Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Desperately Need Website creating
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Here is what I would like to achieve:
Basically, I need a minimum 6 webpages and 2 databases I think

A home page which allows either Staff or Admin logins, and won't let you into any pages without being logged in. Database 1 to hold log in infomation.
Password Protection is the most important part of this, as it will be holding Server info for over 500 companies

The Admin Login allows you to access the database backends, to modify user details and modify company information, both via webpages to make life simple. Database 2 to hold company info.

From the staff Logon, you can either browse a complete list of companies, or do a search on them.

When browsing, or searching, the list of results needs to allow the user to click on the company and bring up a new webpage with more details.

For me, it sounds like it would take me months to write, but in my head sounds like a fairly simple task for someone who has written websites for a long time.

I would like to host on a free website rather than internally, so its viewable to members of my team outside of the office.

Can you help?

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject: Re: Desperately Need Website creating
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

If you still require help - I would highly recommend a CMS system to do this. I use Joomla for my website, and it's highly customizable - new features can either be coded yourself, or downloaded from a free library - and it has admin/moderator functionality. It's very user-friendly for those who aren't so tech savvy.

Post subject: Re: Desperately Need Website creating
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
WordPress from http://www.wordpress.org/ (the self hosted option) might also be handy for you.

I have used WordPress for a while and I absolutely love it. The community behind it is rich and vibrant and there is basically a plugin for anything that you could possibly want.

Also check out WordCast - the WordPress-centric podcast that I host - for tips and tricks on how to use WordPress and which plugins and themes are great (and free!). http://www.wordcastpodcast.com/

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]