Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Been out for the week, likely for the rest of the week too :cry: But WOW, SK is doing GREAT without me, swept the last few matches and now Grelinek is top goal scorer. Woohoo! (maybe I was the jinx? :lol:)

GO SK! Good luck everyone, hope we make it to the top 4 (and hope I find time to play)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow. Roo didn't do so well yesterday.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Another sweep for Shenkuu... amazingly we are actually the FIRST team to beat Tyrannia in SS! And this in spite of the fact that SS is our weakest game.

It's weird, I keep expecting the outcome to reflect how I personally have been playing, and unfortunately I've fallen slightly behind in my target of 2000 YYB games. But it seems as a whole Shenkuu have really raised their game.

It looks to me as though Meridell will be the one to get the final spot in the top four. They're playing a very strong game at the moment, and they have Terror Mountain and Faerieland left to play!

Edit: Neopets is offline again! I swear they're just trying to give me a hint not to play so much!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Shenkuu and Darigan started a couple of games too late. For DC it is understandable, as they most probably had most of the first time players, who would take time to understand how much or little to play. I guess this means LD keeps its third place and get Roo. I still think 4th is anybody's game, though I think it will be Kreludor over Shenkuu. All this however is based on RI does not concentrate now that they know they will play LD in semis. Otherwise Shenkuu may pip KL. ML, as per my calcs, do not have sufficient points, though what TNT uses is anybody's guess.
Personally I think all opposing teams should have the same formation in finals, otherwise the issue of a team being helped/hindered due to opponent team formation will come up. So far the cup was well managed, and I hope there is no such controversy in the next few days, and whoever wins actually does it thru their abilities.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:26 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I thought the formations would be more of a problem than they actually are, after all KI and RI both have 2+2 formations which is considered to be the easiest.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woo! We beat LD at YYB this time. :D Still surprised we lost on MSN and drew on SS, but my husband and I definitely put in for Roo yesterday. Time to take out Kreludor today.

I think Roo and Krawk will definitely be in the 1/2 spots, even if we totally wipe out today and tomorrow. Krawk's got Mystery Island and Lost Desert to contend with, both of which could cause problems. We've got Kreludor and Tyrannia - more worried about the first than the second.
It's still a very close competition for 3/4, though. Will be very interesting to see how things go over the next few days.

I am quite pleased that I am still on schedule for making it to 2000 points, even after missing out on many days due to the wedding. I'm at 1715 wins, 155 SS, and 720 MSN, just barely into Rank 19. (SO glad I got rid of that stupid gold shield with yellow jewel nonsense, it's STILL ugly). Still aiming to get over 2000 wins for YYB, 200 for SS, and 1200 for MSN. Changed my mind on MSN yesterday, so have been seriously booking it as I was only halfway to my new goal there.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, congrats ginger and to all of Shenkuu. :) I'd had hopes that we'd go totally undefeated, but I can't say I'm completely shocked we had a loss. TNT had bad timing with that article. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It really was bad timing! But even with one loss it's still really impressive.

I think I'm going to manage to get back on track for rank twenty. It seems a shame to give it up now when it's so close to the finish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:05 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

This has probably been the most exciting Altador Cup to date. It's been fun to watch as well as play. (Once I got past my initial frustration, that is. :lol: ) Personally, I think it's pretty boring when one or two teams take the lead and keep it for the duration of the game, and it's pretty obvious who's going to win. I feel that way even if the team I'm rooting for is winning!

And while we've had some of that - KI and RI charged to the front pretty quickly - there have been some surprising upsets and turnarounds. I was especially impressed with Meridell and Shenkuu!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rakumel wrote:
This has probably been the most exciting Altador Cup to date. It's been fun to watch as well as play.

I sort of agree that it became interesting for lots of teams, but I do not know if I like the idea or not. It is true that this year there are a lot of above-average teams, but last year the competition was tougher on the top. 4 teams got 24 or 25 YYB wins last year, another two got 20 wins. This year, only KI and RI may get 25 wins, and no one else can get even 20. There are lots of draws this year, which keeps teams bunched together and that's what I don't like. I would have preferred that TNT tweaked the ratio that makes a game a "draw" at least a little more after first round to ensure there were more results.
The thing I like this year is that there will not be any defections. I never liked last year's idea that a VP player by virtue of predicting the correct winner, getting a nice trophy, but a KI player only getting a participant medal. Also, LD players missing out on a chance to the final was also not very nice. Those has been addressed this time - now if the trophies are more consistent!
I sort of think that displaying the rank shields on the look-up would have been fairer, though one may argue for the team theme getting importance - after all the main game is derived from another team game.

Also, I found out the scores of top individuals of last year, and surprise, surprise its in our Neodex - http://www.pinkpt.com/neodex/index.php/Altador_Cup_II#Prizes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 am 

sid_basu4243 wrote:
Rakumel wrote:
This has probably been the most exciting Altador Cup to date. It's been fun to watch as well as play.

I sort of agree that it became interesting for lots of teams, but I do not know if I like the idea or not. It is true that this year there are a lot of above-average teams, but last year the competition was tougher on the top. 4 teams got 24 or 25 YYB wins last year, another two got 20 wins. This year, only KI and RI may get 25 wins, and no one else can get even 20. There are lots of draws this year, which keeps teams bunched together and that's what I don't like. I would have preferred that TNT tweaked the ratio that makes a game a "draw" at least a little more after first round to ensure there were more results.

It's parity - the same thing that keeps the NFL exciting, in that in any given year nearly every team has a shot at the super bowl.

Quote:
The thing I like this year is that there will not be any defections. I never liked last year's idea that a VP player by virtue of predicting the correct winner, getting a nice trophy, but a KI player only getting a participant medal. Also, LD players missing out on a chance to the final was also not very nice. Those has been addressed this time - now if the trophies are more consistent!
I sort of think that displaying the rank shields on the look-up would have been fairer, though one may argue for the team theme getting importance - after all the main game is derived from another team game.

Agreed. Defecting runs against everything that fan-dom is all about. More to the point, it encourages players to try solely for trophies, rather than to try to WIN, which is different.

Quote:
Also, I found out the scores of top individuals of last year, and surprise, surprise its in our Neodex - http://www.pinkpt.com/neodex/index.php/Altador_Cup_II#Prizes

And guess who's not on it? That's right. Moe-to-the-shazipple. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:57 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

When it comes to the prizes we get, how are those points divided? Do we get points for winning games or points for scoring goals? Or both?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:32 am 

Both. Your final score is determined by the number of games (of whichever) you played, the number of points posted each time, and some sort of crazy multiplier which was figured out, I think, in the second thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:14 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 19,315

Goals by Layton Vickles 17,635
Goals by Tormo "The Terror" Frein 160
Goals by Kep Bonnefie 760
Goals by Tandrak Shaye 760
Saves by Reshar Collifey 477

Number of Wins 1,927
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

Slushie Slinger
Games Played 88
Top Score 669

Make Some Noise
Games Played 380
Top Score 9,083

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daze wrote:

Wow, congrats Daze!! :hug:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next