Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup XVII (2022)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The best thing I've seen for the captchas is either play using a different IP address or, after finishing a game, right before sending your score, right-click on the captcha icon on the bottom right of the window (only visible if the screen is maxed) and reloading the frame, then sending the score. You can also try changing browsers (captcha and chrome are both Google) or playing in incognito mode (doesn't seem to work for MSN).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've tried changing browsers, same problems. It's basically just keeping on trying until I hit a streak of no issues. Last night, that streak lasted until I finally maxed out - almost 300 games at that point. At any rate, I made it to Rank 18, and hopefully will get to 19 today and All Star tomorrow. We'll see. Two of my kids have belt testing tonight and the other and I have ours tomorrow, so...I'll have a lot less time in the evenings. Sigh. I did a bunch of YYB games last night to help give me a chance. We'll see what happens.

I got the Techo last night as expected. I was soooo excited because he turned out to be Air! Then the game crashed and when it reloaded, he showed up as Fire, an exact duplicate of my Kougra. :( Sigh. I painted him strawberry because he looks ridiculous no matter what. Ah, well.
On a better note, the roller price reset this morning to 2,000, so I grabbed one and worked through the quest chain. I was correct: there was an option for 2 rollers for 50 Crystal neggs after the crystal roller quest was complete. I got them, and now only have one house I want to paint - and then I'll have at least one of every different non-crystal non-seasonal house colors.
I received the Crystal Plateau Dacardian Shield for having completed the last quest chain and have now unlocked the mountain things to build, but that's it. I'm building the last amenity that I can (first), because then I'll be able to complete all the third tier daily quests, then I'll tackle the mountain monument.

Apparently, there is also now an avatar related to the event? No one seems to know how the one person who got it got it, though. I haven't been awarded it. Current theory on the boards is that it's a glitch that the one person got it and no one else has.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 5156 Neopoints!

Like Pickles, I swapped out Sr.Malo for Weirdough. The others shall stay for now.

Weirdough for Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I managed to hit All Star just barely last night, late (after belt testing). I ran into a LOT of trouble with the captchas. Thursday, the most SOSD I could get in a row was 11 (no matter what I did), after which it would fail on at least 3 refreshes before finally starting a new streak of 11. It. Was. Awful.
Friday, I was lucky enough to hit a good streak in the afternoon and made it to almost 100, then another streak that finished off SOSD. Got the rest of the points I needed after testing. Whew.

I am enjoying the bye days immensely.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I kept my team and star player from last time. I'm heading into finals with about 19k in points. My goal is triple All-star by the end of the Cup, which would be the most I've ever gotten. (I was on track for it the year TNT froze my account.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 5740 Neopoints!
Woot! Binary Supagoo won for "Seasoned Pro."
Quote:
Congratulations, you guessed it right! Here is your prize for correctly predicting Binary Supagoo as the Star Player of Round 3.
I got a A Binary Life: The Coconut that Bootstrapped Itself

Go figure. AFTER I drop Senor Malo, he REALLY ups his game. Back in you go, Senor Malo! Goodbye again Weirdough! Back to Aesop as Star Player for Round 4. I might change that to Kikocat or Senor Malo, but I'm not sure yet. We'll see how I feel about it closer to next week.

I am still muddling through at least all of my SOSD each day. Monday and Tuesday I was able to get decent streaks (Monday, I did ALL 401 games without refreshing!) to complete them. I lost a handful of games to captchas yesterday, but nowhere as many as last week. I'm not aiming for anything in particular at this point, other than to end on an even 10 at some point, since last year they had no 1-point prizes. Should pass 10,000 points today, though!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

TNT wrote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 5733 Neopoints!

Well, Sr. Malo sure showed us, didn't he? Fooey. Ditto on swapping him back in. The difference between Unknown and Aesop was a mere 13 points. No sense in swapping them now.

I have not spent a whole lot of time with the AC Games this year... Not much different than last year. Just cannot seem to get into it. I am sure I'll regret it when the prizes roll around. Ah well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So....going to the AC main page now says
Quote:
The Altador Cup Has Ended...

If you haven't made your last round staff picks, use the direct link: Staff Tournament

I did a full max out on SOSD (yes, ended with an non-even number of points), and got up to a decent number of YYB games (nice round number) and a handful of SS games. I am, however, glad it's over.

I have also completed every quest/build possible at this point on Island Builders. Hopefully, they'll do an update with more soon...but I'm not holding my breath.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Pickles

I should be good for the Staff Tourney, but made zero progress on the AC. I had a semi-goal of making Rank 1, but have not played anything for several weeks.

