Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

^
Your lot are actually quite easy to get past, using the 1+3 formation.
DC: Use Layton Vickles to get around Fiorina (Yellow Eyrie), get past Ilsa Ellits (Red Ixi) and use Vickles to shoot.
Alternatively, let Ellits get the ball, run forward using Vickles or Kep Bonnifie (Buzz) to steal the ball and get an easy goal - the rest of Meridell team would've moved towards DC's goal, making it harder for them to block Vickles' shot.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:29 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

An update - if you manage to win 16-0, the score is not getting updated. I suspect its going for review. I lost three such scores against Shenkuu tonight. Not sure when it will be updated. I am thinking not to go for 16-0 anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:32 pm 

Sylence wrote:
I am so confused I have over 100+ sends of slushie slinger at 250+ as I dont send under that and 3 wings and 1 draw but am still a beginner, did I do something wrong?

Wow, that sucks. :( I wouldn't say you're doing anything wrong, technically.
They just may not count it towards your rank if the Slushie Slinger scores are less than a certain number. Unfortunately, we don't really know what that number is.
I think last year all my SS scores counted, and none of them were less than 350. That may be around the cut-off point this year. The cut-off of acceptable scores (for your ranking, at least) could even just be 300 or 275, though.
The only thing I can say for sure is that 407 is an acceptable score. ^.^; It's the lowest I've sent this year, and it still counted for half of a point.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:01 pm 

You guys are too good at yooyuball o_O My best score's only 8-0

Thanks musikitamanga for the set

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:07 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

sid_basu4243 wrote:
An update - if you manage to win 16-0, the score is not getting updated. I suspect its going for review. I lost three such scores against Shenkuu tonight. Not sure when it will be updated. I am thinking not to go for 16-0 anymore.

It's not just on big scores like that, me and my Girlfriend ahve had numerous scores not go through, she's lost 10 game scores with them not going through i've lost about 6, it's getting annoying, jsut now, I'm on 43 games played, I've just finished my 4th and it's still on 43 games

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:38 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Because I was bored, I decided to work out the full standings, most likely with some innaccuracies.

Krawk Island 11 1 0
Roo Island 11 0 1
Lost Desert 8 3 1
Haunted Woods 8 3 1
Meridell 8 2 2
Darigan Citadel 7 3 2
Mystery Island 6 4 2
Tyrannia 4 4 4
Maraqua 4 1 7
Altador 3 2 7
Virtupets 3 1 8
Kreludor 2 4 6
Brightvale 2 1 9
Terror Mountain 1 1 10
Shenkuu 0 6 6
Faerieland 0 0 12

Go Lost Desert!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'm really disappointed at how Shenkuu are doing so far. I know it's early days yet, but after playing for Faerieland last year I was really looking to be on a team which had at least a respectable showing on most matches. Instead we have yet to win anything.

I shouldn't complain though as I haven't been around to play, had a few days holiday so am only on my second full day of playing! I've sent nearly 100 scores today trying to catch up a bit.

ETA Definitely played over 100 games today, I've gone from rank one to rank four! I was aiming to get to 2000 goals in 200 games, but I'm 22 goals short.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:32 pm 

Two questions:
1) is there an up-to-date player rankings guide anywhere so I know how I'm doing?
2) How many games will the teams play in toto? It's double-round-robin, right? So that'd be 28 games in the first round and then 2 more championship round games? That's 30 total, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:22 pm 

my petpet page guide...

http://www.neopets.com/~JoeJoe_53533

crappy done page, but the stratagy's are decent for any of u not pro's at yyb.

I am at rank 6 ( last 2 days ive only had 25 min of internet time though ), nothing spectacular, but 350 wins and 3993 goals at the moment, you do the math on what i'm averaging. *shrugs*

for shapu, yes, 30 games, 30 days total of playing, all star at 2000 *shrugs* err if you play other games do the math. I will go to 2000, then play the hard games, and hopefully the championship if i'm even here *shrugs*

for the 16-0 thing. my internet connection kept cutting out today so i lost about 15, but not for reveiw, and i've had 4 OBVIOUS glitch games, 1 the guys were all backwords, 1 the balls all were the speed of snow, 1 the mutant glitched and was doing a darigan for 14 straight shot attempts, and 1 all the balls were shooting at fire potential, i had 20 seconds to go and 15. and i just let the clock run out because i was afraid to "abuse" the glitch.

