Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: anyone read terry pratchett?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

i've read most of his books, my favorites are rincewind :P, Deaths (especially when he speaks LIKE THIS) and susan *because i've seen the anitmated version of it, didn't like her book version as much, but the animated one was good* overall the most favorite book i would ahve the say the color of magic, because its the first, and they are usually the best, but i like how the use of footnotes inproves as he goes on :)

i'm in the middle of reading a hatful of sky. nac mac feegles are so cute! *but i wouldn't say that to their faces*

another good one is the unadulterated cat. if you don't nescesarily like stories and stuff, but own a cat, you will realised every word is Truth ;)

If you see my sanity, get it to give me a call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I've read a few. I particularily like the one he wrote with Neil Gaiman, Good Omens.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Spira, I'm with you. I love that book. I think I should read it again. How can you beat demonic messages from Queen tapes? ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:44 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Terry Pratchett is a great author, perhaps my favourite. His ideas and stories are so fantastic, I think the first one I read was (cant remember title) the book wherest Rincewind (make more Rincewind boooooks) end up on the PsuedoAussie land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

hahaha the land of the triple X. that would be the last continent :P. i liked that book too, esp how dibbler keeps turning up, and the crazy kangaroo. althugh at times it seems somewhat surreal :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I've read about two or three of his books, I forget the titles excatly but he is on my "to Buy" list lol

right now I'm rounding out a few other collections but one of these days I do play to buy and read all his discworld novels!

Image~My Neko Set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My friend introduced me to Terry Pratchett a while ago, and I'm slowly becoming addicted. His books are hilarious. :)

So far I've read Jingo, Hogfather, Equal Rites, Feet of Clay, and I'm in the middle of Monstrous Regiment. I think I like the Watch books best, though.

(Actually, I'm considering doing a Hogfather set for winter this year - good to know there are a few people who'll get it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

He's good. Hilarious, at times. :)

He (with Jay Jolliffe) also wrote a book about cats ("Unadultered Cat") -- that's hilarious too. Describes my cat almost flawlessly.

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:22 pm 

Yeah, I love Pratchett! I've read the whole series plus Good Omens, but I still can't decide on my favourite character. I would say Rincewind, but he's a little too 'flat' for my taste. I think I'd go for Death ('HELLO THERE' :battar: ). He's not only very funny, but he's so much more than that (a (grand)father, for example) :) ).

Don't you just love the fifth rider of the Apocalypse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:40 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yes!! I love Terry Pratchett!! He is awesome!! XDD I love the ones with Rincewind, Death, ummm, oh, aah, I can't remember the names of the books now >.< but so many that I love^__^. The ones with the little blue faeries that got kicked out of faeryland, but with such a bad memory, of course, I can't remember what they're called. But yeah, I love his books^^* They're hilarious^__^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hunter Lupe wrote:
He's good. Hilarious, at times. :)

He (with Jay Jolliffe) also wrote a book about cats ("Unadultered Cat") -- that's hilarious too. Describes my cat almost flawlessly.

:lol: thats whats sitting on my shelf looking at me right now! *the book not the cat, i have a cat though*

and its true, describes my cat pretty much as well.

its also hilarious, i lent it to my friend in a tutorial, and she was laughing so much we got kicked out of class *since it was study period it was justified, but still...* and we got weird looks in the library too,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:22 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Heh, I've read a few of his books. My favorite character is by far Coporal Carrot. I especially like that one quote, I can't find it right now, but something about people doing stuff just because Corporal Carrot said so. In other news, I found this:

http://quizilla.com/users/Margolotta/qu ... %20YOU%3F/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:26 am 

My favorites are The Truth and Mort :)

0_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Why has no-one mentioned the Discworld series?! They're hilarious. I like Carpe Jugulum the best methinks... Ooo also, when I was younger I read the "Johnny" trilogy, very tongue in cheek, funny really.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:18 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I'm about 1/2 way through his latest book 'Going Postal', this book is excelent to say the least.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next