Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:52 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

gingernut wrote:
Wow. We drew with KI in YYB and MSN. Wow.

Wow! Wow! Wow! You guys continue to amaze me - first Roo Island, then Krawks. Wow! How do you finish so strong?
Last year when I was at Shenkuu, I started playing better as the cup progressed, and also started playing more. I thought lots of SK players were like me and was not so surprised with the result. But to repeat it?? Wow!
BTW, are you guys over here playing more and more? What's the overall mood in the boards?
I hope someone can "research" you some day - and I also do not want to meet you guys again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

gingernut wrote:
Wow. We drew with KI in YYB and MSN. Wow.

I second that. :o Now if we can manage a few sweeps... *crosses fingers* Way to go Shenkuu! *waves flag* :)

I actually find that I play less and less as the tournament goes on (same thing happened last year) although I kick it up a notch during the finals. However, my playing also gets a great deal better, so maybe it evens out. I'm tempted to go check out the neoboards and see what people are saying...although...maybe I should just stay away from them. :P

Set by Moogie

Post subject: Re: Does anyone know...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:09 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

cara18 wrote:
how can i help my team in the altador cup? :D
Get good at playing at least one of the three games, and send as many scores as you can. Good luck :)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kurisutaru wrote:
I second that. :o Now if we can manage a few sweeps... *crosses fingers* Way to go Shenkuu! *waves flag* :)

I actually find that I play less and less as the tournament goes on (same thing happened last year) although I kick it up a notch during the finals. However, my playing also gets a great deal better, so maybe it evens out. I'm tempted to go check out the neoboards and see what people are saying...although...maybe I should just stay away from them. :P
In our favour, we've now played KI, RI and LD in the second round robin, so we've got the really really challenging matches out of the way (and drawn in YYB each time). We still have some tough teams left to play, but I think from here our standing is only going to improve. I think we should end up in either the first or second group for the finals... probably the second, but there is still the chance of elbowing our way into the final four.

I'm not playing less yet, but I'm finding it more of a drain to keep playing 60 games a day. I'm still not certain I'm going to make it to 2000, but the nearer I get the more I think it would be a shame to stop now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:34 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I, unfortunately, have to stop playing. Things are just getting way to busy in real life :( Tank 5, 300 YYB, 50 SS and 150 MSN... wish I could do more. Maybe I can sneak in a few more games now and then but it seems unlikely :cry: GO SK though...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Go Roo, beating Krawk at YYB! The final is certainly going to be interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

gingernut wrote:
Go Roo, beating Krawk at YYB! The final is certainly going to be interesting.

I second that!

And I can't belive LD DREW with Medrill in YYB. At least we won the other two. How do you think SS and MSN scores will effect the finals and rankings?

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I think there are a few teams like Meridell, Kreludor, and probably Shenkuu, that because they aren't so high profile are slightly underestimated, allowing them to get the upper hand. I think Shenkuu fell into that trap against Meridell, one of the few match-ups in the second round robin where we actually played worse than we did in the first round.

*grumbles* How many more draws are Shenkuu going to get? Shouldn't complain when it's against a top level team, but still.
Oh well, we won the match-up overall with wins in SS and MSN.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

12 POINTS IN YYB! OMG!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Sorry about that!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:49 pm 

There is something strange going on with the scoring in Slushie Slinger. I stink a YYB so I was counting on getting something through SS. I checked Jellyneo and they said you needed a minimum of 250 as a score in SS to have the game count. I found that to be wrong when I played 100 games and was still beginner. I raised my minimum score to 300 and wound up at level 4 eventually. Now however something has happened. I have 603 SS games and I am at level 4. I should have leveled up to 5 at 595 but nothing happened. Do the requirements change as you change level? Does anyone know?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I know that requirements change for YYB for some levels. I don't know the exact levels when things change... but at first, I only needed 50 wins to level up. Then it was upped to 75 games. Now I'm at 100 games to level.

You're probably at the equivalent level for Slushie Slinger - you need more games now.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:59 pm 

I had no idea that the number of games changed when you leveled up with YYB. then it makes sense it would be the same with SS. I was going to try to up the minimum score to 350 but that is more difficult. Thanks. I was beginning to think I was stuck forever.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:59 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Marybr wrote:
I checked Jellyneo and they said you needed a minimum of 250 as a score in SS to have the game count. I found that to be wrong when I played 100 games and was still beginner. I raised my minimum score to 300 and wound up at level 4 eventually. Now however something has happened. I have 603 SS games and I am at level 4. I should have leveled up to 5 at 595 but nothing happened. Do the requirements change as you change level?
I am not aware of there being any requirement for higher scores as you advance in level. There is a minimum score for the game to count, which TNT put in place to stop people quitting the game as soon as they started and getting credit for it. But as Matrinka says, the number of games you need for each new level does increase as you go. Rank 5 requires 275 points, which is 75 more points than the previous level (rather than 50). The list is at viewtopic.php?p=794788#p794788 under the spoiler warning. If Slushie Slinger is worth half a point per game, you should reach level 5 when you have played 550 games of a high enough score to count. Since you say 100 of your games didn't count, I would guess that you will hit level 5 when your score sheet shows 650 SS games in total. :)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:49 pm 

Thanks so much. You were right. I did level up at 645. With a little luck I will get enough points for a yooyu when the prizes are announced.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:11 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wow at Meridell outright beating Roo at YYB!

Is anyone having trouble with the site? I've fallen behind target now because every time I had set aside to play the site wouldn't load.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next