables.

Day 2 of the Island Retrieval:

Still 4x4, but with L shape boxes to fill. Just as easy.

Day 3 of the Island Retrieval:

Just as I were sayin', don't it look simply fabulous thusfar? Granted, I came across a few... *ahem* technical obstacles while tryin' to realise me vision for the new Krawk Island, but it's these sort of challenges that truly bring out the best in a talented artist such as meself. Now get goin'! After all, 'twould be a shame if inspiration struck and there were nothin' for me to work with...

5 crew members and 5x5 grid (with L shapes and a centre t -shape coloured area.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Quote:
Hmm, that's an interestin' plot of land that ye just brought back. I suppose they can't all be beauties, eh? Oh well... the ability to take less-than-ideal materials and transform them into a breathtaking spectacle is just the sort of challenge that gets the creative juices of a true artist such as myself flowing. Leave me be now, I need to think... certain you're here tomorrow, though, or someone else shall reap the benefits of doing your work for you.

That's the message I got at the end today. Looks like we have ~8 more days of this. I've gotten food each of the last three days; I hope I start getting some of the books and such soon.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 4:
At last, the time to show ye the latest round of revisions has come. Pretty excited, eh? It's totally understandable... okay, ready? Ta-da! Don't you just love it? Seems the new layout has created a squabble between the Food Club competitors an' the Golden Dubloon, but aye, there's no reason why such skirmishes should get in the way of art, right? Let 'em suffer -- we're talkin' about genius here!

Ye might want to be lookin' into repairs for that ship of yours... by all appearances, the poor thing barely had the wherewithal to return in one piece. Oh well, at least ye brought me plot o' land back in marvelous condition. I've yet to be makin' a final decision as to what I'll do with this plot, but as long as ye aren't nosy and annoy me, I may grant ye a chance to see what I have up me sleeve in good time. For now, grant me my peace, but be sure to come back tomorrow, though.

Another interesting (but easy) grid today. Ushaped outside with a star pattern in the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
Great. I go for a few days, lose my clicks, and now I have to catch up.

Time to resharpen my Sudoku skills, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 5:
'Ere, have a look! As you can see, I took the plot that were containin' the Smuggler's Cove an' got rid of that abomination, electing to create a new cove elsewhere. After all, if there's gonna be any smugglin' happenin' on Krawk Island, ye can rest assured that it'll be on me own terms. Pretty clever, eh? Well, I'm just getting' started... find me more land to work with, an' I'll show you what I'm really capable of!

Todays sudoku grid = 6x6 with 6 coloured sections.

Ahh yes, the Dubloon-O-Matic! I definitely have to be findin' a place for that straightaway! While I'm still weighin' the pros and cons of convertin' me holdin's to NP, devaluin' dubloons via mass production, an' then issuin' a decree that bans their use on Krawk Island, I'd say at this moment me inclination would be not to bother. After all, once the island's restored I'll be fabulously wealthy an' powerful anyway... we'll see. In the meantime, avast with yer pesterin' and come back when you're of use to me tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

By far, this was the easiest Sudoku puzzle yet. I had trouble with the 4x4 one and the one from yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 6:

So, that Dubloon-O-Matic turned out to be more of a rascal than I were anticipatin'... each time I found a place for it, the new location obstructed the lovely view of the sea that I have from me mansion! Well... as you might be imaginin', the entire episode had me rather peeved, but in the end me architectural genius naturally came up with a sensible solution...

Day 6 grid is interesting. 6 crew, 6 coloured areas arranged in "Ps" around the outside and 2 "q' looking shapes in the middle.

Well, well... would ye look at this beauteous plot o' land! While I don't be havin' any specific plans for the land itself, these resources on the land will be perfect for the crown jewel of Krawk Island's restoration. What will that be? Avast, swabbie... all in good time. Ye can rest assured, however, that the splendour of this particular facet of the island's rebuilding is sure to make jaws drop all across Neopia... now run along an' get some rest, so ye have plenty of energy for doin' me biddin' tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 7:

Alright, so... I've given it some thought an', since you've been so accomodatin' of me requests, I've decided to share what's in store for the materials from that new plot of land. See, me ragged ol' shanty is hardly befittin' a lofty personage such as meself anymore, so I've decided put those resources from the islet you brought back toward the buildin' of me governor's mansion. Once completed it'll be a sight to see, that's for sure!