I have been playing Island Builders, but am only at ~120 YYBs opened, so I likely will not get the YooYuPet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:58 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I need to pick my staff tourney team tomorrow.

I made my goal of triple All-star on the last day, which is the most I've ever done. I wouldn't have made it if I hadn't had to quarantine for a week while my house was being repaired.

Edit: kept my team the same because Senor Malo has been less consistent than Weirdough. I wanted to go with Dingo for star player, but she's already won, so I chose Kikocat, thinking they might choose another veteran.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:53 pm:
Quote:
Okay... so that's... times 4... carry the 7... ah! Given your chosen team's performance, you've earned yourself 5839 Neopoints!
Dingo had a BAD round, and Kikocat wasn't on top of her game as much either. Ah, well. 44,367 total out of a maximum possible 46,944. Not too bad. Can't really complain there.

There is an update to Island Builders (I had to go to the play store and manually update the app) that will unlock a short quest chain with Ariel (basically, aww, the cup is over, here, have this roller to revert your plaza to normal if you want, then confirmation that you've received the roller, and that's it). Clicking through the two brief conversations will get you the avatar (that does not count towards your avatar count!) but it is cute. Some people have noted a few minutes of delay between finishing the chain on the app and the actual neomail coming through. As long as you finished the first chain of quests for the stamp and hat, you should have no problems getting the avatar.
Quote:
Congratulations! You've unlocked an Island Builders special avatar reward! The avatar has been added to your account:
Dacardia Yooyuball Avatar

The Neopets Team

Still waiting for the actual AC results. Maybe soon? Probably not today since the news is already out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:

Prize shops are both out. I am still trying to process all of it. 3 stamps at 4k, 4.5k, and 5k? A 16-icon, 100% freeze and 100% block on an element for only 3.5k? What were they thinking? That's like...a mini Moehog-Skull for basically not even halfway to All Star. This is INSANITY. What were they thinking?! Wait, I asked that already. Fine. I'll asking it again: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!!!?!?!

We're not even going to talk about the actual "winners." I still don't have a clue how the results could've possibly ended up the way they did.

Just...wow.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah... I'm refusing to look at results until they're fixed or TNT explains. I don't want to see the results. There's no way with any logical system whatsoever that Meridell shouldn't have come in first. They might raise those price points or nerf the weapon, though.

Edit: just saw the staff prize shop. They have the opposite problem in there: 18 books costing a total of 63k, far more than anyone won, and that's without even looking at any of the other prizes. They should be no more than 1k each. Come on.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:04 pm:
I'm trying to not even think about how poorly this went in the end. I'll need to get at least one of the stamps separate from what I earned, and I'm not happy about it. They're going crazy in price since there are three of them and instead of people buying multiples of one (keeping prices down), they're having to buy different ones. I'm just hoping I'll be able to get the third for a reasonable price somewhere along the way.

I sure as heck hope they nerf the weapon. Last year's weapon cost 6,000 points and was MUCH weaker. This makes NO SENSE. Any of it.

According to the boards (and another offisite location), a number of users were "shadow banned" and their efforts were not counted towards their team. As I am not a member of that other offsite location and have no desire to set up an account there, I will not be private messaging to find out if somehow I was "shadow banned," but apparently you can find out.

The staff shop has traditionally had more staff items than you can buy...but it's never been books, which makes it a mess this year.

ETA:
Apparently they changed one of the prizes from last year (Yooyu Trading Card) into an album item, and created an entirely new album category: Card Collector. Why they chose to do this instead of, you know, using it as one of the collectable cards (like it's categorized) I have NO IDEA. This year's Altador Cup Collectable Card is also an album item, in the same category. So there are technically 4 album items, not just three. My one consolation is that I had gotten the card from last year, thinking it might sometime be added to my neodeck with the rest of the collectable cards.

I forgot All Star is at 8.8k points, so technically you can get the 4k and the 4.5k stamps by hitting All Star.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with my prize points at this point. I'm hoping they will address the Thunder Sticks by nerfing them. They SHOULD address them by nerfing them, because they are WAY too overpowered for the price they showed up as. I mean, if they were like, the top prize, that would've made sense, because the amount of work that would've gone into them would've been worth it. But where they're at? Nope. It's spitting in the face of all the long time battlers.

Also...why did they single out a single player (who was not even the MVP IIRC?) for a stamp?

