Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split III
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:18 pm 

kcharles wrote:
Yay! I got to Rank ONE! I'm the best! :D

I'm also still only at Rank 1.

I feel lonely. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:43 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kurisutaru wrote:
Yay for Shenkuu sweeping last round. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can keep getting sweeps and move ourselves up in the standings! *waves Shenkuu flag*

I sure hope so, as we have Brightvale, Faerieland and Altador coming up. FL is pretty much a given, maybe Brightvale too...?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:45 am 

yes, i just hit rank 14. i am big time done for the day, wayyyy to much YYB.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

No offense to any Maraqua players... but I was glad to see us sweep. I'm hoping we do as well as last year -- rough start with a strong finish. I just want to see Shenkuu shine. Darigan being so low in the standings actually shocks me to no end.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Matrinka wrote:
Darigan being so low in the standings actually shocks me to no end.

You and me both!!!

I don't care what TNT have said about 'free-loaders' not ruining a teams chances, Darigan would have to be one of the biggest teams in the comp but we are still losing most games.

There has to be a reason for it. Either TNT are 'fixing' the games (which I highly doubt) or free-loaders do indeed hurt your team.

Anyway, I chose Darigan this year and I stick by it. I had HW for Cup 1 and Shenkuu for Cup 2, so I have no preferred team, I just go with what I feel like at the time.

I am only a few games off Rank 11 with a average of 9 goals a game, so at least I am trying for my team.

(group hug to all Darigans).

*I am pleased that Shenkuu is putting in a showing. Good luck Matrinka. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

And there's another sweep for Shenkuu. :)

I've been looking back at Shenkuu's early schedule, and it was pretty rough. The first five games were against Roo, Darigan, Haunted Woods, Lost Desert, and Krawk Island--four out of five of those are the four top-ranked teams at this point (and we had draws across the board with Darigan). That may have discouraged some people.

On the other hand, only the top two teams have actually swept us, and our only other outright YYB loss was to the #4 team. We can't let the early hurdles get us down.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:53 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yeah, I don't think we're contenders for the top four, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us playing the 5-8 division if we stay strong.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Aargh! KI lost :x . I managed around 150 YYB games including a 5-game streak of 15-0's - sad to see that come to nothing. Unfortunately my brother played close to 250 games!
Congrats to RI though. We will meet again.

I am not surprised that DC is that bad. The main issue IMHO is that quite a few of the better players from DC have switched teams because of the perceived "free-loader" effect. People like my brother - last time he played close to 2,500 games for DC - this time that many games are going to RI! I am pretty sure this phenomenon will happen to this year's champs next year as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:41 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Meridell vs. Roo Island and Krawk Island this week. We have to play against Krawk Island TWICE. Mystery Island may also be a threat. Fortunately both RI and KI have 2+2 formations, which are easy to rip through with Windelle. 8)

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:evil: I just had my players on hyper mode. My team was moving like they had jetpacks strapped to them and the other team was just dawdling. Weird.

It was really hard to control the movement. I ended up with 8 goals but I didn't send it.

TNT has some really funny glitches with this new programme.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:46 pm 

Um, wow. XD I almost completely botched my first game today because we're playing against Meridell.
I was distracted because Meridell was my initial team last year (I choose the teams I do because I'm species-loyal, and these are the only ones with Eyries).
Also, I was really confused when the first play started, because I couldn't figure out that a certain player was an Ixi, not a canary, until he turned out of profile. ^.^; He certainly looks different on the team posters.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:43 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Aww, and I played some of my best Yooyuball to date last night. I finally found both a formation that worked for me and some nice angles to shoot from to score goals more consistently. (Though I'm still not that good at it, really.) Even with the Snow ones! I found out that I was actually getting too close to the goal before shooting them, so instead of going across his nose and into the net, they were smacking the goalie right in the face! Which apparently still counts as a catch. :P

Heh, well, it ain't over yet. 8) *insert "I will be stronger next time" speech here*

I also got that glitch where the players move super-fast. Weeeeeird. Had to refresh the window because the players were just too hard to control.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:31 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Daze wrote:
Matrinka wrote:
Darigan being so low in the standings actually shocks me to no end.
You and me both!!!

I don't care what TNT have said about 'free-loaders' not ruining a teams chances, Darigan would have to be one of the biggest teams in the comp but we are still losing most games.

There has to be a reason for it. Either TNT are 'fixing' the games (which I highly doubt) or free-loaders do indeed hurt your team.

I've been thinking about this. When TNT answered the freeloader question last year, they were talking about people who join the team but don't play at all. If they say those people don't count in the day's tally, I believe them. But that doesn't mean there aren't other ways of hurting your own team. They have to have SOME way of differentiating between the teams, after all. Because the scoring is based on "a weighted AVERAGE based on team membership", any individual player who (on a particular day) sent a total goal difference score BELOW that average actually harmed their team a tiny bit. That is to say, although they contributed points, the team would have had a higher average if they hadn't played.

So if I'm right, the best thing you can do for your team is rack up as many goals and wins as you can on any day that you play. The worst thing you can do is send one or two low scores and then stop playing for the day. I wouldn't call those people freeloaders, as they're not deliberately trying to get a free ride. The most successful teams are the ones with lots of dedicated (or geeky ~:>) players who send lots of good scores. The least successful are the ones with more players who aren't too bothered about the game and just picked their favourite land. The former winners, HW and DC, have suffered from their success. Before winning, they pretty much only had a dedicated core, but now they also have less skilled players pulling down the average - people who joined because they thought the team might win again. I'd be surprised if a team placed in the top 3 two years in a row. :(

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Another clean sweep for Shenkuu!
...and not to count our chickens, but we're playing Faerieland today, so :D

Roo drawing against Merdiell for YYB is a bit of a surprise.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:49 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

What a surprise. We TIED with Roo Island.
Now we must play against Krawk Island... and pwn them if possible. Meridell's getting too many draws these days.

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next