EDIT: o yea im a darigan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey all. I just started today, because I haven't been checking neo lately *slaps her own wrist*. I'm only at level one, but summer starts in 5 days and I'll catch up!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:57 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Darigan didn't do so well this time... and they've LOST to Meridell. 8)

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:27 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Quote:
Rather than just sticking to the finals, though, this new format will also be in play for the rest of the tournament's participants. Teams five through eight, nine through twelve, and thirteen through sixteen will now be seeded within their own brackets. "Under the old system," one committee member stated, "once the double round-robin ended, supporters were faced with a choice: they could either jump ship and choose one of the finalists to root for, or stay loyal to their team and go home. Doing things this way will now enable loyal fans to stick by their squad to the very end."

I really don't like this. I like the way they are giving all four top teams a shot at first place, but I really don't like the rest of the teams continuing to play. No offense to Shenkuu, but as much as I love the team, if we don't make it to the finals I would much rather jump ship and play for a team with a chance. It would be more fun that way. What's the point continuing to play for a team that has no chance in placing? The only reason to play then would be to rack up more points for the prize shop. Whereas if you could switch to a top 4 team, you have the excitement of trying to actually win.

I know some people would like to stay with their team no matter what, and that's cool. But why take away the option to switch from those of us that don't?

(If I loved Shenkuu exclusively I might want to stay with them if they don't make it to the finals, but I have several favorite teams and being able to switch if we don't make it gives me an opportunity to play one of my other favorites.)

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I personally like the new style for the finals. It's nice that they let us stick with our own teams all the way through.

Does anyone have any good tips for SS? I want to improve my game, so mainly I'm looking for tips to stay in longer.

*WARNING* *RANT AHEAD* I can still never get above 2 points in YYB! I've only got one neat ball, which was the Darigan Ball, and I only got it with 8 sec remaining! At least I can score a goal fast, I've scored one at 2:53. *RANT ENDING*

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:37 pm 

kcharles wrote:
Does anyone have any good tips for SS? I want to improve my game, so mainly I'm looking for tips to stay in longer.

I don't have any great tips, but something's better than nothing, right? ^.^;

I did read somewhere that the counters aren't set up to perspective, but should be considered to be different lengths. So the one on top is the shortest, and the one on the bottom the longest. They also said the people on the top counter are generally less patient. Basically, the top counter should get priority. (Also, I like to think of the top counter as polished metal and the bottom one as stone, which helps explain why the cups slide so much more quickly on one counter than the other.)

My own tips aren't very numerous. First, if you have a lot of people waiting, it's easiest to get a bunch of slushies from the dispenser on that row and just sling them down the counter, one after the other, until you've gotten one to everyone. Then you just have to be aware of when cups are coming back to you so you can face the correct way.
Second, if you have a lot of people waiting, it's easier to just get them some sort of slushie than it is to figure out which one they really want, so getting the closest type is probably best.
Third, if you have cutsomers on more than one counter at a similar position, serve the one on the uppermost counter first, then work down the line. Otherwise, you could get the thing that annoys me most - you've served counter 3, waited a little while, served counter 1, waited a little while, and ended up dropping one or both of the cups because they reached your end of the counter at the same time. ^.^;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:58 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I didn't realise the Cup was about 30 days long... <.<;; ...makes me thankful I decided to pace myself. ^^;;

I've been playing about 15 games of Yooyuball a day because I find it a bit tedious if I play for any longer. Flash games aren't really my thing. :oops: Although I do enjoy Make Some Noise. XD;; I think I've played a bit too many games of that despite the little points you get. -prods- I picked Kreludor after having a hard time choosing between Meridell and them... I started off with Kreludor in the first cup but since they didn't feature last year I picked Meridell instead. -shrugs- I thought we'd be doing at least a little bit better though... meh. I can't do much more than I'm doing to help so yeah... my biggest score is 9-0 but that was a one off, usually I get two or three Ice Yooyus if I get to 5-0 or something. I got three Darigans in a row yesterday. ^^;; Meh.

I'm hoping for a Purple and Orange Medal(/Trophy) regardless of how well Kreludor do... -prods medal she got last year that looks rather plain- ...meh.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next