Don't count on them changing the results, Siniri. They sent out an email with a huge congratulations to Darigan. It's not likely to change anytime soon.

Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:33 pm
ETA2: I actually submitted a comment on the Thunder Sticks to the editorial. I'm realllly hoping they nerf them. I'm pretty miffed at how they've handled this year, all around.

ETA3: I have been attempting to grab any one of the stamps all evening, even at the ridiculous prices (15-20+million, depending on the auction), but I can't even get a bid in on the auctions, they're going so fast. At this rate, I'll either pay through the nose for the third one to some reseller (as I've seen several ending up with the stamps) or I'll never get the third. Ugh. What a mess. I'm giving up for the evening and hoping things settle tomorrow. Hah! Maybe I'll be able to find someone on the neoboards who will do a Neofriend only trade for me, so I can make sure I don't get sniped. At this rate, I'll pay the 15-20 million for the 4k prize point one, just to get it in my album and be done with it!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, sorry, I think I didn't get a chance to reply to your PM. I got you, as long as 26+k is enough for 4 stamps (and the weapon, if it doesn't get nerfed?). Don't overpay.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Pickles, sorry, I think I didn't get a chance to reply to your PM. I got you, as long as 26+k is enough for 4 stamps (and the weapon, if it doesn't get nerfed?). Don't overpay.
Siniri, you're the BEST. Yes, you should easily be able to get double of any of the stamps plus the other three and the weapon (one of each stamp plus the Sticks is 17k). In fact, I think you could double up on two of the stamps and still have leftover (assuming one of the two is the 4k one). Just don't forget about the "other" album item (Altador Cup Collectable Card for 45 Points).

I'm definitely willing to pay whatever it's worth (and/or possibly offer other retired stamps that you might or might not have if you're interested - I have a few floating around that I bought a second of just for grins - obviously not happening this time), as this would be the first time I've missed out on any event stamp that I can think of (aside from the debacle of the AC shop closing without warning before I spent my points, but I do actually have that one now as well, safely stuck in my album). Whew. I'll stop fighting trying to snipe one of the auctions. You have no idea how much that reduces my Neo-stress levels. (Seriously, the last minute of some of these auctions is RIDICULOUS with how many bids are going in on some of them - especially those with the 1np increments!)

People on the trading post make me laugh - they're asking for 50 mil for the stamps already (One is asking for 2 Thunder Sticks for the 4k stamp. Seriously?). The ones on the auctions are still going for between 10+ to 20+ mil, depending on the auction and increment. I've watched every single one asking for more than 30 mil close with no bids (and there have been enough go through to be noticeable over the last 3 days).

I'm still waiting for things to settle down before I go spend prize points, as always. I don't think I'll wait until next year this time, but definitely at least another week or so, to see how things settle and to see if the Thunder Sticks get nerfed and throw everything into more chaos. People are suggesting (aside from potentially nerfing the Sticks) that they should lower the cost of the stamps and refund the difference in prize points (like that would actually happen) among various other things. I'm going to give it at least a week to see if TNT makes any sort of response, but then I think I'm going to get it done with because I want all this behind me. There is still a LOT of upset over the way things have turned out on all counts. (More comments in spoilers)
Seriously, some of the threads on the neoboards are....special. There's a lot of anger there. There's anger on the JN comments section of their posts, too. There's basically anger, confusion, frustration....everywhere. Not just on the Site Events, either. There have been a few threads on Battledome and also on Trading Post (and I haven't checked avatars, but I'll bet there's some there, too) because those areas of the site are affected as well. There are some people on the Battledome boards asking for the weapon to be kept as is, despite how much it devalues other weapons and inflates the prices of EVERYTHING in the actual shop, but...

My favorite thread is titled "TNT, PLEASE HELP ME" with "Can you share with me a little of what you were drinking, please? I want to hallucinate too" being the first post. :lol:

But then there's this thread, which puts things into an interesting perspective...

I think this might be the first time I've not attempted to defend TNT in their poor decisions. I think that says a lot more than anything else I've said on any of the posts here about this fiasco.

At least my trophy showed up? The design isn't too terribly bad this year, either. Unlike some previous years where they had to um, redesign...when they realized how bad they looked. :lol:
I liked the old way of displaying the personal stats better than the scrolling thing this year's links to, though. Feels like I have to scroll through forever to get to my actual stats.

Time to take the AC customizations off my pets, and figure something else out for them to wear next. Maybe something...summer-y? Hm....

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next