Grid is 7x7, with 7 crew members and 7 coloured areas.

Ahh, I see that ye have brought back the islet containing the academy... yes, a very crucial part of me plans for Krawk Island's restoration. A well-trained regiment capable of keepin' me interferences to a minimum as I go about me day-to-day responsibilities is absolutely vital to the island's future. Speaking of interferences, if you'll be so kind as to leave me to my work, I'll get back to restorin' the island now... come back tomorrow, though -- ye shall be far less annoyin' to me once there's work for ye to do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Jelani wrote:
Secondly, I was wondering if anyone happened to have saved the page source from when the explore map was showing the image of Krawk Island surrounding by tentacles? I'm afraid I missed it and was hoping to get the map URL.

Found it.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

As one can see, I've made some overdue renovations to Cap'n Threelegs' Swashbuckling Academy, which the cap'n will find most beneficial. I like that cap'n -- seems like a real obedient sort of fellow, the kind I don't anticipate givin' me any problems... so, the island -- she's really startin' to come in nicely, eh? *puts index finger to lips* Shush-- ye can save all the niceties 'til after seein' the finished product, 'kay?

Day 8:

8x8 grid. 8 crew members, 8 coloured shaped areas.

We're gettin' down to the last of the islets, are we not? You know, as demandin' as Krawk Island's restoration has been, I almost feel as though I'm goin' to miss puttin' me prodigious talents to use. Who knows, perhaps if I grow tired of wringin' every last bit of profit out of this island, maybe I'll seek out another Neopian land in need of a touch up. Tyrannia, perhaps? Aye, maybe not... for now, leave me to me ponderin' an' come back tomorrow when I can be findin' somethin' productive for ye to do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

At last, me restoration of Krawk Island is nearly complete! I've got a few last minute details, such as postin' me croni--I mean, allowin' me loyal friends to get situated before the mad dash back onto the island begins. Once everythin' is... *cough*under control*cough* then the ceremony to proclaim me governor of Krawk Island may be proceedin'. It won't be long, though, so check back soon!

Day 9:

8x8 grid

It seems we're still waitin' on those last few plots to be comin' in... as if mastermindin' the entire project and overseein' its execution isn't enough -- apparently I have to hop in a dinghy and row these islets back to shore meself, too! *sigh* Competent help is so hard to find, especially when ye have dedicated yourself fully to the true expression of an artistic vision like I have...

Day 10:

The ineptitude of those carryin' out me plans has reached a level that not even I, in all me greatness, can overcome. Alas, another day has come an' gone and the final stage of Krawk Island's renovation remains held up by the retrieval of the very last few plots of land. It now appears as though the all-new Krawk Island's unveilin' shall happen no sooner than tomorrow. You'd better be there to make sure you don't miss it, though - after all, this IS the debut of the greatest architectural achievement in Neopian history...

9x9 Grid with 9 crew ( with 9 3x3 coloured squares) Basically a standard sudoku grid.

Soooo... despite the last few plots not reachin' harbour yet, I have been assured *scoffs* that me glorious restoration of the new and improved Krawk Island shall be unveiled tomorrow. Honestly, I've learned not to be trustin' a word these so-called assistants tell me. However, given the possibility (however unlikely) that the island's restoration will make its debut tomorrow, it would be behoove ye to be there, just in case.

Day 11:
Currently not working.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

That's weird... I need to do the past puzzles, but I can't do that either. Clicking on the island just refreshes the page, and the link to the shanty just redirects me to the island.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I believe this portion of the puzzling is finished now, and so we will likely get something later on this week or next week. I could have sworn I have at least one extra island though. Oh well! :hug:

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 11:

At last, me restoration of Krawk Island is nearly complete! I've got a few last minute details, such as postin' me croni--I mean, allowin' me loyal friends to get situated before the mad dash back onto the island begins. Once everythin' is... *cough*under control*cough* then the ceremony to proclaim me governor of Krawk Island may be proceedin'. It won't be long, though, so check back soon!

No more puzzles.

Quote:
I believe this portion of the puzzling is finished now, and so we will likely get something later on this week or next week. I could have sworn I have at least one extra island though. Oh well!

Yep. It seems that we had 11 islets but we have stopped at doing 10.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next