Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:08 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

does it matter if all i play is the make noise game? im really terrible at the other games. :(

boo! guess who? ;P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[ fayefaye ] wrote:
does it matter if all i play is the make noise game? im really terrible at the other games. :(

Nope. MSN earns the least points (12 MSN games = 1 point), but it's still supporting your team. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:40 pm 

I play both YYB and MSN but I can't stand Slushie, I only go to lvl 9 and 600 points maximum - I am trying to avoid it, though all games calcutate for the team :(

Darigan For The Cup!!
Don't see it coming...but...w00t...

Feel Free To Neofriend Me: blut_1985

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:44 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

lol ok good. well im off to play MSN then.....

haunted woods is going down!!!!! hahahahaha

boo! guess who? ;P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'll probably feel really guilty if Shenkuu crash out against Meridell, but I'm cashing in on the sixty games I'm ahead by to have a break tonight. Should really wait for an easier opponent, but I just can't play one more game of YYB today!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:34 pm 

Had any of you guys experienced ultra-speed YYB today?

By a time I was playing like zap o_O

Won 10-0 against Kruledor though, was nice :D

Darigan For The Cup!!
Don't see it coming...but...w00t...

Feel Free To Neofriend Me: blut_1985

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've had that, it's one of several glitches I think.

Not a bad result for Shenkuu yesterday- drew in YYB and SS, won in MSN. Although we did beat Meridell in YYB last time, so a bit disappointing there. Krawk today!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*headdesk* LD needs to get it together. We're still in 3rd, but only by a hair. We've drawn nine times in YYB, jeeze! I'm quite terrified of the last 3-4 days of the tournament though: we're playing Krawk, Roo, AND Kreludor... the two above us and one below us. Holy crap, we better build up some more wins to pad us against the inevitable draws. :roll: If we make it to the top 4, it's likely those are the teams we'll be playing in the finals as well. So...7 days in a row of incredibly tough teams! *dies*

I'm level 7 now, happy day :) Average of about 10.7 goals per game, I'm shooting to reach level 10-11 by the end, 9 at minimum. I hate the stone shields, not to mention I got to level 9 last year... I wish wish wish I could get level 20, because it's blue and gold, and those are LD's colors :D

Edit: *another headdesk* Apparently 16-0 games don't count! Not just the 16th goal, the entire game! What the heck, TNT?! *was proud* ;-;

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

metalmario wrote:
Edit: *another headdesk* Apparently 16-0 games don't count! Not just the 16th goal, the entire game! What the heck, TNT?! *was proud* ;-;

I know. :( I finally made it to it last night...twice!....and discovered that neither win showed up. I'm hoping that maybe it's just a delay because of a review or something, but ugh.

I've got a pretty gold shield, now! :D Rank 17 with 1500 YYB wins, 120 SS, and 540 MSN. Probably won't rank again until Saturday, though, since I won't be able to play much over the next couple days. Glad I've gotten 3 days ahead of schedule!

Cup Rules wrote:
At the conclusion of the double round robin phase, all 16 teams will move on to take part in the four-day finals phase, which will consist of a playoff match-up and a final match-up. Each finals phase match-up lasts for two days. Within each four-team rank grouping (1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16), the highest and lowest ranked teams will play against each other, while the second and third ranked teams will also pair off, with the winners of each match-up then facing off for first place of that group, and the losers facing off for third place of that group.

The four leading teams overall will still be in contention for a place on the Altador Cup winners' pedestal, but now, a fourth place team could sneak to the top on two wins, and emerge victorious!
I am reading this right in that the teams currently in 1 and 2 could end up in 3 or 4? This is a good thing or a bad thing...good if your team is in 3rd or 4th, but bad if you're in Krawk or Roo, and end up losing the semi-finals. I have extremely mixed feelings on the fairness of this.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I agree Pickles. On one hand I like this (probably because my team ISN'T one of the top two) but at the same time, it doesn't really seem fair the the teams that have worked so hard to get where they are. I guess I'll have to see how it plays out.

I'm still chipping away at my goal. I'm hoping between working two jobs I'll manage to squeeze in enough time to continue my modest number of games a day. :P

I'm a little disappointed that Shenkuu drew again. Howevever, a draw is better than a loss. But now I think we're up to 8 draws. (LD has 9 I believe) I'm tentatively hoping we'll do well against KI, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much!

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I agree with Pickles that playing team 1 vs 4, and 2 vs 3 is not fair at all for KI and RI supporters. Specially in light of this year's tournament, where the top 2 teams are like miles better in group stages. Last year it was fairer - 1 vs 2 for final and 3 vs 4 for 3rd place. That said, TNT had already announced this from the start, so I cannot complain.

Today we got Shenkuu, but I did not play at all, and do not plan to. Instead I am looking forward to tomorrow's RI game against my brother. Also I am pretty sure KI will still get a shot at the cup, so I will take it really easy till the semis, YYB surely taxes your fingers very much. In the meantime, I am thinking to try to become one of the top 5 players in one of the games. Last year, the YYB top player played over 6,000 games I remember. Though I have around 2,000 games now, I do not think I can reach that level. Also I become asleep after playing a few games of SS, so I am thinking of trying for MSN.

I have played around 2,200 MSN games. Does anybody know what was the number of MSN plays last year to reach top 5? BTW, in MSN, there seems to be a daily limit of 2000 games after which it does not count. So, if the number of plays to reach top 5 is around 12,000, I doubt I would try for it.

I found the SS numbers in last year's AC thread:
varii wrote:
Something odd I noticed looking at the top three of slushie slinger. mummy1958 (#1) won 199 games of yooyu ball and played 3,598 games of slushie slinger and 615 of MSN. win159372 (#2) won 503 games of yooyu ball and played 3,410 games of slushie slinger and 624 games of MSN.

Also I noticed something I said last year :oops: :
sid_basu4243 wrote:
Next time I will join Roo and hope to play 1,000 YYB games (around 300 more than what I contributed to Shenkuu this year).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I can't seem to find the scores anywhere, but I do recall there being some iffy-ness about whether or not all of their scores actually counted towards their ranks, and I also recall at least one of them ending up frozen... o_O
sid_basu4243 wrote:
Also I noticed something I said last year :oops: :
sid_basu4243 wrote:
Next time I will join Roo and hope to play 1,000 YYB games (around 300 more than what I contributed to Shenkuu this year).

I saw that when I was searching for rank info towards the beginning of the cup, and wondered if you'd forgotten about that. :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I actually did forget completely till today. Though I debated over joining RI and KI this year, and chose KI immediately after my brother joined RI. We will both become mad if we are in the same team anyway!
Overall I am less embarrassed of my flip-flop because of the circumstances, anyway he plays lot more and RI is really doing well. That said nothing will give me more pleasure (w.r.t. the cup) if KI win the match-up by 2 games to 1! Ha-ha!

Post subject: Re: Does anyone know...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:06 am 

how can i help my team in the altador cup? :D

hi i am new here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:26 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wow. We drew with KI in YYB and MSN. Wow.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next